A little about me (for perspective): My partner and I travel at least once every couple of months to somewhere. We are from South Florida and have been to Disney and Orlando multiple times. We love to go on cruises and are used to that level of service. :)
So, I initially booked with this hotel because of the location and because I found a great deal on TravelZoo.com that brought the price in around $140 for the 2 nights we originally planned on staying. When it came to the day before, we decided that we wanted to head over early and proceeded to try to book another night with the hotel. I went online and saw a price of about $70 for the night. OK - this sounds good, right? Wrong. :( After fees and the usual taxes it comes to just over $100 - for just that one night! I called to see if the would add this night on at the rate I was already paying for the other nights. The first person to answer didn't even let me start to ask my question before she transferred me. She heard the word "reservation" and said "let me transfer you". Very rude. I did report this to the nice lady who attempted to amend my reservation, and she apologized profusely and told me someone would look into it. We did wind up booking at the regular online price since we didn't want to try and transfer hotels the next day.
The room was nice and big. We did get an end unit with a King bed, sofa, mini-fridge, and coffee maker. Bed was comfortable enough - did not stick out in my mind either way. Slept well! The outlet placement kind of sucks though. Bring an extension cord if you plan on charging your phone on the night stand. I just charged it at the desk before bed, then brought it over when it was time. Tile floors were nice because there was no old carpet smells or stains. However, it was a little chilly that week and that tile was not nice under feet. There are good-sized rugs on either side of the bed. There is a safe in the closet that you use your own code on. It's just like the ones on the older cruise ships. Worked just fine for us.
The bathroom is a nice size. Same as most of the newer hotels - or newly renovated - plenty of room. The soaker tub was great!! No jets or anything, but fills fast and is nice and deep! Bad thing for us was the shower head. All of that great pressure from the tub didn't make it out of the shower. :( I reported this problem in the A.M. and they did "fix" it while we were gone that day. It had improved, but was still not what I would live with every day. Did not re-report, made do. Oh, and nice shampoo, etc. in the bathroom!
There is a $15/night/room resort fee. While the majority of hotels, resort, villas, etc. in this area do charge some sort of a fee, this is the highest one that I've encountered!! And, it's a bit of a joke! They say it is for the shuttle to the parks, the pools being heated, the wifi, and some other kids-related things. Oh, and self parking. Well, the shuttles are shared with the other hotels in the area, so the timing sucks. The wifi was soooo slow that I had to turn it off in order to get the page to load on my phone. And, I'm a patient person with wifi. It literally never loaded - gave me an error on the page. Even with the password put in and it saying that I had good wifi signal strength. Lastly, the parking lot is in bad disrepair (disappearing lines, weeds everywhere, potholes, etc.). If I'm going to pay extra for that, please give me a nice parking lot to park in.
There is a full restaurant, a bar/lounge, and a quick-service on-site. I never ate at the restaurant, but tried the pizza at the quick-service. It was great. Convenient, but a little pricey - $9 for an 8" pie with 1 topping. The bar/lounge was great, too. Good service and fair prices. Think in the range of like TGIFridays, etc.
Lastly, the location of the hotel was perfect!! There are several places in this very area to stay at, too. I think it was like a 10-15 minute drive to the Disney parks. There are lots of chain restaurants near by as well. McD's, Denny's - Friday morning there was a man making balloon animals and Disney characters, great skills! IHOP is there, Outback, etc.
Overall, I most likely will not stay there again because service and a nice shower are top on my list of priorities. But, it wasn't the worst, either!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Park Inn by Radisson Orlando - Celebration. We are conveniently located just 1 mile from Walt Disney World Resort and offer Complimentary scheduled shuttle service to Walt Disney World's Animal Kingdom, Epcot Center, Universal Studios,and Sea World, on a daily basis. Our two pool areas feature over 3,500 square feet of pool deck, 2 outdoor heated swimming pools, 10 person Jacuzzi, and a poolside bar (seasonal). Our full service restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. For the children, we have a video game arcade and three interactive gaming stations. We also have a ground floor children's Disney themed movie theater. Need a rental car while in the area? Our on site Avis Car rental desk is located in our lobby. A fully staffed professional "tour desk" that will be happy to assist you with area attraction information and theme park tickets. For our meeting planners, we have over 30,000 sq ft of flexible event space, including 12,200 sq ft ballroom that seats 1,000 people in a corporate classroom setting. Space enough to accommodate up to 1,300 attendees in a banquet event. We look forward to having you here, and hope that you are comfortable and happy at the Park Inn by Radisson Orlando-Celebration. (Resort has a $16.95 per night per room resort fee) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Splitty, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Park Inn by Radisson Resort & Conference Center Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Worldgate Hotel Kissimmee
- Radisson Hotel Kissimmee
- Radisson Hotel Worldgate
- Radisson Worldgate Resort
- Radisson Kissimmee
- Radisson Worldgate Hotel Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Radisson
- Park Inn By Radisson Resort & Conference Center Orlando Kissimmee, Florida