“Short but pleasant stay”

Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando
Ranked #42 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Alliston, Canada
“Short but pleasant stay”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Checked in after midnight after a late flight and irritating car rental experience so wasn't in the best of moods. The check in staff member was so friendly and check in so fast, he got a smile out of me. The room was large and comfortable. Outlet by the bed for convenient phone charging. Weird, large bath/shower that is showing some age. We checked out the rest of the hotel and everything looked in good order. We had a condo booked for the rest of the week but if I was in the area again and needed a room for a night, I would consider staying here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Marcel E, Director of Front Office at Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Hi MapleRes -

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, even though it sounds like it was just a quick one night visit. I hope the rest of your stay (at the condo) in the area, was just as good.We look forward to your next stay. Again, we appreciate your positive comments!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Orange Park
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

This place needs to get it together! My phone didn't work in my room they never came to fix it after I called! I was scheduled for a late check out but had housekeepers walking in my room starting at 9:20 am. Even though I was down to check out at 11:00. Then the housekeepers don't gave door stops so I had to sit through doors slamming back and fourth.needless to say my late checkout was useless. Then the hotel manager told me I was being unreasonable when I told him I wanted a refund! This place also had trash overflowing on the grounds and a outside door that is supposed to be secure but it doesn't even lock! And once you check in, in order to get your parking pass you have to go and sit down while they try to sign u up fit a timeshare. I was running late to a wedding and didn't even qualify because my husband was not with me which I told them. And he still tried to ask if maybe my friend would like to come. I had to say AGAIN that I was running late! I have NEVER had to ask for a refund before and I travel A LOT! Trust me if you are going to be coming in late and may need an extra hour or a Hotel that respects your request, do yourself a flavor and pick somewhere else.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Perfectsizediva
Hello Perfectsizediva -

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. I could only imagine how frustrated you were being woken up by housekeeping at 9:20am, after already requesting a late check out. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. However, we dropped the ball in your eyes and we are very sorry for that. I am glad you and I had the opportunity to speak Saturday morning and we accommodated your demand for a complete refund. Again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and feedback.

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

atlanta
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I do not recommend this hotel! The baby pool and pool deck were nasty and there was a strong gas smell out there- I advised a staff member- who was very nice- but it remained our entire visit. The buffet was the worst part- the first night we were NEVER spoken to by any staff- I had to go behind the staff area and make our own drinks- the food is on par with elementary school cafeteria food but with far fewer options and the price is $13 starting at age 6!!! We had vouchers so it cost us $4 which was still overpriced for what they had. Our 3 days there I only had 1 hot shower all the others were barely lukewarm-also it looked as if the shower had recently been painted but the excess paint was never cleaned off it was all over the tile. The one bright spot was the front desk staff-they were very nice. There are many options in the Orlando area- do not choose this one!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank triscitz
Marcel E, Director of Front Office at Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Hello triscitz -

We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. We apologize you were not satisfied with the pool area and did not have hot water for your showers during your stay. Thank you for your feedback regarding our buffet. We regret to hear your dining experience did not meet your expectations. I have passed on your comments and concerns to our Food & Beverage director so he may address this situation with his team. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Marcel, Director of Front Office. Again, thank you for writing a review about your recent stay.

PS: I personally checked on the gas smell and although I did not smell it, more than likely it was from the propane pool heater. I know when the heater is in operation, you can smell the gas (propane). However, we will have our Chief Engineer verify there are no leaks.
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Me and my wife stayed for 4nights and found it to be clean and comfortable,and the staff were very friendly and helpful especially Tia who helped us with our transfer to the port for our cruise. The food and drink were reasonably priced and of a good standard and you also get free Disney shuttle buses. We would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to see Tia.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brian C
Marcel E, Director of Front Office at Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Hello Brian C -

WOW! Thank you for your excellent review and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our friendly service and it sounds like Tia made a very positive impression on you and your wife. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and hope your cruise was amazing as well. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!
Port Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed here for 6 days in June and thoroughly enjoyed our time here. We were not aware of the Resort Fee until check-in but still found the rates cheap anyway - compared to Las Vegas.
Even though this is a very large hotel and is very busy with guests the staff were very friendly and always available.
Our room, that looked out over the back of the property, was large with two incredibly comfortable queen beds and had a good sized bathroom with shower over the bath. It was immaculate re cleanliness.
All Orlando theme parks and outlet shopping centres were only a short drive away - a GPS was still a must for us to find our way around the highways and exits.
Breakfasts in the Savannah Room were a busy affair but lots of hot and cold choices were constantly on offer. We only had dinner there the first night and it was adequate. The wait staff were very friendly and accommodating.
The central courtyard pool was clean with lots of seating and lounge-chairs provided. It was still open at 1 am which we found unusual, but a security guard constantly patrolled to ensure pool rules were adhered to.
We were staying as two adults but this is a great place for a family with children to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank montanadancer
Marcel E, Director of Front Office at Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Hi montanadancer -

G'day mate! We hope your long journey back home was safe and uneventful. As a "Senior Contributor" with 26 hotel reviews in 21 cities, we truly appreciate your positive and informative feedback! We are glad to hear you enjoyed the size and cleanliness of our rooms, as well as our incredibly comfortable beds. You mentioned our main pool still being open at 1:00am. Actually, this pool is open 24 hours, as there is no noise impact on the guest rooms. Hopefully, you had the opportunity to enjoy some of our other great amenities, like the ping pong tables, basketball courts or maybe sipped on an umbrella drink from our pool bar. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to the Orlando/Disney area. Again, thank you for taking the time and sharing your input on your stay!
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Not worth the time or money. Pictures look better than in person. And just overall not worth it. They didn't even clean after the first night. At check in they did not give me wifi password and didn't take away hotel fees right away. Hotel fees are for "free wifi", parking, pool use and such that are normally free at other hotel. They say it's a resort but it's really just a crappy hotel that I will never stay at again.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank kissdiosbutt
Marcel E, Director of Front Office at Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Hi kissdiosbutt -

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. To discuss your concern(s) further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Marcel, Director of Front Office.
Grantham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I am actually still in this hotel for three more days . The restuarant menu is very limited waitresses are all helpful food is poor for the price of it . Bar is a good atmosphere martisha is great , very helpful and is great at her job . Reception staff are unhelpful and rarely smile . Guest services are poor just tried to hire a movie and was put on hold for over twenty mins with no answer . The evening general manager is good . Shuttles are poor .

Room Tip: Use a room on a higher level
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anthony S
Hi Anthony S -

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay. We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our reception staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service, but it sounds like we failed to accomplish that in your eyes. I certainly wish I had the opportunity to speak with you prior to your departure regarding your concerns. However, I am afraid with the delay from Trip Advisor in posting your review , you have already departed. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Marcel. Regardless, we appreciate you feedback and will use it to continue to fine tune our operations.