“Better then expected”

Ranked #95 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Sourthern New England
“Better then expected”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Not much I can say seeing other reviews. My brother and I decided to leave our wives behind and spend two weeks in Florida. We spent the first week at the Oak Plantation Resort. We arrived at 3 in afternoon and front desk said they would have head housekeeper check if room was ready. We waited maybe 15 minutes and off to the room.

The room was a one bedroom, seems all the one bedrooms are on the top floor meaning you have to walk up a flight of stairs. Other then that everything was new from Kitchen to Bedroom. I I am an owner and it was nice to see the grounds were well maintained as well as the room. We did request a few things as the week wore on and the staff quickly brought up what we needed.
The pool areas was nice and we enjoyed the hot tub.

Room Tip: Yes the location is close to a main road full of stores, but you would not really know it from the p...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jbackus8746

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
The Netherlands
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Just returned from my 4th stay at Oak Plantation in 4 years.Need I say more.

Every year you can see that they are updating everything.
Now I had the largest 1 br app. they have.
Everything was there and most of it rather new.
Washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, combimagn., range and oven.
2 new LCD screens with digital TV.
In room wifi, through this officially was not working yet.

In some ways they have to upgrade their quality control. E.G. the phone in my app. seems to be changed for some reason (may be the original was broken down) but the old room/ext. # was still printed on the phone, this cab be very confusing especially in emergencies. One TV remote was of the false type so did not work with the TV and had to be changed.

Next yaer a 5th stay?? You never know.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Knaapje
Sydney, Canada
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My husband and I spent a week at this resort and it was so much fun. We had a lovely two bedroom condo that included everything we needed, even a washer and dryer. The resort was clean and comfortable. We met several other couples at the pool bar and had a blast the whole week.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Fitzfan
OPRGuestExperiences, Sales Manager at Oak Plantation Resort, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Alby G,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your visit and for giving us a chance to see what we are all about, which is you the customer. It is great to see that our team's hard work is paying off. At Oak Plantation it is our pleasure to exceed our guests expectations.

Thank you again for staying with us!

We look forward to your next visit.

Irvington, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I strongly advise no one to stay at this resort. We have been resort wonders for 8 years. This was our first time staying here. Since we been paying every year, we decided to see what our money was getting us. When my husband and I checked in with our two babies we were asked to wait in our car for ten minutes while they look for an room. Then we were sent to the wrong room twice. When we finally got in the room, it was filthy. Since it was midnight, we waiting till the next morning to notify the front desk. Before we eft for the day, we asked for the room to be cleaned. We got back 12 hours later and the room was untouched. Day 2 we complained again. My husband was asked to right a list of the issues with the room. We went to Walmart bought cleaning items and cleaned the room ourselves. We decided to check out a day early. I told the desk agent about our stay. He chuckled and said " you guys were put in the wrong room. Owners belong on the other side of the resort". He than gave us a 50% discount. Which we were not happy with, but we took it for the time being. Once we got home, we followed up with phone calls that were not returned. To top everything off, customer service is horrible. Staff is rude and don't value their guests or owners. I have had a better experience in a truck stop motel.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Kiana L
OPRGuestExperiences, Guest Relations Manager at Oak Plantation Resort, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Kiana L.

We would like to thank you for your comments and for visiting Oak Plantation Resort.

We are extremely disappointed that we did not meet the quality standards that you had anticipated. Please accept our most sincere apologies.

Your review is important to us and a copy has been forwarded to our Upper Management Team for further review, and investigation of the challenges .

We take everyone's complaints very seriously and we will do everything that we can to make it better.

Kindest Regards,
Oak Plantation Resort

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I live a few hours away and don't get to spend time with my college age sons as much as I would like - especially with their schedules. This way I have a lovely get away to relax at and they can visit me or we can go out around town and still get back home for work or classes.

But unlike some Maryland Hag posted before me - my villa was just lovely. The rates were reasonable and the location was centralized to several major routes and highlights. I honestly cannot say anything bad about the Oak Plantation Resort - other than I will be back.

Room Tip: I just happened to get a peaceful unit looking out towards the back woods - it was lovely.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Sussex, England
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Second time I've stayed here with my daughters. It's not glitzy or polished, but it's good vfm, a handy place on the map, felt safe, clean and friendly, pool area was good and the diy waffle breakfasts were great. I would come back again

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank modwolf63
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 24 August 2013

When I read these reviews sometimes Im always surprised and have learned that you cant always depend on others to form an opinion. I have stayes here both times I have visited the area. The most recent time was in June 2013. Each time I have NEVER seen one roach bed bug etc.. Yes the rooms are not as updated as some of the resorts. But Hello people how much a week did you pay for your room? The staff was nice my kids enjoyed activities and swimming n the evenings after returning from amusements. I even got a great discount on Disney Park tickets. My biggest negative is the need to upgrade to WIFI. Having to go to the Internet Cafe was a tad much and I did have to call a few times to get towels. All in all for the price it was just fine for me and my family. We are even considering leasing from an owner for short term while we relocate if an opportunity open. I would definitely stay here a 3rd time.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family