“Not impressed at all!”

Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando
Ranked #43 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Not impressed at all!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I have a problem in that this hotel COULD and SHOULD be getting at least four stars from me - but due to a catalogue of problems it's lucky to be scraping a two! First things first - the rooms are spacious and comfortable! Always clean and great for nearby restaurants. Our problem we found however was on our first night where at around 10:30pm when around 20 high school kids turned up and started running up and down the corridor, shouting and slamming doors! Obviously a big booking - and they were just settling in so fair's fair... How wrong were we! It was still going on by half eleven - and resulted in me having to phone down TWICE to get someone to shut the little brats up! During the first call at around 11pm I was made to feel as if it was me who was the problem!! Not impressed at all. If you have a big booking of kids, common sense would be to move them away from small party guests! Obviously not the policy here so we asked to move rooms which they swiftly sorted to their credit - but with only fifteen minutes to pack up In the morning before the shuttle turned up it meant we left a load of our shower products behind - obviously our fault - but shouldn't have had to have been forced to move in the first place! So already by day two we have lost $10 worth of stuff! Other problem was as we checked out! BEWARE THIS HOTEL HAS HIDDEN CHARGES!! I had noticed this sign on the desk for a $15 per night charge for parking, wifi (which didn't work on the 7th floor) and fridge (which froze all our food so we had to throw away about $20 worth anyway) but as no one mentioned anything AT ALL when we checked in, I foolishly assumed it was included in our bill! No one told us about this extra charge when we checked in - it was all hidden in the small print! Very unimpressed by this as coupled with the problems on our first night totally tainted the whole stay to the point where I couldn't return or recommend it! Shame, as it has the potential to be a good, cheap and comfortable stay it just felt like a disaster! Thankfully the amazing parks and restaurants made it a great stay!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrEMan1
GstSvcsMgmt, Manager at Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for choosing the Park Inn by Radisson, Orlando-Celebration. We appreciate you staying with us and are sorry to hear that your experience was not to your satisfaction

As we are outside of the gates of Disney, we host quite a bit of student groups. The groups are normally blocked in a separate section to keep everyone together.

The Resort fee you mentioned covers unlimited use of the fitness center, swimming pools, parking, scheduled complimentary transportation to the area theme parks, as well as the interactive childrens' play area, to name a few of the items.

Thank you for your time in providing us with valuable feedback. We hope that you allow us another opportunity to better serve you should you return to the Orlando area.

Striving to make magical memories for all,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The Hotel has changed brand not long ago. You will probably feel some ups and downs but I believe it`s a matter of time. The new rooms are great. No carpet, spacious, minifridge, comfy beds. From North Tower, ask for a room on the 5th or 5th floor facing WDW. You will see the fireworks from your room. The big trouble is the reception. Although the staff make what is possible to help you It is very commom to see only one person working. It`s a huge hotel. Lines are formed easily and nobody answers the phone often at front desk. There is a grocery store nearby. It is quite close to Disney Parks.

Room Tip: Try a high floor facing the Parks. It`s nice to see the fireworks from your room at night.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing the Park Inn by Radisson, Orlando-Celebration. We appreciate you staying with us.

The hotel has recently undergone a conversion to the Park Inn by Radisson, and as such, is still making some changes. The overall appearance and the lobby/food areas are some of the areas that we will continue to enhance during the next few months. We have experienced some turnover in our staff due to these changes and expect to see our staffing levels increase back to what the business dictates.

Please be sure to visit us on Facebook, as we will announce each of the changes on our page.

You are correct in that we have some rooms that overlook the fireworks daily. These are called our "Magical Park" view rooms and do sell for slightly more than our standard rooms. For those of you interested in viewing the fireworks nightly, please be sure to look out for these rooms as they are limited!

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The hotel was nice unfortunately the service was not the same. I am a Carlson member and to make sure I don't get any type of backlash when I return I choose to remain anonymous. Arriving to the hotel we had a problem with our room arrangements. There are no rooms in the hotel with 3 beds, yet we were confirmed for it. We went to the front desk and the supervisor was not even trying to look at us. Teya then assisted us with the problem. There were only two people who made me feel like it was alright to spend the night despite the bumps in the road all night long. These two people worked the night shift and if I remember correctly it is a man named ONELL and a woman named TEYA. That young woman catered to us the best she could regardless of everything that was going on when we arrived. We were sent back and forth to our group leader by security even though we told him we already spoken with the group leader. There is nothing more he can do he said. Teya put enough importance to finding one of our colleagues medication which she direly needed. Bringing the issue to her she was able to locate the lost medicine bag. She took care of us even with a lot that happened that night even if it was getting late because she knew medication is important. Also we complain to Onell people in our group have been waiting on things we asked the front desk for. Onell made a couple of trips to rooms delivering items requested for earlier in the night immediately after that call. I do not know if that was part of his job, but he also did that for us. We had issues with Diamond Tours and our tour guide Debra that is another matter, but I wouldn't advise anyone to book tours with them at all.
They sure know how to pay attention to you when they are taking your money, but when it comes to taking care of you without your wallet out...there is only the few who deserve to be behind a Park Inn by Radisson.

