My family and I stayed here this past weekend as part of a time share vacation package. We booked late and it was one of just 2 resorts available, but the booking agent said great things about it and the pics were nice. Most importantly, it had a 1 bedroom, kitchen and washer/dryer in the unit, which was what I was looking for with two kids in tow. The pros: the people who worked there were very kind and friendly, maintenance even showed up at 11 at night to fix the dishwasher. The pool area was also pretty and the water was very warm. Phil, the bartender, was great and the area was quiet with lots of peacocks. The cons: the unit was clean but clearly worn out. The washer and dryer were combined into one single machine (you switched between uses with buttons) the washer worked, but the dryer was only able to get things to a slightly damp state after hours of drying. The dishwasher was impossible to close as the lever that moves to the right to close the door and lock it was too rusted. The maintenance guy came and got it to run. The next day I had to do it myself and was only able to with the help of a dishcloth and leaning my entire weight in to it. The bed was very hard, but that was ok, the worst thing was the pillows. There were three sorry excuses for pillows. They were literally like a pillowcase half filled with cotton balls. We went out the next day and bought pillows to use for the remainder of our stay. Ultimately, the place was run down and in need of some serious repair. I had heard that there are renovated units, which I asked for, but clearly did not get. Even if we had though, the surrounding area is still kind of a downer. Despite the kind people, I would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a secluded hammock of majestic oak trees, Oak Plantation is quiet and comfortable, yet close to everything-a distinct advantage among resorts in the Orlando/Kissimmee area. Walt Disney World® Resort, Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure® Orlando and SeaWorld® are just minutes away. There's so much to see and do in beautiful Central Florida, no matter how many vacations you've spent here you can keep coming back - and never be disappointed. At our Orlando Kissimmee resort, you're right in the middle of all the excitement.Oak Plantation Resort offers children's activities, a playground, a video-game room, a fitness center, and picnic areas furnished with barbecue grills and tables.A Wednesday night "dive-in" movie by the pool with complimentary popcorn is available to all guests. The hotel also provides daily pool activities.The resort provides complimentary scheduled transportation to and from the Walt Disney World® Resort, Universal Studios®, and SeaWorld® theme parks. Power up with a full breakfast buffet everyday from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. for only $7.95 (Adults) and $5.50 (Children ages 4-9). Free Wireless Internet access is available throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Hotel.de, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Oak Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oak Plantation Hotel Kissimmee
- Oak Plantation Kissimmee Florida
- Oak Plantation Villas Resort
- Oak Plantation Resort Kissimmee, Florida