I have stayed at this Resort on two separate occasions. The first time in May 2009 and most recently one night in September 2011.
We have stayed in both the regular and updated/renovated villa's and if you have the choice try for the upgraded. The regular villa was out of date and the carpet smelled pretty bad. The sofa's were dirty, the shower curtain rod was rusted and the bathtub scratched. The newer villa was immaculate and modern.
The grounds are beautiful and the pool area is very nice. There is a small "waterfall" area which is great for small children.
The service on both occasions was okay but on our first visit our washing machine jammed and we requested a handy man come in to fix it. Our clothes were stuck in the washer for 3 days before someone showed up.
Also we were were charged a small fee for any telephone call we made even if it was local.
Our first visit in the modern villa was a good one and lead to us returning on our next trip. On the other hand our second experience made us not want to go back.
So I guess I would consider it a bit of a gamble.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a secluded hammock of majestic oak trees, Oak Plantation is quiet and comfortable, yet close to everything-a distinct advantage among resorts in the Orlando/Kissimmee area. Walt Disney World® Resort, Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure® Orlando and SeaWorld® are just minutes away. There's so much to see and do in beautiful Central Florida, no matter how many vacations you've spent here you can keep coming back - and never be disappointed. At our Orlando Kissimmee resort, you're right in the middle of all the excitement.Oak Plantation Resort offers children's activities, a playground, a video-game room, a fitness center, and picnic areas furnished with barbecue grills and tables.A Wednesday night "dive-in" movie by the pool with complimentary popcorn is available to all guests. The hotel also provides daily pool activities.The resort provides complimentary scheduled transportation to and from the Walt Disney World® Resort, Universal Studios®, and SeaWorld® theme parks. Power up with a full breakfast buffet everyday from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. for only $7.95 (Adults) and $5.50 (Children ages 4-9). Free Wireless Internet access is available throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oak Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oak Plantation Hotel Kissimmee
- Oak Plantation Kissimmee Florida
- Oak Plantation Villas Resort
- Oak Plantation Resort Kissimmee, Florida