Room Tip: Ask for room arrangements specifically. If you need 3 beds in the room make sure to ask specifically...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
GstSvcsMgmt, Manager at Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for choosing the Park Inn by Radisson, Orlando-Celebration. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

We will pass along your comments regarding service to our management staff, as we take all of our guests' comments seriously. A member of our management staff may have already been in contact with you and we hope that it was resolved to your satisfaction.

We will pass along your wonderful comments regarding Teya and ONeil to their supervisors. We are happy to hear they made an impression on you.

Striving to make magical memories for all,

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

A lot of noise, they will charge you 15 U$ for the Internet, swimming pool and or some other stuff. I complained cause I didn't know and she said she couldn't do anything.
Room 103 is the worst. I had to move to 620, plus or minus.
U can find better!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
GstSvcsMgmt, Manager at Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with your experience with us.

The resort fee covers parking, unlimited use of the fitness center, pool areas, scheduled transprotation service to the area theme parks, and interactive children's game area, to include a small theather area, to name a few.

Please note, we take all of our guests' comments seriously and will be sure to pass this on to our management staff for review.

Hinesville, Georgia
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I had booked my room around 10am online. When I got to the hotel to check in around 630 pm I was not in the system. Apparently my paperwork was on the fax and it had "just came in". Thank God there was still rooms left or I would of been out of luck with something that was already paid. The girl at the front desk overall was very nice and sweet. As we went up to our room we saw a small roach crawl out when we opened the door. The room was nice and loved the floor. As I went in the bathroom I noticed a few problems. The tub had cracks around it and where the soap goes it was all peeling, the back of the door was old and had dents and chipping towards the bottom, there was some black stuff on the floor (had no idea what it was), long hair on the bathroom floor also. The fridge as I opened it had a wobble because it was missing a little leg thing underneath. Later on that night I noticed two towels had hair on it like the one on the floor. We decided to go out that evening and noticed there was many buses outside. When we returned later that night around midnight there was two police officers, teenagers and I believe chaperones. At that hr it was loud. The next morning we were awoken by loud people/teenagers outside in the hallway before 7 am. It was ridiculous. The hotel needs a lot of work before it can call itself a resort and charge you a resort fee. They are nowhere near a resort.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank ricangen81
GstSvcsMgmt, Manager at Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando, responded to this review, 7 April 2014

Unfortunately, we cannot control the actions of our guests. We can assure you that in the case that incidents occur, the specific guests are not invited to return. All guests that remain with us are expected to respect the other guests.

moonstone
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Our stay was 5 nights, we checked in no problem at 1 am. This is a good hotel if you are not planning on staying in your room or hanging out there for your holiday. Close to many gift shops and restaurants. Located within 5 mins to the gates at WDW. I felt the resort fee is a little much, just a cash grab. Therefore I didn't feel compelled to leave a tip for our housekeeper. You could tell the housekeeper had been in daily, however never left enough towels for 4 adults, coffee ect. The room in general could have been a little cleaner. The coffee for $2.50 is a joke down at the restaurant. We never used the shuttle, I prefer to work off my own schedule as I know how busy the buses can be and time is not always accurate. Overall I likely would not stay here again, for the price I paid and for what I got I can't complain, I just know that there is nicer.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank shabbyqueen
Thank you for choosing the Park Inn by Radisson, Orlando-Celebration.

The hotel has recently undergone a conversion to the Park Inn by Radisson, and as such, is still making some changes, the majority on the overall appearance and lobby/food areas.

somerset
Reviewed 6 April 2014

we stayed feb/march for 10 nights,our room was modern and spotlessly clean.check in was quick the reception staff very helpfull and friendly.we had a couple of issues during our stay,no coffee or spare toilet roll left one day,told reception the items were sent up very quickly.the second issue not very nice 2 cockroaches in bathroom! called reception someone sent up straight away bathroom sprayed,did see one again during the night.we were offered another room,my husband didnt really want to move as it was so quiet where we were,when we went out they thoroughly cleaned and sprayed the room,we were asked on our return if we were happy or would we like to change rooms,we were happy to stay never saw a cockroach again.for us its not what the problem is,its how its dealt with!top marks for customer service.pool area nice comfortable sun loungers,hotel set back of the main road so very quiet.ok the road leading to the hotel needs attention,not the hotels fault.would stay again.

Room Tip: some rooms you can see the disney fire works
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sherbySomerset
Thank you for choosing the Park Inn by Radisson, Orlando-Celebration. We appreciate you staying with us and are happy to hear that our staff was able to serve you!

The hotel has recently undergone a conversion to the Park Inn by Radisson, and as such, is still making some changes. The driveway you mentioned should be fixed within the next few months. We invite you to keep up with what the hotel is doing on our Facebook page so that you may keep up with everything happening here at Park Inn by Radisson.

Thank you for your time in providing us with valuable feedback. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Orlando Area.