“Very good place to stay!!”

Fantasy World Club Villas
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Was kinda nervous when booking my stay. Had never been to the area and with so many choices I want to make sure I picked a good hotel. And it was a good choice. Arrived a hour before check in and my room was already to go so the super friendly staff let us check in early. Pool was nice great hot tubs...but pool was closed on the saturday we where there (for something beyond there control). Room was nice clean and updated. It was very quiet around the place it was booked that weekend but never saw to many people. Also has a good location. Everyone that went with us ( 4 adults) said they would all.stay there again

2  Thank lmschmitt78
Write a ReviewReviews (1,028)

Reviewed 14 June 2012

My husband, myself and our daughter with her family (all together 6 people) stayed at the villa. The grounds were nothing to complain about. It was clean and very well maintained. We were very happy with the acomodations until we realized that the dishwasher and the dryer were not working well. When we went to bed, we realized, immediately, that the mattresses needed to be replaced. My mattress, especially, actually had a sunken area in the middle, which made it very difficult to get off of it. Yes, we complained and someone came to see what the various problems were. He checked the dishwasher and said that one of the pipes was crooked and supposedly fixed it. When he checked the dryer, (we had to use 5 cycles before it dried our clothes) he also said that the piping was off and again, he supposedly fixed it. When he went to check the mattresses (especially mine), he agreed that it did need to be replaced. He said that he would report it. This was on the second day of our stay. Well, it seemed that he didn't repair any of the problems, because we still had the same problems) nor did he report the mattress to be replaced.
But what made us really upset was when we went to the front desk to ask for more toilet paper and they charged us 50 cents per roll. We thought that that was so "petty" and not good guest relations.
When reading the reviews on this hotel, many people complained about getting the old villas with the same problems. I guess we got one of the old ones too. Our stay would have been perfect, otherwise. It was like being home. The staff were great, especially Jose. Would we stay there again, probably "yes". The pool area is great!

Room Tip: Try to get a villa near the pool area and ask for a more modern villa.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Mariuccia1948
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We had recent stays from 5/19-5/21 and then returned on 5/25 for the last night of our trip. Our stays were awesome! We were in one of the rooms that haven't been updated yet the 1st 2 nights but the room was more than adequate. I was completely happy with the room. The only complaint I would have is the rugs are a little dirty but everything else was great. I was very impressed with the front desk staff, they went above and beyond to help you with your requests. Our last stay we were in an updated condo and it was beautiful. Now to the pool area, it is fantastic! Although the zero entry pool is fairly small the lazy river is fantastic for a resort. It is actually a much better lazy river than the one at our waterpark in Wa. state and the slides were very good (as much as I hate too admit it, the yellow one might have been too fast for me at 49 years old but I'm sure the kids have to love it). We stayed at the Beach Club at Disney for 4 nights between our stays and spent lots of time at stormalong bay and we were not let down by the pool area here. My daughter and I loved the lazy river! My favorite part of the stay was the pool Bar, the bartenders were excellent! I had 4 different bartenders and all were great. The happy hour from 4-7 with $2 domestic drafts (and only $3.25 normal price) was incredible when you are used to paying $6 a Beer at Disney and the bartenders catered to the kids with smoothies and also catered to what the adults wanted to watch on the Bar TV, we watched the NBA playoffs, NHL playoffs and even Americas got Talent! I met great people at the bar and the restrooms by the bar were very nice and very clean. Not only would I stay here again, I will be booking as soon as I can for next year when we return from our Disney cruise. We did go to Fantasy surf with my 10 year old and she loved it but she got hurt fairly fast (banged her ankle), it is an awesome attraction but is a little intense when you crash.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the pool!
9  Thank John P
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Everything was near the resort. Apt. 1105 had the pool 10 steps away and a tennis court. Layout was great n service.

1  Thank mbpink
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Our stay here was wonderful. The staff were all very nice. The townhouse was excellent, all the comforts of home. We were close to the pools and water slides and they were great. I am very picky where I stay. This place rocked. I will definetly come back to this establishment and stay again. The price was better than a hotel plus the family wasn't crammed in 1 room. Plenty of space to move around, tv in every room, A++ facility. When I checked the gentleman at the desk told me if you have any issues please call the front desk and it will be taken care of immediately. I even got a call from the desk the next morning and they asked if everything was to our satisifaction and she also told me about the activities planned that day. You don't get that at a hotel. This is one place that I will definately stay again.

9  Thank tompMn
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We stayed here for the second time from May 24th-May 31st We we're given the same town house as last time as requested! All of the staff at the resort we're polite and willing to help also after a very minor issue the problem was corrected within 10 mins!! (hair dryer not working) The pool is great and our favourite the hot tub is amazing after a hard day at the parks.There is a resort fee of $12.50 per day but let's be honest most places around this area have resort fee's so we knew upfront about this and it didn't upset us one bit!! We are already planning our November trip and this is we're we will be staying, it has so many benefits to this resort one is location to Disney parks and the supermarkets Walmart, Publix,,and so many eating places ie Cici's,Olive garden ,Smokey bones,to name but a few! This resort is a much better option than any hotel especially if you have 4 people or more in your party and can't recommend this resort highly enough!!

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished unit close to the main pool or reception!
2  Thank barkelbear
Reviewed 29 May 2012 via mobile

I was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews but decided to stay here May 6th thru 13th. If you have children, this is the place to stay. We rented 2 villas for our group of 7 adults & 3 children. Lots of space, just like living at home. These villas have full kitchens & walmart is minutes away. The amenties are unbelievable. Outdoor fireplace, poolside bar, playground, waterslides, lazy rivet, hot tub & pool, kids activities (snow cones, tie dye tshirts,). The kids would beg us to leave Disney so they could go back & swim. We never dealt with bugs inside, the villa was very clean & the staff was very friendly. I guess some people will never be happy. We loved this place!!!!!! The pictures do not do it justice. It is unbelievable

8  Thank JacksMom2005