“Worst Hotel!!”

Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando
Ranked #105 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Booked two nights at this hotel through Hotwire and got a great deal...now some may say I shouldn't have expected much by choosing the lower rate hotel but I am here to tell you that I have booked the lower rate hotel in Orlando before and had a wonderful experience. This is my first bad experience with Hotwire, will not let this affect my view of them. We checked in and were charged a $10.00 resort fee (per night), a little confusing because this hotel is NOT a resort by any means! I don't even know where to begin on the MANY things that were disgusting about this hotel. The room smelled like a wet dog, the carpet was stained, the refrigerator wasn't cold, the in room safe was broken, the tub was stained and looked dirty, when we tried to adjust the temp of the sink water the knob came right off. The complimentary continental "breakfast" consisted of a few danishes and a small selection of cold cereals. The ONLY good part of the hotel was the pool and hot tub, very nice and they had the zero gravity chairs. Think twice before booking here....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ilovecows0605
Steven L, Manager at Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear ilovecows0605,
We are sorry that you did not have a good experience with us. Please contact the manager if you would like to further discuss the aspects of your experience that you were not satisfied with. We hope that you will decide to give us another shot sometime in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I believe that this hotel was very good and very clean get the restaurant at the time because they were renovating. it's affordable I'm very close to Old Town and I've been going to this hotel since I was a young child i to be used to be a days inn.
Overall great :)

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Jessy2992
Steven L, General Manager at Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

We have added in our Pool Oasis Family area 2 Children's Playland areas, a Bouncy Castle, and a Putting Green for our guests enjoyment. We are in the process of upgrading the exterior of our buildings, now that we have completed our 4 million dollar renovation on the guest rooms and interiors of all our public spaces.

We look forward to having you back the next time you are in the Orlando area. Have a wonderful day and safe travels!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Several day stay at this hotel completed. Some brief information, as well as pros and cons. This is formerly a Days Inn. It has been somewhat renovated and updated with newer furniture and decor. Has a nice pool area and is a great location if you're looking to stay near attractions on 192 or be close to the Disney parks. We had 2 different groups, so we had two rooms. Both rooms were clean and up to date and stocked with towels, soaps, etc.. Room service did a great job with turndown and cleaning, etc.

Hotel has a cajun seafood restaurant in it that is fairly new. Didn't try it, so can't review it, but its worth mentioning for those interested, as they are open late and right inside the lobby area of the hotel. Saw the menu and prices, which range from reasonable to more expensive. They do offer a shuttle to one of the parks [EPCOT I think], you need your room key to access it. We didn't need it, as we were a large group traveling together, but it was available nonetheless.

The check-in process at the hotel was a bit time consuming, even with no lines. There seemed to always be a hold up. Checked with the other group we had staying with us, they had a similar hold up, as did a friend of theirs. So that was a problem. Also a problem, the attitude of some of the hotel staff. Girl at the desk, pleasant as can be - one other employee, not so much. Check out, over the phone - easy as pie.

One room didn't have the promised microwave, or a working TV remote, or a working fridge. So that was a bit of a let down after paying for these [now] common amenities and then not having them work. After dealing with the guy at the desk, didn't bother to complain, as he wasn't much help with anything else. Also a problem, the ice machines were down - both of them. So no ice. Thankfully, had a friend at a nearby resort who was able to get us ice from their place and save our food, especially with the non-working fridge in one room. Free ample parking, but there is a $10 a day resort fee charged on top of the room rate, which is somewhat - unfortunately - common these days, so know that in advance.

Overall, if you are looking for a place to sleep that is close to Disney, any of the 192 attractions, Downtown Disney or OldTown, I'd stay here again. It was convenient in that sense. It is across the street from a Publix grocery store, a Denny's, Checkers, Jimmy Johns, McDonalds, etc. All within walking distance, as is a 7-Eleven, which is practically on the property. If you're looking for more amenities [kitchen, etc.], I'd suggest the next nearest hotel across the way, which is, in my opinion (after staying at both) a step or two up from this one.

Room Tip: Building C seemed to be quieter than some of the other Buildings our companions stayed in, and is fu...
2  Thank OrlandoTripKing

Thank you for your review of our property. I am thrilled to see that you had a wonderful experience while you were here with us. Our team take pride in our hotel and loves the opportunity to WOW our guests.I have spoken to our Guest Services Manager about how to speed up the check-in process, as well as how to make sure friends are as clsoe together as possible.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I booked this off Expedia, got a great deal, I thought. When we arrived, we were put on the 3rd floor. We were given a map, and told to use the elevator. They didn't work, were out of order. After schlepping our 3 huge bags up three flights, we noticed a huge pile of trash next to our door, and a horrible smell in the room. We turned on the air conditioning and went to the pool, thinking the smell would clear out. It didn't.

