“Ok if you just need a place to sleep”

Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando
Ranked #105 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I booked the hotel through Groupon and after I read the reviews I almost canceled. However, since the hotel was in walking distance to Old Town and I really wanted to check out Old Town I gave it a try.

Here are my results:
Pros:
- This staff are VERY friendly, helpful and accommodating

- The furniture in the rooms are brand-new, somebody really tried hard to make the rooms look renovated. I love the furniture's contemporary, modern look (nothing really matches, that but that doesn't bother me)

- The hotel has flatscreen TV

- each room has a microwave & fridge

- the suites are huge

- beds are comfortable & the room is clean

CONS:

- no "do not disturb" sign on the door, room service banged on the door forever and me out of bed the next morning at 8:30. I really wanted to sleep in :(

- The air-conditioner is so loud you can't even have a conversation, much less sleep or watch TV. I had to turn it off for the night and in the morning when I turned it back on, it smelled musty

- The room smelled funny

- somebody had taken the remote to the TV

- previous guests had broken the safe but the front desk would've given me a new room with working safe without any problems

- The bathroom was tiny and there was little to no closet space (no hangers, no drawers, nothing)

- The bathroom sink is broken. The knob came off multiple times and it was really hard to turn the water on

=> this is a motel for if you just need a place to spend the night somewhere and you don't plan to actually enjoy the amenities or relax. For $40 a night, this would be a good deal. HOWEVER, since I paid more than $40 a night despite the fact that I booked on Groupon, plus occupancy tax, plus $10 resort fee PER night, this hotel was overpriced. For $150 I can spend two nights at the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista for two nights. I'm a little bummed out considering the amount of money I was charged, without the resort fee it would've been totally okay, but the resort fee is ridiculous. This hotel is not a resort by any means. The playground outside is broken & dangerous

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank geheim
Roomba M, General Manager at Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for your recent stay and posting on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and our staff but very disappointed to hear that you had problems with your room. We have not completed our total renovation yet , but the problems you had are not the standard we set for our guest Thank you again for your feedback. I hope the next time you are in the area you will give us another chance.

Ken Floyd
AGM

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Though travelled much over the years, never taken the time to write a review. Feel it necessary to beware fellow travelers. Will list positives and negatives.

Positives . Near attractions , pool is ok

Negatives. Door jam had no face plate and was not secure complained twice with no results.
Ants! Bought Krispy Kreme donuts hour later covered in small ants. Offer came with free breakfast , when I used voucher they wanted to charge me $5 for a hot breakfast which looked awful (old rubber scrambled eggs in buffet pan and greasy round patties of sausage) - the only free item offered was pre packaged Danish and milk - We could get grand slam at Denny's for $4 across the street. Was charged a $10 a day resort fee (no mention of this when booking online). Room outdated not enough outlets - 1 in guest room and 1 in bathroom that looked like it had caught on fire prior and 1 for TV, fridge and microwave (yes you had to unplug 1 appliance to use another ). Small rough towels in room and No towels at swimming pool. People smoking on balcony outside non smoking rooms, kids running and screaming well past midnight from the balcony to the pool. Poor wi fi speed and cable went out when ever it rained. Very loud air conditioner and no counters in bathroom. Paid more through this travel site then advertised on marque .

Room Tip: Choose elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bigfoot208

Thank you for your recent stay and posting on Trip Advisor. We are very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy our hotel. We are working hard to complete our renovations and improve our guest rooms, and I can assure you the problems you had are not the normal for us at the Roomba. I hope that the next time you come to the Orlando that you call me personally and give me a chance to show that we know how to take care of guests. Thank you again for your feedback

Ken Floyd
AGM.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed three nights at Roomba as part of a family trip, July 10th, we found it to be a great location and great value. The restaurant and bar is awesome with live music at night, the food was also very good. For the price we paid, I cant fault this. Apparently it has had recent improvements and it does look modern. The rooms were clean and all that we needed.
Being right next door to Old Town was a blast, no need for the rental car, and the shuttle to Disney was regular and on time. I would definitely be back!

