“Don't stay here!”

Ranked #41 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Chillicothe, Ohio
“Don't stay here!”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Dirty, roaches, slide area steps dirty & smell of urine. Pool and outside bar area nice. Problems with check in & I had to pay to stay at another hotel first night. Do not waste your vacation time or money staying here.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank EG54
fantasyfla, Manager at Fantasy World Club Villas, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for choosing FantasyWorld to host your stay. We are sorry to hear about your issues at registration. We appreciate your comments concerning the resort and they have been shared will the managers. We hope you were able to alert the staff at the time of your stay so these issues were corrected.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
South Wales, New York
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We found this resort to be very comfortable, however we had 2 refurbished units. The units are somewhat compact but ample space. The pool area is close to a water park level with slides and lazy river features that is great for kids. The resort is about 15 minutes from Disney and about 30 min. from the Orlando airport.

The grounds are neat and clean, but no elaborate plantings, or shrubs.The staff is very helpful and friendly, we would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished unit on the side of the road with the pool area.
1 Thank Daniel P
fantasyfla, Manager at Fantasy World Club Villas, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for choosing FantasyWorld to host your stay. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to use the resort amenities. We hope you will visit us again when in the area.
Florida
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My family has stayed at many Orlando resorts recently due to my daughter being a UCF student and at first, I was very disappointed with condo we rented, but I changed my mind pretty quickly.This is not a negative review but more of a true description.
The condos are very limited with space, there are only 2/2's available on the property and there is not a Master suite. Both bedrooms upstairs share the 1 bath with another bathroom situated downstairs. I think the sq footage total would be around 900. There is a porch off the back of the condo but it faces all of the other condos and there is no privacy. Now that being said, our condo had been recently renovated as I believe the entire resort is currently undergoing as well and everything was nicely decorated and put together. Granite kitchen counter-tops, new tile floors, new carpets....
The pool and bar area was fantastic. All of the amenities are newly built and very nicely done. The water park has a temp controlled resort sized zero entry pool with 5 story slides and a lazy river that is very relaxing. There is a bar area just next to the pool that has full liquor service and numerous seating areas for the adults to sit and chat with others. The hot tubs are situated next to a large outdoor fire pit which looks wonderful at night.
The staff were all very nice and helpful and we had no problems or complaints. The location is perfect for Disney or Universal. It is a very short walk to many restaurants and shopping. It is not a luxury resort but it is clean and very family friendly and well maintained.

Room Tip: I would not recommend the units that back up to the waterslides, because the spotlights are on all n...
2 Thank Thoc123Florida
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 November 2013

As many people i have heard some pretty scary reviews of this place. And according to my fiancé i have very high expectations. That said I showed up on check-in day very apprehensive. First impression upon walking in the main building was….nice. decorated nicely and the staff was very pleasant and accommodating. We came with our 3 children ages 10, 11 and 12 and were very early and although they tried to accommodate us the room wasn't ready until exactly 4pm. Its all good….it gave me time to anticipate some more while peaking around the outside. our room was around the corner from the main building and our back porch was directly across from the pool area. The interior was as others say, dated….but it was clean. It wasn't that bad, or as bad as it could have been. kitchen was updated and carpet was clean. these units are also undergoing much needed updates to sliding doors and windows, we were in one that hadn't been done yet. basic kitchen needs and utensils. We needed a nonstick pan and one appeared in minutes. The next morning our coffee maker leaked and poof another one appeared at the door in a smiling maintenece workers hand. I must mention our first unit had roaches. they were only spotted in the kitchen but still we didn't want them coming home with us so i asked to be relocated. We were given a choice between 3 other units which i though was very kind of the staff to do. we moved to the next building over into an identical (minus the roaches) unit. This unit had weaker water pressure but as long as we got clean it wasn't THAT big of a deal. Yes the dryer also was weak but i was thankful i had laundry in my room and i just made sure i ran it twice. There was complimentary starter dishliquid/washing soap etc.. as well. Beds in the first unit were a bit lumpy but the second unit had great beds even the pull out sofa was surprisingly good. The exterior screened in porch was in desperate need of a floor redo but the outdoor furniture was clean and welcoming.
The updated grounds and water park were phenomenal! The water in the pool area was deliciously warm and the slides were great (only minus is they are only open 12-5) They had great happy hour drink prices and a beautiful outdoor fireplace that was turned on within minutes of our requests. The kids were so happy playing for hours at the pool and i liked that it was open late so when we got back from a long day our kids never ending energy could be used up in the pool and me and my fiancé could have a drink and sit in the hot tub. They also have activities every day and a good activity building with free computer access with printer which came in handy.
Fantasy really goes the extra mile to attend to your needs/requests and questions which in my personal opinion made up for all the little things i had to complain about. As others before me have said keep your expectations mildly in check and you will be plenty comfortable. We got an amazing deal here which saved us about $500 over my first choice, that combined with the customer service will buy this place a second visit from me.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room near the pool if you have children.
3 Thank lil_italy4
fantasyfla, Manager at Fantasy World Club Villas, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you for choosing FantasyWorld Resort to host your stay. We are so glad you were able to experience many of our amenities and activities and hope you will remember us on your next visit to the area.
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

