“Pleasantly suprised!”

Park Inn by Radisson Resort & Conference Center Orlando
Ranked #44 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My sister and I read the reviews and were a bit concerned because of the negative reviews. We booked through Armed Forces Vacation Club. If you book via AFV you are in the south tower and the fees that everyone talk about in their reviews don't apply. Our rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious. Plenty of room. We had 2 BR/2BA which meant an A&B unit so we had a partial kitchen in the suite and a mini fridge in the other. There are 3 HD TVs . Free WIFI was pretty slow at times but it was usable. Pools are conveniently located. Hotel outside looks a little dated and can use some cosmetic work but really didn't affect our stay. And the best part is that we were no more than 15 minutes from any Disney Park. That was fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank jwas4762
Mike B, Director of Front Office at Park Inn by Radisson Resort & Conference Center Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Hi.
Although you stayed at the time share division of our property, I still want to say thank you for letting us know you enjoyed your stay. Both hotel and time share guests have use of all the amenities so we are glad you got a chance to enjoy!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

For those of you reading the nice reviews which are dated from before Jan 1, 2014 be warned, the hotel has changed it policies since then.

It is now a $15 fee to park, use wifi, use the shuttle service, etc.
It is now a $10 fee to use a microwave
There is no outside food or drink allowed in the outdoor area and you will be escorted out if you have them
The shuttle service only goes to specific parks once a day for a total of 4 options and only returns to pick you up 5 times (1 at each location).

Then there is the 20 minutes of them holding your parking pass hostage while you listen to their timeshare spiel.

And my absolute favorite part - when I completed their survey I got back a response of "sorry you were upset, but...." which basically told me that all of my complaints were my fault.

There is nothing "resort" about this hotel. I travel a lot and often stay at Carlson brand hotels, but I have never had such a bad experience. Stick to the Radisson or the Country Inn from this brand for a comparable price (all those fees add up).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ktflor
Mike B, Director of Front Office at Park Inn by Radisson Resort & Conference Center Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Hello.
Thanks for letting us know your recent stay was not completely satisfactory. Your comments will discussed with our management team. We have had many good reviews since January 1st with many happy guests. I'm sorry you disagree with them. You will find most every hotel with a bar or food service, will not allow outside food or drink, and we would definitely inform a guest of this, and not "escort them out".

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed 6 nights here. Service is good. Staff is friendly. Hotel is in ok condition, but needs some tidying up here and there. Poorly located. I would only stay if no other option available. Swimming pool area is good and the hotel offers free parking which is a plus. Also Avis and budget are within the hotel which is another plus.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank XtianAndAnya

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I see you came all the way from Auckland. Hope you enjoyed your whole trip, we appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Let me begin by stating that I did not use any of their facilities. When I vacation in Orlando, I do not need a resort; I only need a nice, clean place to sleep. This hotel definitely delivered, especially for the price. I got an incredible deal so I went for it and I am so happy I did. We stayed May 15-May 18 and I have already recommended this hotel to all my co workers and friends. It is very clean, the front desk was very helpful, (was it Duane?), and the room was almost just like in the pictures. Obviously the pictures make it look a tad bigger and more luxurious but I was very surprised how close to the pictures the room came. We got a king size bed at no extra charge and we could not be happier with the experience. If what you're looking for is a nice, clean place to sleep with free parking, mini fridge, hair dryer, relatively good WiFi and great AC at an awesome price, this is it. The only thing I would would recommend to hotel management is that I believe the tubs need a handle of some sort to hold on to while getting in and out of it. I think this would be a great addition to the bathrooms.
I will most DEFINITELY be going back, probably at the end on this month!

Room Tip: AC works almost TOO well, keep that in mind. And unfortunately, no microwave :(
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gitana32

Hello, and thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate all comments, and especially ones like yours.
We will look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I arrived on the 12th May 2014 and will be leaving tomorrow, th
e 20th.

A horrible place to stay unless of course you're out all day at the Disney Resorts..

The heated pool area is awash with lizards of all sizes and colours! Relaxing poolside is a thing of the past, as these lovely creatures scuttle about with blatant disregard for poor me trying to catch a few rays..
My head is constantly moving from left to right as if I am watching tennis!
The AC is so archaic that it must have been commissioned during the first world war. The noise can only be described as extremly deafening, even when turned off. Contributing to my lack of undisturbed sleep.

I went to visit another resort and was locked out of my room upon my return, something to do with Resort Fees - the additional payment required of $15 per night for the "amenities"

Having already confirmed at check in that this was already covered, I wasn't best pleased to say the least.

To top it all I awoke this morning with a bite that has blistered and housekeeping are now giving the room a VIP Clean.. I may end up in hospital today.

My eyes were caked closed upon rising today, so my pillows have gone for analysis. The bed linen is NOT ironed either btw.

Breakfast is really really bad. Limited choices and upgrade will ost $7.95 despite being advertised at $4 AND this does not include fruit juice..

I wouldn't recommend this hotel at all.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Delsetat
Mike B, Director of Front Office at Park Inn by Radisson Resort & Conference Center Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Hello. I wanted to first of all, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us, and secondly, I would like to apologize that the stay was not up to your expectations. I hope all is well with you now. Unfortunately, with outdoor pools in Florida, there always seem to be small lizards walking around. As for the resort fee, it is never collected by any booking company and is always collected by the hotel. It is not included in any rates.
Thanks again for taking the time. I will pass along your comments and concerns to our team.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I read the reviews and was a bit concerned but here are my thoughts - we booked through Armed Forces Vacation Club and since we are local we stopped by beforehand to check things out. I was upset to see the $15 daily fee for parking, WIFI, etc. as this was not mentioned when booking. I could not confirm this through the front desk or RCI desk at that time though but AFV did and sent me a confirmation which I presented to the desk upon check in. My understanding is that if you are RCI or AFV you are in the south tower and the fees do not apply (I hate WIFI fees and I know of no resort on Hwy 192 that charges parking.) Our rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious except for the bathrooms which are very small. We had 2 BR/2BA which meant an A&B unit so we had a kitchen in the suite and a mini fridge/micro in the other. There are 3 HD TVs but limited channels. For many people this is not a problem as there is so much to do in Orlando but for us when we are in the room we want our TV programs. The WIFI was NOT the greatest (slow, spotty and would cut off on me sometimes) but since it was free and in the room I will not complain too much. Both pools are conveniently located and although there seemed to be a lot of guests I was

Room Tip: No complaints here. 3 A/C units kept us cool and were quiet. From what I could see I believe mos...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dianec51
Mike B, Guest Relations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Resort & Conference Center Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Hello.
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We really appreciate it. We do listen to all our guests' comments, and act on them accordingly. We hope you consider us when your travels bring you to the area again.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

When you check in you will be sent over to timeshare desk to get your parking pass . I didn't appreciate it
Rooms and halls are tile which does not muffle noise
One small wastebasket in room. Since many families order takeout and eat in rooms, the outside garbage cans are overflowing
We did not get maid service and when we checked out and told receptionist she said "oh well"
We were charged tax and fees by Travel Zoo and Park Inn charged us the same amount again. Neither companies would refund one charge. Very disappointed in both companies. So our deal really wasn't that great of a deal
The hotel is in a good location. The room was large and clean. The bath and shower were ancient. The employees were not consumer oriented
There are much better hotels in Orlando. I suggest you pick one of those. I will not return

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bobo644

Hi
I apologize that your stay was not completely up to your expectations. I will follow up with the staff in regards to your comments, in hopes of improving future guest experiences. We strive to make every guest, every day, have the best possible stay.