“run down rooms that need cleaning”

Fantasy World Club Villas
Ranked #42 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 30 October 2013

There were good things about this property. The front desk staff were great! Friendly and fast to assist. Bartender Dustin was the BEST! So friendly and an asset to the property!!! He deserves a raise! Pool area was clean BUT rules were NOT followed nor enforced! We used the Lazy River that is to have only people using the tubes. Then why were several children allowed in the canal at all times swimming and kicking water directly in faces and knocking us over??? Is it my place to state the posted rules when lifeguards are present? They saw the kids in the canal but never said anything. Our unit was not clean. When we went in the unit, I had a wet paper towel and wiped the tile floor. It was black with dirt with one swipe. Furniture and mattresses have had it!! They need a serious update! so uncomfortable! Try to use the sliding glass door to go out on the patio….it will not open unless you hold it up and slide it. Location is excellent but i sure hope they update and pay attention to their rules concerning the pool!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank NorthBell
fantasyfla, Manager at Fantasy World Club Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you for choosing FantasyWorld to host your stay and share your comments. Your review has been shared will all department heads for review. We hope you did share your concerns with the staff while here at the resort. We are currently renovating units and in the process of putting new windows and sliders in all the units.

There are newer reviews for Fantasy World Club Villas

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I was on the fence for 2 weeks about booking this place because of the mixed reviews. Our experience could not have been better. The unit was clean. (Im an avid bug checker....this place was clean). Front desk guy was to the point (I viewed this as a bonus) and we had our room at 3 even tho we were an hour early. He was courteous and prompt...what more could you ask for? There is also a wonderful black woman at the front desk (she said her name is beautiful lol) who is full of life and energy and was extremely helpful on more than one occasion. The unit was nice the tv in the kids room is smaller but seriously who cares? The king bed in the master was HUGE! The bathrooms were clean the downstairs one was smaller with only a shower. The kitchen was nice with basic utensils. We were able to cook numerous meals with what was on hand. The Pool areas were perfect! Lazy river was nice (the floats sometimes back up near the waterfall) so just walk thru the river to get a float. Arcade was reasonably priced and the cabanas at the big pool were $20 for 4 hours or $40 for the whole day. We didnt really need one often due to having a condo but it came in very handy with football season as there is a nice large tv in them.....and my nephew was able to take a nap. The drink prices at pool are good as is the bartender and the food is low "fast food" quality but it is ok for price. They do activities and $2 sno cones at the large pool, that was great. Bummed kids didnt get to try the surfing but maybe next time. We also spent a day at the other pool. It was warmer, less kids and the hot tub was clean. They also played music at the regular pool so that was a bonus as well as the fenced in kiddie pool.

Room Tip: It appears they are in the process of upgrading all units that haven't already been done.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank AHuber
fantasyfla, Manager at Fantasy World Club Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for choosing FantasyWorld to host your stay. We are so glad you had a great time and were able to use all the amenities, even the cabanas. You are correct, we currently have quite a few units being renovated and will be back on online soon. We hope you will be able to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We have been going here for maybe 9 years now.
You would think they would value their long term guests..Not!!WE had to wait over 3 hours for check in.While everyone else who checked in, came out with keys.;so.I asked for another room,.They said they were full,but yet they accommodated everyone else.We had a diabetic&disabled persons in our party.Then we were so far from the pool that we had to drive there.Needless to say,we hardly used it.WE were very disappointed with this visit.

Room Tip: It is a nice Condo with plenty of room;It has an eat in kitchen,laundry facilities,The grounds&p...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank momsyankees02
fantasyfla, Manager at Fantasy World Club Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you for choosing FantasyWorld Resort to again host your stay. We appreciate your comments concerning the check in process, they have been shared the management staff. Check in does begin at 4 pm, if arriving earlier we do try to accommodate when possible.

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We'll let me start off saying this is not a bad place to stay just hit or miss in quality from what I have read on the updated rooms, so don't have any kind of expectations except a place to rest/sleep. I can't speak on the pool area. With that being said check in was slow but the 2 guys at the check in desk didn't seem like they wanted to be there, not rude but very short and to the point. But the lady that checked us out was awesome.
We did get a non updated room, which I must say even after asking for an updated one and getting shut down before I could even finish asking because I guess he new what I was asking for. He said they were booked up And don't have any free. Well that was a crock all the parking lots looked empty even at 3am which is When we got in most nights. I know not every one rents a car but the place just looked dead.

