“Not happy with extra charge.”

Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando
Ranked #106 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 28 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Steven L, General Manager at Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I picked this property as a last minute thing and because the price on orbitz was 37 a night. We stayed here for memorial weekend. Booked two rooms at the property. We were going to arrive late so when I called the hotel they were very nice. The gentleman at the front desk on Thursday night was so nice and helpful. I would recommend to have extra help with check in due to long lines when we arrived and checked out. Since I had booked two rooms i thought they would be close by but one room was 2019 and the other was 3038. When we went to the first room 2019 we noticed the outside floor is carpeted. Stinks and filthy. Recommend to pull it out. This room is very outdated and bedding is too. Its small for a double. We noticed little small bugs around the sink kinda clear looking but small like a baby ant. My mom and my two girls were staying in this one so I was a bit worried. As we were going to our room there were beer bottles on the stairs until the next morning late. On the other hand my husband and I got the other room and it was more updated. Bedding was nice and big enough room. We did notice also the little bugs on the sink in our room. Handle on the sink came off completely. Where the cable connected for the tv on the wall was hanging. The tub needs a major scrubbing. Towels are decent but needs some softner to it. The next morning I went to check on the other room and my daughter complained she got bit. My mom was ironing and what looked like a bed sheet was the iron board cover was stained and very dirty.The handle on their sink came off also. I immediately went to the front desk and complained. Rafael did get it taken care of and moved them two doors down from us. One complain about him was that I forgot my room number and I told him 3028 instead of 3038 and he was like I know this hotel that room does not exist. So I had to actually tell him to please look up my name to get my room number. He should of known to do that first. Room 3036 was much better and very updated. After all this we had no more issues. Great thing no bed bugs, no roaches, housekeeping very nice and pleasant. Best part of this property is the pool and hot tub. Very clean and the bouncy house and mini playground is a plus for kids. I would probably stay here again if it was a last resort or just a overnighter. I can say this there are worse hotels in the area so its not as bad as other reviews have put it.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are outdated. Bottom floor rooms facing pool are up to date.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Steven L, General Manager at Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

We are glad you found everything okay with your guest room. We do offer our Express Continental Breakfast which offers fresh danish, cereal, fresh fruit, juice, and coffee.

We are working hard to become the Number I service hotel in Kissimme, and with out feed back from our guest we cannot do that.

Thank you for you again for your comments about our hotel. We certainly hope you will give us a 2nd chance on your next trip to Orlando!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I read some of the reviews for Roomba Inn & Suites before booking our room. Mostly all good, some not. Booked anyway. I've never written a review on anything before. From the moment we checked in we have been very pleased with our stay. Beautiful pool area with a huge tiki hut, only draw back tiki bar not open. The new restaurant that is open we were told are taking over th tiki hut. Another employee said when asked that it probably wouldn't open as they can't get a liquor license. I think they should at least have someone out there with cold refreshments, things that they would not need the license for. Have someone there in the evenings and on weekends. Grounds beautifully kept, nicley landscaped. Room was nice, beds comfortable and clean. Short walk to Old Towne, restraunts and a 7-11. Contrary to another comment I read, we were poolside and it was quiet even on this holiday weekend. The staff was very helpful. Great place to stay for the $. I give it 4 stars. Would recommend to anyone!

1  Thank Terry J
Steven L, General Manager at Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for your review of our property. I am thrilled to see that you had a wonderful experience while you were here with us. Our team take pride in our hotel and loves the opportunity to WOW our guests.

I have spoken to our restaurant operator about having refreshments out at the cabana Bar in the future and appreciate your comments about that.

We look forward to having you back the next time you are in the Orlando area. Have a wonderful day and safe travels!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Easily accessible by public transportation. Cheap. Clean. Nice pool area. Needs major overhaul to exterior. Staff was pleasant and professional. They will hold your luggage if you artive early. If available you may check in early for $25.00. In walking distance of Old Towne shopping and dining.

Good for quick inexpensive getaway. Close to Disney and other major attractions.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

We have added in our Pool Oasis Family area 2 Children's Playland areas, a Bouncy Castle, and a Putting Green for our guests enjoyment. We are in the process of upgrading the exterior of our buildings, now that we have completed our 4 million dollar renovation on the guest rooms and interiors of all our public spaces.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

They are really doing lots to make it nice. They added a bouncy house when we were there and a swing set with slide. They have a very nice outdoor bar and the bartender was very nice. everyone was really nice and helpful. We stayed April 9th-16th.

Great location next to Old town!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Steven L, General Manager at Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Reviewed 20 May 2014

It was very nice when we checked in but after a few weeks and we were checking out I gave them an ice pack when we checked to in their freezer for my eye medical when we checked a few weeks I went to pick up the ice pack they could not find it I was so very very disappointed that is why I am giving them a bad review plus their breakfast I was not impressed or their coffee would not recommend!

Room Tip: Don't get a room by the pool the motor on the pool is very very noisy go on the 3rd floor way fr...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy S
Steven L, General Manager at Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel! We are sorry that you had an unenjoyable visit to our hotel! We will look diligently again for your ice pack, and I have talked to the chef about the coffee.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Good for 1 night room was pool facing you could hear everyone walking talking. This is party motel so loud. Bed not comfortable. Breakfast a joke we got there 8am food all gone. The handle to the sink in our room came off in my hand. Room supposed to have microwave it didn't. I called someone brought us one to use. Scary location near old town. Overall i wouldn't stay there again. The front desk people nice at check in about the only good part. The pool light out of pool with cord dangling looked dangerous. .

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank techbeth

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel! We are sorry that you had an unenjoyable visit to our hotel! I am glad that wewere able to help you after you brought this to our attention that next morning, and was glad to refund your full amount for the stay.

The Pool Oasis area is our Family area and features a Childrens Bouncy Castle and 2 Play areas, sometimes they get excited and are loud, again accept our apology for that.