“Great value spot for families coming to see Mickey!”

Oak Plantation Resort
Ranked #94 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Tampa, Florida
“Great value spot for families coming to see Mickey!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here with my family on a weekend getaway for memorial day weekend. The resort has a great pool, is family oriented, and the staff is friendly. For the price your paying you save money to use for the pricey attractions. I'd rather stay here in a quaint and relaxed resort then a $500 a night hotel room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank gellieb
OPRGuestExperiences, Manager at Oak Plantation Resort, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
We pride ourselves in providing great customer service and appreciate when our valued guests take the time to write about it.

Theme parks can get a little pricey and I agree our resort is a great value. We have a vast array of ammenities and activities. I am glad to see you took advantage our pool area. Our pool area is a favorite amongst guests.

We know you have many options when choosing a resort to stay, thank you for choosing us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had the worse customer service ever. Janete or Janet(manager) was not helpful at all. Michael was ok, he didn't seem to knowledgable and Janet was telling him what to say but he was nice. My daughter was not able to check in her room b/c she was told she looked to young. She is 19 and the website says must be 18. Tried explaining to them she was graduating and I could fax them my id, credit card info or whatever they needed just so she could check in b/c I was over an hour a way with my grandfather who was dying which he have now passed away. Remind you the room was pre-paid. Janet told me they fax wasn't working and they didn't have an email so I could scan and send them something. My daughter was outside this dump for 4hrs until I had someone come check in the room for her. It was petty issue after the next. Janet actually informed me about her being underage when I was asking her questions about them needing a 200 deposit and she said her SUPERVISOR told her my daughter looked too young. When asked why does they website state differently she said they were in the process of changing. Very professional huh?!?!?
Once I was able to get to the room it was filthy. My daughter hadn't done anything but place her room in the room b/c she changed for graduation in the car b/c they restroom was supposedly out of order so the room was suppose to be clean. Hair in the on floor and in the tub. Crumbs on the counter, roaches in the kitchen area and room. The sheets was disgusting. Spots everywhere and the room had a mold or just terrible smell to it. The resort is outdated and need major renovations. Why this resort is rated 2 stars, I have no idea. Even tho 2 is not 5 star, you at least expect to have professional service and employees. Ppl first impression of a property is usually the front desk staff & with staff like Janet and her supervisor will surely make you run in a different direction. A few things in the room I could have looked over or maybe said, "you get what you pay for" but the front desk staff was so rude, impolite, and unprofessional something need to be done about this. I don't see how they rooms past state inspection or they haven't been slapped with lawsuits or maybe they have.
Rather 1 star or 5 star hotel or resort you should always be treated with respect and have courteous service! This resort nor the staff deserves a star rating. More like 2 thumbs way down

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Dymond H
We are sorry to hear you were not happy with your experience at our resort.
We strive to make our customers feel welcome and I am sorry we fell short. Your valued comments have been shared with the appropriate department managers.

I would like to clarify that it is our hotel policy that you must be 21 and over to check in and the credit card used to pay for the reservation must be the credit card used to check-in. With so many issues of fraud this is a measure to protect our valued guests.

We have notified our pest control company of your comments and have increased their frequency of service so other guests wont have the same problem.
Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Ok first off! For those who are complaining about this not the perfect or that not perfect. Please realize this isn't a five star resort if you want those go stay at grand Floridian. The resort is out dated yes and it not the classier style but all honestly I had the best vacation stay here. The staff was actually super sweet to us and even greated us at my car one night while come in to say hi. The villa we had was a one bedroom and everything worked well in it. And the grounds are well kept in my own opinion. If you saw garbage then most likely it was the people that was there before you. I sat and watched a family throw wrappers and leave garbage on the pathways to pools and at the pools. There are bin in front of each building for linen and for garbage but people seem not to want to use them. Everyday I saw people outside trying to make this place little more presentable. service is a little slow but who cares unless your in a big rush then you can walk to the area and get what you need. I enjoyed the breakfest buffet was really good and staff super sweet. Only downfall when you arrive the suites are not completely fully stocked with cooking utensils and stuff but hey call them and they might actually have a lot of it. If you are complaining they won't switch your towels it called wash them sure a hotel should switch but what a half an hour out of your day to throw them in the wash. Please if this is not the place for you then don't stay here. But if your laid back and want something decent then hey it awesome. This place treated me well. Wht was even more awesome was the planet fitness that was super close so I got my work outs in.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Cjgurl
OPRGuestExperiences, Manager at Oak Plantation Resort, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay.

I have passed you suggestions along to the appropriate department heads. I can assure you that we have already started taking inventory and restocking our units.

Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Villas what a terrible joke-- on check in at 11 p.m. we went to our 'villa' which turned into a 1 bedroom efficiency the entry way roof had a hole over head in it the size of a football, trash littered the entry way to our "villa". Upon opening the door roaches ran away under the furniture, the unit was musty smelling of mildew, the furniture was from the 70's and older. Bed blankets dirty, sheets thin and rough like paper.

Room Tip: there are no "villas" ! Run down, worn out buildings, grounds & apts, town house unit...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank John P
OPRGuestExperiences, Director of Sales at Oak Plantation Resort, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
We do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

All of your concerns have been brought to upper management to ensure that this does not happen again.

We have begun remodeling all buildings. We are starting with roofs, stairwells and painting all of the buildings.

I am confident that once this project is complete we no longer will have these issues. We hope you will reconsider staying with us again should you be traveling our way again.
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We went there to stay for a week and they talked us into buy a time share.the sections they took us it was nice and they said that the whole resort was going to be under renovation.Guss what?the next year we went down again and instead of better it was worse......there was not grass anywhere and the rooms they were DIRTY....we asked them to do something and they said that it will take time cause the company went under and the new owner where trying,THATS AN UNDERESTIMATE.......Anyways now we use it to exchange it with something beautiful in another location.Please stay away from that resort....

Room Tip: None of them stay away...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Julia S
Belleair, Florida
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Please beware as there is nothing resort about this place...Room was smelly moldy rusty and that was one foot in the door. Holes in carpet...Linens and towels rejects....Maids so underwhelming. There was one nice thing they did have beautiful peacocks roaming free all over property....The spa was lets say NOT working.....The bartender was nice But the bar area was horrible....Broken down carts...workrooms by pool area eyesores......So disappointing.............

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.. Rooms do not look like pictures they advertise.....
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa W
Here at Oak Plantation we take all feedback seriously and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

Your comments have been shared with our upper management team.

Thank you for taking the time and making us aware of these issues.
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 6 May 2014

First of all the overall property needs maintenance. The door to our room was disgusting and rusted and looked like it was ancient. The carpeting was dirty and the room smelled like it hadn't been properly cleaned. The shower head in one of the bathrooms fell of within minutes of us arriving. The shower lining curtain was torn and pretty much falling off. We found a spider in one of the beds. The counters of the kitchen and kitchen table were not cleaned. Let me get to the best part which is the fitness center. This "resort" cannot even say it offers a fitness center because all it truly has is 3 worn down about to break treadmills, one of which was out of service. There was a stationary bike that didn't work and looked liked it was a million years old, there was 2 dumbbells on the floor just scattered and thrown and they weren't even a pair, broken weighted plates were stashed behind an arm machine that didn't work. I would never ever stay at this place again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone else. They are completely overpriced for the crap they offer.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rosannas413
OPRGuestExperiences, Manager at Oak Plantation Resort, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review.

Here at Oak Plantation we take every review seriously. The Experience you described are not characteristic of the level of service our staff strive to provide. Please accept our apologies. Your feedback was shared with our team for review.

Thank you for visiting Oak Plantation Resort