Howard Johnson Inn Tropical Palms Kissimmee
Ranked #111 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Miami, Florida
“Price”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This hotel is to blame for my sudden obsession with wanting to stay at higher priced resorts when going on vacation. HJ Tropical Palms served its purpose of providing us with a bed and a roof and a shower while in Orlando for a very small price. However I will never do this again. The water smelled of sewage and the bathroom smelled like pee. The linen on our bed had not be watched and there were makings on it as if someone had been sleeping on it. Needless to say we went out and bought a new sheet and cover and of course towels. I disinfected all points of contact JUST IN CASE and I kept the room at tidy and as clutter free as possible. I did not want to run into a roach. We put up the do not disturb sign all four days we were there because honestly I rather clean things myself. But if on a pinch and looking for an affordable hotel this is not the worst I've seen.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Korean first
Kissimmee
Reviewed 1 February 2014

everything was great for two things it would have been excellent. the mattress in the room was very bad it was beyond its time to be replaced. Second thing was the grounds in the back were we stayed it needed a facelift. maybe hid the dumpsters behind some walls also put some walls along back fence. overall great place just needs a little updating.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Ellenton
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Reservation rate was reasonable until I checked in and they added a mandatory $4.87 per day for services the brochure says are free that I didn't need or want. They don't tell you this on the website. This is very deceiving. I would have checked out the next day but I had non cancelable reservations for 6 days. Now I know why they do this too. The website says newly renovated, but this might have been a nice place 40 years ago, but it needs to be bulldozed and a new facility put up in its place today. The TV didn't work, they had to bring another one. The light fixture in the bathroom was hanging down 2 inches on one side from the ceiling. The furniture was all beat up. The walls were all marked up. The little fridge sounded like it was going to explode. I'll be back to Kissimmee next year, but I'll stay somewhere nicer where I know what the final cost will be.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Travellers also viewed these Kissimmee hotels
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Suites Lake Front Park Kissimme
#35 of 152 in Kissimmee
Seasons Florida Resort
Seasons Florida Resort
#15 of 152 in Kissimmee

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Tropical Palms Kissimmee? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn Tropical Palms Kissimmee

Property: Howard Johnson Inn Tropical Palms Kissimmee
Address: 4311 W Vine St, US Hwy 192 & Bass Rd., Kissimmee, FL 34746-6315
Region: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Kissimmee
Business Centre with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #111 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn Tropical Palms Kissimmee 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Tropical Palms Kissimmee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Inn Tropical Palms Kissimmee Hotel Kissimmee