When we went to the pool, we literally had to walk around a housekeeping cart that blocked the whole walkway. It never moved in the 24 hours we were there. We never saw a single housekeeper. The huge pile of trash was still there when we checked out. The walkways bounce alarmingly if you walk out away from the building. They sag and have sunken spots, and it looks like the place should definitely be inspected, if not condemned.

The entire time we were there, we tried to get on the Wi-Fi. We never could. Every time I called the front desk, it was a different answer, from "wrong password" to "wrong network". When I finally went down there (a long hike) the final answer was "there are too many people on it, it won't work." So NO Wi-Fi, as advertised.

When we came back from dinner to get in bed, we pulled back the sheets and noticed something crunchy (boogers?) dried on my husbands and my bed sheet. I was immediately grossed out, and we called down and were given a (clean?) room three doors down.

The new (clean?) room had a used water bottle on the back of the toilet and long black hairs all over the floors. It was nearly midnight of a long travel day from Seattle, so we were too tired to fight anymore, so we slept anyway. I did notice that my teenage son slept in his clothes on top of the covers. The next day he told me that when he turned the bed down, there was blood all over the sheets, but he didn't say anything because he didn't want me to freak out and move rooms again.

We had the room booked for two nights, but I called Expedia, and they cancelled the 2nd night, and refunded the balance. Oh, and on top of all this, Roomba charges you a $10 "Resort Fee" on top of the room charge, HAHAHA!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer R
Reviewed 28 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Steven L, General Manager at Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I picked this property as a last minute thing and because the price on orbitz was 37 a night. We stayed here for memorial weekend. Booked two rooms at the property. We were going to arrive late so when I called the hotel they were very nice. The gentleman at the front desk on Thursday night was so nice and helpful. I would recommend to have extra help with check in due to long lines when we arrived and checked out. Since I had booked two rooms i thought they would be close by but one room was 2019 and the other was 3038. When we went to the first room 2019 we noticed the outside floor is carpeted. Stinks and filthy. Recommend to pull it out. This room is very outdated and bedding is too. Its small for a double. We noticed little small bugs around the sink kinda clear looking but small like a baby ant. My mom and my two girls were staying in this one so I was a bit worried. As we were going to our room there were beer bottles on the stairs until the next morning late. On the other hand my husband and I got the other room and it was more updated. Bedding was nice and big enough room. We did notice also the little bugs on the sink in our room. Handle on the sink came off completely. Where the cable connected for the tv on the wall was hanging. The tub needs a major scrubbing. Towels are decent but needs some softner to it. The next morning I went to check on the other room and my daughter complained she got bit. My mom was ironing and what looked like a bed sheet was the iron board cover was stained and very dirty.The handle on their sink came off also. I immediately went to the front desk and complained. Rafael did get it taken care of and moved them two doors down from us. One complain about him was that I forgot my room number and I told him 3028 instead of 3038 and he was like I know this hotel that room does not exist. So I had to actually tell him to please look up my name to get my room number. He should of known to do that first. Room 3036 was much better and very updated. After all this we had no more issues. Great thing no bed bugs, no roaches, housekeeping very nice and pleasant. Best part of this property is the pool and hot tub. Very clean and the bouncy house and mini playground is a plus for kids. I would probably stay here again if it was a last resort or just a overnighter. I can say this there are worse hotels in the area so its not as bad as other reviews have put it.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are outdated. Bottom floor rooms facing pool are up to date.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel! We are sorry that you had an unenjoyable visit to our hotel!

We are glad you found everything okay with your guest room. We do offer our Express Continental Breakfast which offers fresh danish, cereal, fresh fruit, juice, and coffee.

We are working hard to become the Number I service hotel in Kissimme, and with out feed back from our guest we cannot do that.

Thank you for you again for your comments about our hotel. We certainly hope you will give us a 2nd chance on your next trip to Orlando!

The Roomba Guest Services Team

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I read some of the reviews for Roomba Inn & Suites before booking our room. Mostly all good, some not. Booked anyway. I've never written a review on anything before. From the moment we checked in we have been very pleased with our stay. Beautiful pool area with a huge tiki hut, only draw back tiki bar not open. The new restaurant that is open we were told are taking over th tiki hut. Another employee said when asked that it probably wouldn't open as they can't get a liquor license. I think they should at least have someone out there with cold refreshments, things that they would not need the license for. Have someone there in the evenings and on weekends. Grounds beautifully kept, nicley landscaped. Room was nice, beds comfortable and clean. Short walk to Old Towne, restraunts and a 7-11. Contrary to another comment I read, we were poolside and it was quiet even on this holiday weekend. The staff was very helpful. Great place to stay for the $. I give it 4 stars. Would recommend to anyone!

1  Thank Terry J
Steven L, General Manager at Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

I have spoken to our restaurant operator about having refreshments out at the cabana Bar in the future and appreciate your comments about that.