We are currently staying at the resort and it's perfect for our family! I was a bit nervous after reading the reviews but we couldn't be happier. We did receive an updated room and it's fairly close to the pool.
The amenities at the pool are great! The kids love the pool, lazy river, slide and hot tub. The bar is great and there are lots of activities for the entire family. They have sno cones and ice cream at the pool which were a huge hit for the kids. The kids did a 30 min surf rider lesson today and they haven't stopped talking about it.
The townhouse is not very big but was perfect for a family of 4. It's much bigger than a hotel room and half the price! The beds and mattresses were fine and the room was very clean. I realized we didn't have a spatula after I started breakfast so I called front desk to see if I could run and grab one and housekeeping ran one right over to me. They stock the rooms with trash bags, laundry detergent, dish soap, toilet paper and other necessities you usually have to buy when staying in a condo/townhouse. They even brought us over fresh towels and sheets after 3 days even though there is a washer and dryer in the room.
The location of the resort is great too. Very close to attractions, restaurants and stores and the front desk has been so friendly and helpful. This resort is being updated and you see construction all around you but it was never loud nor did it disturb me. I'm glad to see them working so hard to improve it.
So unless you're super picky and find fault with everything, you will enjoy this place! I know we will be back again!

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Camelotcir
fantasyfla, Manager at Fantasy World Club Villas, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for choosing FantsayWorld to host your stay. We are so glad you were able to use all the resort amenities and even the surf. We are in the middle of renovations, each year we do a select number of units as it is an ongoing project. We hope you will be back to visit us again.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Warm and friendly welcome from staff despite the late hour we arrived. As expected, the houses were fairly tired however were a good size and were well equipped. The beds were perhaps a bit soft but we still got a good night sleep despite previous comments. My daughter and I were unwell for a few days so it was good to have a reasonable sized living space. We had a couple of maintenance problems however these were fixed within half an hour of phoning.
Disappointed that the bar didn't do food in the evening as between us we were too unwell to eat out for a few days and apparently the food was excellent. Bar staff were also very friendly and it had a good atmoshphere.
Our 7 year old loved the waterpark and I personally am not a fan of lazy rivers but this one was excellent, large comfortable rings, waterjets and a waterfall to keep you entertained on the way round. The pool area was spotless and the entertainment was good.
We were there for 1 week however would happily have spent our 2 week vacation at this resort.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank aud12321
fantasyfla, Manager at Fantasy World Club Villas, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for choosing FantasyWorld to host your stay. We are sorry to hear you were not feeling well during part of your stay but glad to hear you enjoyed the pool area. We hope you will think of us again when visiting the area.
Trumbull
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I stayed here last week with a group of friends and we really couldn't have gotten a better place for our budget! Check in was a little slow, they only had one person working at the desk and after a night of traveling we just wanted to see our room but it wasn't anything intolerable. The villa we stayed in was everything we thought it could be and more. It is just how it is pictured on the website. The kitchen had all the necessary appliances and utensils needed to make meals. The beds were comfy, even the pull out couch (which I ended up spending 3 nights on) was totally comfortable. We forgot about the screened in patio when we got there so that was a nice surprise, we spent a lot of our time out there. The only con about the villas is the height of the showers both upstairs and downstairs. If you're over 5'8" it is a little uncomfortable. Aside from the main pool area, we had a smaller, deeper, quieter pool directly behind our room. The entire time we were there I didn't see anyone there besides us so that was pretty awesome. The main pool area was great too, we had a blast on the waterslides and in the lazy river. It is a great resort for families with kids because they also have an activities room with different games and events for the kids although I didn't really look into that. And for the adults there is an outdoor bar next to the pool. Great happy hour 3$ drinks everyday from 4-7. Bartenders Ashley & Zella were super nice and had a lot of recommendations on things to do around the area.

There is a ton of places within walking distance such as Publix, Disney gift shops, restaurants such as TGI Fridays and Olive Garden. There is a Walmart which we were told was walking distance but I wouldn't recommend it on a hot day.

They have shuttles to and from Disney, Universal, and Sea World. It was only like a 10/15 minute drive, not bad at all.

Honestly, I had the best time of my life on this trip and a lot of it had to do with this awesome resort! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Call or email and request an updated villa by the pool. I stayed in 1019.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jessica R
Thank you for choosing FantasyWorld to host your stay We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of many of the amenities right down to Happy Hour. The recreation staff does a great job each day with a different list of activities.