Room Tip: King bed looking over the pool
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank FLAguyUk
Roomba M, Manager at Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear FLAguyUk,
Thank you for the great review! We look forward to seeing you again and being able to offer you our specials for repeat guests. Just be sure to call the next time you want to book so that we can extend these specials to you and your family.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel over all is ok. The rooms were very clean but only had one towel in the room. The breakfast was good considering it was free . We were told there was a hot breakfast for $5 but all it included was bacon and eggs. The front desk staff were semi professional could improve on that.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Louisvillebadgirl23
Roomba M, Owner at Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Louisvillebadgirl23,
Thank you for your valuable feedback. It is important to us to hear from our guests about their experiences. We apologize for aspects of your experience that were not up to par with your expectations. We hope you will decide to stay with us again the next time you are in town. We offer special prices to our repeat guests.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Seriously?? This place needs to be SHUT DOWN! We made the mistake of booking there back in March 2014, based on pictures shown on expedia.com and a great price that was obviously too good to be true. We only needed one night to get rest after getting of a cruise before driving home so how bad could it be, right? it was THE ABSOLUTE WORSE hotel experience I have EVER encountered. Oh wait, it was more of a motel than a hotel. The entire building was falling apart. The buildings were identified by letters that were cut out of cardboard boxes and covered with duct tape. Some were falling apart. Our room smelled awful and just minutes after we carried our luggage up, the room started to vibrate terribly! We waited for it to stop but it never did and eventually our entire bodies were vibrating with the room. My oldest son has epilepsy so that wouldn't work for us. They didn't hesitate to switch our rooms. This room was just as funky, but it didn't vibrate, so i give them credit for that and for being so quick to accommodate when we complained. I was going to leave it as that and just never book there again...until I received a call from them yesterday...

A lady called telling me all about their $4mil renovations (It's the beginning of July, so I'm amazed $4mil of reno was completed in 3-4 months) and how she has an AMAZING offer for me. Tells me that she can give me 3 nights at their NEWLY RENOVATED property, $100 restaurant card, and a 3 night Bahama cruise for $499. I politely decline and tell her we have a cruise booked already so can't afford that. She puts me on hold and a guys comes back with the same spill about their $4mil renos and asking me to "keep an open mind" as he offers me what he's about to offer. 3 night stay, $100 restaurant card, 3 night vacation anywhere we decide for $399. I again politely decline saying I'm not willing to make that choice without first consulting with my husband who was still at work. The man continued to say that he "can fix that problem" for me and offered to take only 50%. I declined so he said "I can fix that." $99...I declined. He got pissed. Told me "You are going against what you said when I got on the line. You said you would be open minded." I told him I was being open minded as I'm still listening to what he had to say. He tells me "You are not being open minded. You are being very close minded." I immediately disconnected the call and I will be spreading this review to every review site that I can until this trashy place is shut down!! These people are ridiculous, rude, liars. If you made $4mil in renovations, then use proper advertising to get customers. Don't go down your list of past (unsatisfied) customers to try and beg them to come back and then insult them when they decline! It is bad for your already, obviously, hurting business!! People, RUN, don't walk FAR away from this horrible place!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 894JJJ

Dear 894JJJ,
We want to apologize for this experience that you and your family endured. We are also sorry about the phone call that you provided details of. What you have described is not acceptable and we thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we can be sure to address it right away.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

My daughters and I booked a last-minute getaway this past weekend, picking the motel solely on cost. What an awesome surprise! Everything was just perfect...pool was clean, grounds were beautiful, and beds were comfortable (each one had three nice pillows...not two scrawny ones like most places). My daughters and I are planning on coming back here once a month for a girls' only getaway. Would definitely recommend to others!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Karyn M
Roomba M, Manager at Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Karyn,
We are so glad that you and your girls had a great time! Be sure to check out the deals we offer to our repeat guests. We are looking forward to accommodating your next girls’ weekend.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Booked two nights at this hotel through Hotwire and got a great deal...now some may say I shouldn't have expected much by choosing the lower rate hotel but I am here to tell you that I have booked the lower rate hotel in Orlando before and had a wonderful experience. This is my first bad experience with Hotwire, will not let this affect my view of them. We checked in and were charged a $10.00 resort fee (per night), a little confusing because this hotel is NOT a resort by any means! I don't even know where to begin on the MANY things that were disgusting about this hotel. The room smelled like a wet dog, the carpet was stained, the refrigerator wasn't cold, the in room safe was broken, the tub was stained and looked dirty, when we tried to adjust the temp of the sink water the knob came right off. The complimentary continental "breakfast" consisted of a few danishes and a small selection of cold cereals. The ONLY good part of the hotel was the pool and hot tub, very nice and they had the zero gravity chairs. Think twice before booking here....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ilovecows0605
Steven L, Manager at Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear ilovecows0605,
We are sorry that you did not have a good experience with us. Please contact the manager if you would like to further discuss the aspects of your experience that you were not satisfied with. We hope that you will decide to give us another shot sometime in the future.