“Not the best but far from the worst”

Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando
Ranked #42 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Not the best but far from the worst”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed at the Park Inn by Radisson in Kissimmee from Sunday August 3 to Tuesday August 5. This hotel was cleaner than the one we stayed at earlier in the week, the refrigerator worked great, and when we found out the safe didn't work, they moved us to a different room with no trouble. The maintenance man who came to fix the safe was terrific! He even went and got us moved so we could pack the little we'd unpacked. We didn't eat here so I can't comment on the food, but the pool was clean and even when it was a bit crowded, you didn't feel it was TOO tight...
My biggest complaint is about the Universal/Sea World Shuttle. It's free, which is fantastic and greatly appreciated. By the 500 people the driver squashed onto the bus! OK, 500 is an exaggeration, but for sure the 6:45pm shuttle back to the hotel on Monday August 4 was DANGEROUS on the way home. I understand first come, first served, but he packed every person on that bus. It was raining and there was lots of traffic at that time. I was convinced the bus would tip over every time he went around a corner. There were parents scared their kids would be crushed if there was an accident. Whatever number of riders the bus legally allowed to stand, that driver allowed 4 times as many on the bus. I took a picture of just the crowd behind me; I didn't get a shot of the people to my sides or in front of me.
THAT is the biggest issue I have to complain about. They need to either provide more buses, offer more than one pick up and return, or charge for a seat and keep to the legal rider limit.

4 Thank Krystyna S
Marcel E, Director of Front Office at Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Hello Krystyna S -

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed . We are terribly sorry to hear about your safety concern with the bus driver. We will share this information with the company that is contracted to provide the service and stress the safety concerns you mentioned about the over loaded bus. We look forward to your next stay when you visit the Orlando / Disney area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Fresno, California
Reviewed 18 August 2014

the food is not that great and is over priced, you can't even get a free cup of coffee down stairs, the staff at the food court are rude. The front desk is not that friendly.Stay at the Ramada instead across the street, good breakfast

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Marcel E, Director of Front Office at Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hi guadalpes -

We appreciate your feedback regarding our restaurant. We regret to hear your dining experience did not meet your expectations. We have passed on your comments and concerns to our Food and Beverage Director so he may address this situation with his team and ensure that we deliver outstanding service and presentation.
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Before I get it they told me this is an upgraded hotel. The food was the worst garbage I have ever seen. I wouldn't feed my dog with that kind of _ _ _ _! So I had no choice but eat somewhere else. The people at the entry told me how much I can eat or drink. The room was ugly. Tiles on the floor instead of carpet. Leaking water in the toilet. Noisy mattress. The towels smell like chlorine. When I opened the toilet top cover I found that the truth about that hotel. Come and see! Also, do not buy a Disney tickets over there! You will pay $110 per person instead of $94. Computer with internet wasn't working. No internet!!!
NEVER AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: Not in this hotel unless you eat somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Marek47
Marcel E, Director of Front Office at Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Hello Marek47 -

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and am I glad you and I had an opportunity to speak prior to your departure. As we discussed, when you return to the area, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so I can personally look after your reservations and ensure your satisfaction. Again, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you next time!

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Brentwood, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I had to consistantly go to the front desk for towel and wash cloth. the rooms are horrible. The waiters had bad attitudes. The front desk personel were very friendly. The enivornment felt like I was in a homeless shelter.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

6 Thank Constance Y
Marcel E, Director of Front Office at Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Hello Constance Y -

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the hotel during your recent visit. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. We appreciate your feedback and will share your comments with the appropriate department managers in order to improve in the areas we were lacking. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback.
Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We were very sceptical about staying in this hotel due to previous reviews, I must say our stay was very good, we checked in straight away and were given rooms next to one another (we had phoned earlier in the week to request rooms close together as we had made separate bookings). our rooms were spotless, cleaned everyday, we were given fresh towels every day, you just leave your dirty towels on the floor and they are replaced at the time of cleaning, everyone was friendly in the hotel, my only complaint was the noise from the fridge and aircon but I did not complain as these are not noise's I would usually hear while trying to sleep and I got used to them. I continually used the laundry room, that was at the end of our corridor, I washed and dried our clothes before our return trip home, I think this should be advertised better as I would not have taken so many clothes if I knew there was a laundry room available to use. The lady bar-tender was excellent, nothing was too much trouble for her, she was friendly and refreshed our drinks instantly. Check out was swift and easy. I would recommend this hotel, if you are from the UK, I would say it was close to a Travelodge, but more upmarket. We received appalling directions from Cosmos, but the hotel was easy to find once we were on the correct road but nothing to do with the hotel (would recommend the Hotel speak to Cosmos regarding directions) I would stay at this hotel again if I return to Florida, its close to Disney and restaurants etc.

Room Tip: we stayed on level 2, which was the first floor, we had a view of a wall but it was a quite room.
4 Thank Sonya S
Marcel E, Director of Front Office at Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Hi Sonya S -

We hope you had a safe trip back across the pond. Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay for two (2) weeks. Thank you for giving us a chance to meet and exceed your expectations after reading the negative reviews. We know with everything we offer and the rates we charge, we are the best value in the area! We look forward to your next stay
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Hotel accomodations are standard for Orlando accomodations and has a good price range. Hotel needs some TLC in the areas of general maintenence to rooms, showers, refrigerator, however staff is attentive to needs.

1 Thank SoniaCastroRCCL
Hello SoniaCastroRCCL -

Thank you for the positive review! We are glad to hear our "Hotel has all you need..." We certainly agree, with our two (2) swimming pools (1 open 24 hours), Restaurant, pool bar, gift shop, food court, basketball courts, tennis courts and much more...we DO have all you need! We appreciate you feedback and are currently working on the TLC part of it. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.
Groveland, United States
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Check in was quick and easy, and we were upgraded by our Club Carlson status. Staff were all helpful and friendly. Our room was super clean with luxurious beds, with a fantastic view of Disney fireworks.

2 Thank Richard P
Marcel E, Director of Front Office at Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Hello Richard P -

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your upgrade to a Disney Magical View room, so you could enjoy the fireworks right from your room. We truly appreciate the positive review, especially coming from a Club Carlson top tier member. As a frequent traveler and loyal Carlson Hotels guest, your comments and feedback are extremely important to us. We are glad we were able to meet and exceed your expectations! We look forward to your next stay.