“Feels like home.”

Ranked #93 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Jacksonville, Florida
“Feels like home.”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Yes, it has been a tough few years with the economy. But the property is undergoing changes for the better. Fresh paint, landscaping being done can only see good coming up. P.s. keep Jimmy!! He is a major asset, with a great personality. It truly is like home, small rather than overrun with people

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Phyllis D
OPRGuestExperiences, Manager at Oak Plantation Resort, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you Phyllis for taking the time to write a review and choosing Oak Plantation.
I am so happy that you noticed the upgrades to the resort. This is only the beginning.

As for Jimmy, we are proud to have him on our team. He always goes above and beyond to exceed our guests expectations.

We understand you have many choices when choosing your accommodations. We are so happy you chose us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2014

What a dump. 3 stars?? Upon arrival my wife and I noticed trash in check in parking lot and overgrown landscape. Front desk personnel was friendly and courteous. The roads were full of potholes and debris. There was a container parked directly in front of the building were the "suite" is located. The entire place lacked maintenance. As we parked we noticed graffiti on the windows of out room. An attempt to clean it was made but not accomplished. The room smelled musky, sheets were dirty and had hair on them, the bathtub had mold, the microwave was filthy. The washer was missing the door (front load). Carpet was gross and most disturbing of all was the ac unit which rattled and was covered in mold. I cancelled immediately and was penalized for one night's fee. I was very happy to pay for that. The place should be demolished. Embarrassing. I'd be very happy to share the pics/video with anyone who would consider staying there.

5 Thank Norat101
OPRGuestExperiences, Manager at Oak Plantation Resort, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Here at Oak Plantation we take all feedback seriously and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

Upon reviewing your complaints I realized we did goof. You were put in a unit that was down for maintenance. Please accept our sincere apologies and thank you for taking the time and making us aware of these issues.

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We were booked to stay at the Inn at Oak Plantation but were upgraded to stay at this place as they have overbooked themselves at the motel. So it was a nice surprised. The place is dated and could have used a little upgrading. We did not get the full channel listing of the TV program. Called to the front desk. Was told by the guy who came to take a look that since the resort upgraded the Internet and TV, there had been problems and issues with the TVs. The guy said he would have the front desk put a call to Bright House Network to fix it but it did not get fixed. He said he will update us on the progress but did not hear back from him at all. The washer/dryer combo leaks and I noticed rust. The place needs a face lift and upgrade.

For the price we paid, we were pleasantly surprised and pleased. So I am giving the value an above average rating.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
OPRGuestExperiences, Director of Sales at Oak Plantation Resort, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
We are truly sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations.
Your valued comments have been shared with the appropriate department managers. We thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here with my family on a weekend getaway for memorial day weekend. The resort has a great pool, is family oriented, and the staff is friendly. For the price your paying you save money to use for the pricey attractions. I'd rather stay here in a quaint and relaxed resort then a $500 a night hotel room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank gellieb
OPRGuestExperiences, Manager at Oak Plantation Resort, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
We pride ourselves in providing great customer service and appreciate when our valued guests take the time to write about it.

Theme parks can get a little pricey and I agree our resort is a great value. We have a vast array of ammenities and activities. I am glad to see you took advantage our pool area. Our pool area is a favorite amongst guests.

We know you have many options when choosing a resort to stay, thank you for choosing us.
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had the worse customer service ever. Janete or Janet(manager) was not helpful at all. Michael was ok, he didn't seem to knowledgable and Janet was telling him what to say but he was nice. My daughter was not able to check in her room b/c she was told she looked to young. She is 19 and the website says must be 18. Tried explaining to them she was graduating and I could fax them my id, credit card info or whatever they needed just so she could check in b/c I was over an hour a way with my grandfather who was dying which he have now passed away. Remind you the room was pre-paid. Janet told me they fax wasn't working and they didn't have an email so I could scan and send them something. My daughter was outside this dump for 4hrs until I had someone come check in the room for her. It was petty issue after the next. Janet actually informed me about her being underage when I was asking her questions about them needing a 200 deposit and she said her SUPERVISOR told her my daughter looked too young. When asked why does they website state differently she said they were in the process of changing. Very professional huh?!?!?
Once I was able to get to the room it was filthy. My daughter hadn't done anything but place her room in the room b/c she changed for graduation in the car b/c they restroom was supposedly out of order so the room was suppose to be clean. Hair in the on floor and in the tub. Crumbs on the counter, roaches in the kitchen area and room. The sheets was disgusting. Spots everywhere and the room had a mold or just terrible smell to it. The resort is outdated and need major renovations. Why this resort is rated 2 stars, I have no idea. Even tho 2 is not 5 star, you at least expect to have professional service and employees. Ppl first impression of a property is usually the front desk staff & with staff like Janet and her supervisor will surely make you run in a different direction. A few things in the room I could have looked over or maybe said, "you get what you pay for" but the front desk staff was so rude, impolite, and unprofessional something need to be done about this. I don't see how they rooms past state inspection or they haven't been slapped with lawsuits or maybe they have.
Rather 1 star or 5 star hotel or resort you should always be treated with respect and have courteous service! This resort nor the staff deserves a star rating. More like 2 thumbs way down

4 Thank Dymond H
We are sorry to hear you were not happy with your experience at our resort.
We strive to make our customers feel welcome and I am sorry we fell short. Your valued comments have been shared with the appropriate department managers.

I would like to clarify that it is our hotel policy that you must be 21 and over to check in and the credit card used to pay for the reservation must be the credit card used to check-in. With so many issues of fraud this is a measure to protect our valued guests.

We have notified our pest control company of your comments and have increased their frequency of service so other guests wont have the same problem.
Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Ok first off! For those who are complaining about this not the perfect or that not perfect. Please realize this isn't a five star resort if you want those go stay at grand Floridian. The resort is out dated yes and it not the classier style but all honestly I had the best vacation stay here. The staff was actually super sweet to us and even greated us at my car one night while come in to say hi. The villa we had was a one bedroom and everything worked well in it. And the grounds are well kept in my own opinion. If you saw garbage then most likely it was the people that was there before you. I sat and watched a family throw wrappers and leave garbage on the pathways to pools and at the pools. There are bin in front of each building for linen and for garbage but people seem not to want to use them. Everyday I saw people outside trying to make this place little more presentable. service is a little slow but who cares unless your in a big rush then you can walk to the area and get what you need. I enjoyed the breakfest buffet was really good and staff super sweet. Only downfall when you arrive the suites are not completely fully stocked with cooking utensils and stuff but hey call them and they might actually have a lot of it. If you are complaining they won't switch your towels it called wash them sure a hotel should switch but what a half an hour out of your day to throw them in the wash. Please if this is not the place for you then don't stay here. But if your laid back and want something decent then hey it awesome. This place treated me well. Wht was even more awesome was the planet fitness that was super close so I got my work outs in.

3 Thank Cjgurl
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay.

I have passed you suggestions along to the appropriate department heads. I can assure you that we have already started taking inventory and restocking our units.

Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Villas what a terrible joke-- on check in at 11 p.m. we went to our 'villa' which turned into a 1 bedroom efficiency the entry way roof had a hole over head in it the size of a football, trash littered the entry way to our "villa". Upon opening the door roaches ran away under the furniture, the unit was musty smelling of mildew, the furniture was from the 70's and older. Bed blankets dirty, sheets thin and rough like paper.

Room Tip: there are no "villas" ! Run down, worn out buildings, grounds & apts, town house unit...