“It was ok”

Ranked #109 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Louisville
“It was ok”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel over all is ok. The rooms were very clean but only had one towel in the room. The breakfast was good considering it was free . We were told there was a hot breakfast for $5 but all it included was bacon and eggs. The front desk staff were semi professional could improve on that.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Louisvillebadgirl23
Roomba M, Owner at Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Louisvillebadgirl23,
Thank you for your valuable feedback. It is important to us to hear from our guests about their experiences. We apologize for aspects of your experience that were not up to par with your expectations. We hope you will decide to stay with us again the next time you are in town. We offer special prices to our repeat guests.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Slidell, Louisiana
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Seriously?? This place needs to be SHUT DOWN! We made the mistake of booking there back in March 2014, based on pictures shown on expedia.com and a great price that was obviously too good to be true. We only needed one night to get rest after getting of a cruise before driving home so how bad could it be, right? it was THE ABSOLUTE WORSE hotel experience I have EVER encountered. Oh wait, it was more of a motel than a hotel. The entire building was falling apart. The buildings were identified by letters that were cut out of cardboard boxes and covered with duct tape. Some were falling apart. Our room smelled awful and just minutes after we carried our luggage up, the room started to vibrate terribly! We waited for it to stop but it never did and eventually our entire bodies were vibrating with the room. My oldest son has epilepsy so that wouldn't work for us. They didn't hesitate to switch our rooms. This room was just as funky, but it didn't vibrate, so i give them credit for that and for being so quick to accommodate when we complained. I was going to leave it as that and just never book there again...until I received a call from them yesterday...

A lady called telling me all about their $4mil renovations (It's the beginning of July, so I'm amazed $4mil of reno was completed in 3-4 months) and how she has an AMAZING offer for me. Tells me that she can give me 3 nights at their NEWLY RENOVATED property, $100 restaurant card, and a 3 night Bahama cruise for $499. I politely decline and tell her we have a cruise booked already so can't afford that. She puts me on hold and a guys comes back with the same spill about their $4mil renos and asking me to "keep an open mind" as he offers me what he's about to offer. 3 night stay, $100 restaurant card, 3 night vacation anywhere we decide for $399. I again politely decline saying I'm not willing to make that choice without first consulting with my husband who was still at work. The man continued to say that he "can fix that problem" for me and offered to take only 50%. I declined so he said "I can fix that." $99...I declined. He got pissed. Told me "You are going against what you said when I got on the line. You said you would be open minded." I told him I was being open minded as I'm still listening to what he had to say. He tells me "You are not being open minded. You are being very close minded." I immediately disconnected the call and I will be spreading this review to every review site that I can until this trashy place is shut down!! These people are ridiculous, rude, liars. If you made $4mil in renovations, then use proper advertising to get customers. Don't go down your list of past (unsatisfied) customers to try and beg them to come back and then insult them when they decline! It is bad for your already, obviously, hurting business!! People, RUN, don't walk FAR away from this horrible place!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 894JJJ
Dear 894JJJ,
We want to apologize for this experience that you and your family endured. We are also sorry about the phone call that you provided details of. What you have described is not acceptable and we thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we can be sure to address it right away.

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

My daughters and I booked a last-minute getaway this past weekend, picking the motel solely on cost. What an awesome surprise! Everything was just perfect...pool was clean, grounds were beautiful, and beds were comfortable (each one had three nice pillows...not two scrawny ones like most places). My daughters and I are planning on coming back here once a month for a girls' only getaway. Would definitely recommend to others!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Karyn M
Roomba M, Manager at Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Karyn,
We are so glad that you and your girls had a great time! Be sure to check out the deals we offer to our repeat guests. We are looking forward to accommodating your next girls’ weekend.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Booked two nights at this hotel through Hotwire and got a great deal...now some may say I shouldn't have expected much by choosing the lower rate hotel but I am here to tell you that I have booked the lower rate hotel in Orlando before and had a wonderful experience. This is my first bad experience with Hotwire, will not let this affect my view of them. We checked in and were charged a $10.00 resort fee (per night), a little confusing because this hotel is NOT a resort by any means! I don't even know where to begin on the MANY things that were disgusting about this hotel. The room smelled like a wet dog, the carpet was stained, the refrigerator wasn't cold, the in room safe was broken, the tub was stained and looked dirty, when we tried to adjust the temp of the sink water the knob came right off. The complimentary continental "breakfast" consisted of a few danishes and a small selection of cold cereals. The ONLY good part of the hotel was the pool and hot tub, very nice and they had the zero gravity chairs. Think twice before booking here....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ilovecows0605
Steven L, Manager at Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear ilovecows0605,
We are sorry that you did not have a good experience with us. Please contact the manager if you would like to further discuss the aspects of your experience that you were not satisfied with. We hope that you will decide to give us another shot sometime in the future.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I believe that this hotel was very good and very clean get the restaurant at the time because they were renovating. it's affordable I'm very close to Old Town and I've been going to this hotel since I was a young child i to be used to be a days inn.
Overall great :)

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Jessy2992
Steven L, General Manager at Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this review, 30 May 2014

We have added in our Pool Oasis Family area 2 Children's Playland areas, a Bouncy Castle, and a Putting Green for our guests enjoyment. We are in the process of upgrading the exterior of our buildings, now that we have completed our 4 million dollar renovation on the guest rooms and interiors of all our public spaces.