The room was not bad just looked like a 2 story motel room from the 80's. The bed was small for a queen. The TV's were a joke a 10" in the second bedroom, a 19" in the main bedroom and looked to be a 25" downstairs. Bathroom was tiny to say the least I'm 6'5" and had a hard time taking a shower in that tiny tub mix and forget about the midget shower downstairs. The thing that bothered me the most was lack of HOT WATER! Only one night we had hot enough water that we had to change it from the all hot side, other nights we had it on all hot and had to make a quick shower. The washer/dryer combo looked to be new but was the loudest washer I have ever heard. I think because it was just set in a drain pan off kilter so it didn't allow proper balance, but u couldn't move it because it was just crammed into a closet. There is a huge fire hazard behind the bed, it is a plug with both lamps plugged into it and the bed is shoved up against it. One little spark and up in flames u go as u sleep. The only great thing about the room was that the ac worked like a champ.
I would not choose to stay here again unless I got another deal on it and my default hotel was booked up. After the fees the savings on this hotel vs the one web have stayed at in the past was only $200 dollars, I will not go for the savings again over quality.

AND JUST A REMINDER U HAVE TO PAY THE RESORT FEES EVEN IF U DONT USE ANYTHING INCLUDED ON THE FEE LIST EXCEPT PARKING. That's [--] $100 for parking, so unless u plan on using the pool/activities or get a awesome deal stay somewhere else. When I was asking about them during check in he looked confused and asked why did we choose to book this resort if we didn't plan on using anything with the resort.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
fantasyfla, Manager at Fantasy World Club Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for choosing FantasyWorld to host your stay and taking the time to write a review giving us your valued feedback. We appreciate your comments that allow us to learn and improve. Your comments have been passed onto our management team who will review them with our staff. We hope you will try us again.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I have to preface this by saying that the resort is in the process of a makeover. Our unit was either done or almost done the makeover. The units next to use were under construction. So there was a lot of morning construction noise and there were bug issues, which I hope were related to the construction. We had a major sugar ant infestation which they immediately came over and sprayed for (we had to leave the unit for the day) and then had roaches (Palmetto bugs).
The unit was small but decent. The master bed was horrible though, two twins together for a king but felt like there was a board in the middle. We did not really get sleep! They REALLY need to replace it! There is one bath and two bedrooms upstairs. the bath is okay, they updated the tiles but not the insert. The shower head was not replaced and was very low (I'm 5'6" and it was too low for me). The laundry is upstairs and that was nice, the machines are very small though.
The resort grounds are nice and there is a lot to do. There are a few pools (most people use the main pool). There is mini-golf, tennis, water slides, lazy river, bar, cornhole, pool table, ping pong, etc. The lazy river is smaller than I thought but was nice when there weren't a bunch of kids. They could use a few more tubes. What was annoying is that you have to have your key card to get through every gate and there are a ton of them. To get to the bathroom back to the pool you need one. That was a bit much. The activity center with the computers, etc also closes early. My only complaint was that they allow smoking which I do not want near me or my children. But other than that it was nice in the common areas.
The staff really makes the place night. They responded very quickly to the bug issue. They comp'ed a night for us for the issues. They were also very helpful when we needed to print our boarding passes but the computer lab was closed. Overall it is a nice place to stay if you have children and it is convenient to everything.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
fantasyfla, Manager at Fantasy World Club Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you for choosing FantasyWorld to host your stay. We are sorry to hear you had some issues but glad to hear the front desk responded to your needs. Be sure to mention mattresses while, here as they are changed out as needed. This is the time of year we upgrade areas. Some units are being renovated while we are in the process of putting new windows and sliding glass doors in all the units. We hope you will try us again.

Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed at fantasyworld for 10 nights with my family. I loved the fact that I had my own kitchen to cook in and also the laundry was a huge win! Walmart is in walking distance so we got groceries and saved alot of money from this :) The courtesy shuttle to main attractions was very convenient! The staff were very friendly and helpful. My only thing that I would change is the fact that there were no spare blankets and no instructions on how to use the airconditioning so it was a choice of freezing or sweaty. I'm sure if I had actually asked the staff they would have assisted me with this. We felt very comfortable and at home staying here :)

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Funmummy4
fantasyfla, Manager at Fantasy World Club Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thank you for choosing FantasyWorld to host your stay. It great you were able to use all the amenities down to the washer/dryer. In the future, please be sure to contact the front desk if things are working and they will be happy to get you the proper assistance.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed here as a family of 5 at the end of September. It was a great place for a family holiday. The kids loved the slides and the pools. We asked ahead of time for an updated villa near the pool and this was given to us. We checked in quite late at 10.30pm and the staff were really helpful. There is a washing machine in the townhouse which was a great bonus. The only area I feel could have been improved on was that the shuttles to the theme parks were fairly infrequent - so if you want to travel outside the allotted times it was a $20 taxi ride. All in all a great family holiday - and I would definitely recommend to others. Thank you.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for an updated townhouse near the pool.
Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda S

Thank you for choosing FantasyWorld to host your stay, all the way from Australia. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to use the amenities.