We look forward to having you back the next time you are in the Orlando area. Have a wonderful day and safe travels!

The Guest Services Team
Florida
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Several day stay at this hotel completed. Some brief information, as well as pros and cons. This is formerly a Days Inn. It has been somewhat renovated and updated with newer furniture and decor. Has a nice pool area and is a great location if you're looking to stay near attractions on 192 or be close to the Disney parks. We had 2 different groups, so we had two rooms. Both rooms were clean and up to date and stocked with towels, soaps, etc.. Room service did a great job with turndown and cleaning, etc.

Hotel has a cajun seafood restaurant in it that is fairly new. Didn't try it, so can't review it, but its worth mentioning for those interested, as they are open late and right inside the lobby area of the hotel. Saw the menu and prices, which range from reasonable to more expensive. They do offer a shuttle to one of the parks [EPCOT I think], you need your room key to access it. We didn't need it, as we were a large group traveling together, but it was available nonetheless.

The check-in process at the hotel was a bit time consuming, even with no lines. There seemed to always be a hold up. Checked with the other group we had staying with us, they had a similar hold up, as did a friend of theirs. So that was a problem. Also a problem, the attitude of some of the hotel staff. Girl at the desk, pleasant as can be - one other employee, not so much. Check out, over the phone - easy as pie.

One room didn't have the promised microwave, or a working TV remote, or a working fridge. So that was a bit of a let down after paying for these [now] common amenities and then not having them work. After dealing with the guy at the desk, didn't bother to complain, as he wasn't much help with anything else. Also a problem, the ice machines were down - both of them. So no ice. Thankfully, had a friend at a nearby resort who was able to get us ice from their place and save our food, especially with the non-working fridge in one room. Free ample parking, but there is a $10 a day resort fee charged on top of the room rate, which is somewhat - unfortunately - common these days, so know that in advance.

Overall, if you are looking for a place to sleep that is close to Disney, any of the 192 attractions, Downtown Disney or OldTown, I'd stay here again. It was convenient in that sense. It is across the street from a Publix grocery store, a Denny's, Checkers, Jimmy Johns, McDonalds, etc. All within walking distance, as is a 7-Eleven, which is practically on the property. If you're looking for more amenities [kitchen, etc.], I'd suggest the next nearest hotel across the way, which is, in my opinion (after staying at both) a step or two up from this one.

Room Tip: Building C seemed to be quieter than some of the other Buildings our companions stayed in, and is fu...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank OrlandoTripKing
Thank you for your review of our property. I am thrilled to see that you had a wonderful experience while you were here with us. Our team take pride in our hotel and loves the opportunity to WOW our guests.I have spoken to our Guest Services Manager about how to speed up the check-in process, as well as how to make sure friends are as clsoe together as possible.

The Guest Services Team
Bonney Lake, Washington
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I booked this off Expedia, got a great deal, I thought. When we arrived, we were put on the 3rd floor. We were given a map, and told to use the elevator. They didn't work, were out of order. After schlepping our 3 huge bags up three flights, we noticed a huge pile of trash next to our door, and a horrible smell in the room. We turned on the air conditioning and went to the pool, thinking the smell would clear out. It didn't.

When we went to the pool, we literally had to walk around a housekeeping cart that blocked the whole walkway. It never moved in the 24 hours we were there. We never saw a single housekeeper. The huge pile of trash was still there when we checked out. The walkways bounce alarmingly if you walk out away from the building. They sag and have sunken spots, and it looks like the place should definitely be inspected, if not condemned.

The entire time we were there, we tried to get on the Wi-Fi. We never could. Every time I called the front desk, it was a different answer, from "wrong password" to "wrong network". When I finally went down there (a long hike) the final answer was "there are too many people on it, it won't work." So NO Wi-Fi, as advertised.

When we came back from dinner to get in bed, we pulled back the sheets and noticed something crunchy (boogers?) dried on my husbands and my bed sheet. I was immediately grossed out, and we called down and were given a (clean?) room three doors down.

The new (clean?) room had a used water bottle on the back of the toilet and long black hairs all over the floors. It was nearly midnight of a long travel day from Seattle, so we were too tired to fight anymore, so we slept anyway. I did notice that my teenage son slept in his clothes on top of the covers. The next day he told me that when he turned the bed down, there was blood all over the sheets, but he didn't say anything because he didn't want me to freak out and move rooms again.

We had the room booked for two nights, but I called Expedia, and they cancelled the 2nd night, and refunded the balance. Oh, and on top of all this, Roomba charges you a $10 "Resort Fee" on top of the room charge, HAHAHA!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family