“Excellent stay”

Oak Plantation Resort
Ranked #90 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I was not sure what to expect after all the review but I took the chance and booked my reservation. I had a great time, love the country team, and wildlife. Beautiful pool, and hot tub. I had excellent customer services from Johanna. Thank you ALL.!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Joycleach
OPRGuestExperiences, Manager at Oak Plantation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Joy,

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Customers comments are a valuable tool, it helps us to know what we are doing right or wrong.
Sounds like we did everything right.

We know you have many choices when choosing your hotel, thank you for choosing us !
We hope to see you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Oak Plantation Resort

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Hi everyone I just wanted to let all of you know about my experience at Oak Plantation Resort. First off I want to say that the place is very run down, i have pictures of ants crawling out of the walls cockroaches coming out of the drains, and rust in the bathtubs. Second the hot tub was down the entire 10 days we stayed there. The pools were nice and the exteriors of the buildings were ok. The only good part about this hotel was the driver who was a very nice man. Now for the trip ruining part, during our stay at Oak Plantation Resort over 2500 dollars of electronics were stolen out of our room. A macbook, ipad, and bose headphones were stolen. All of this occurred on the only day housekeeping was not done?? hmm suspicious, also the only keycards that were swiped that day were ours, at around 2:00 in the afternoon. Where were we? well were were at seaworld that entire day with no means of getting back to our hotel room. Ya and the hotel management did absolutely nothing for us. I am giving EVERYONE A WARNING DO NOT STAY AT Oak Plantation Resort!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jaren W

Dear Jaren,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review.

Here at Oak Plantation we take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. Our staff members take their roles very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.
What you experienced is unacceptable. I understand that upper management has already worked with you in regards to this matter in May. Please feel free to contact us again if there is anything more we can do.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I was afraid after all the reviews I read but I went ahead with my reservation. My family's experience was very positive. I did call in advance to confirm I had a renovated room. Room was clean and well stocked.From the moment we arrived the staff were extremely helpful. Johanna and Crystal were always extremely pleasant. Towels,toiletries and coffee were sent right away when requested. Norma from house keeping went above and beyond to keep my family happy.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Sassyles99

Thank you for taking your time to write a review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. It pleases us very much when guests appreciate our friendly staff. Employees at Oak Plantation Resort strive to be accurate , helpful and informative.

We know that you have many choices when choosing your accommodations, we sincerely appreciate your business and hope to see you again !

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Although this place isn't as nice as a Disney property, it was good for the price. Had a full kitchen, washer and dryer which made living area more comfortable and convenient. Cool peacocks walking around. Game room was garbage with hardly any of the games working. Pool was heated and clean with great music playing...loved that! Room was clean but we could hear every step the people made above us..that was very annoying in the morning when we were trying to sleep. I am what I consider to be a hotel snob, but I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Melandrad

Melandrad,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for the game room not being up to par. Please know that we have read your review and are already in the works to improve the game room.
We know you have many choices in choosing a hotel , thank you for choosing Oak Plantation Resort. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Advertised DVD and VCR's in rooms, none where there or became available. Asked for an item, took 2 days to get it. Shower pole and head were coming off the wall. Pool was comfortable until noticed black mold. Yellow caution tape around a building. Fitness Center was closed, Game room had many games that didn't even work. The door on the villa was cracked and couldn't use the security lock. I booked this through ICE and we are owners in a timeshare resort and this is nothing like any timeshares I have stayed at or owned. Do not recommend this place at all.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mactjy

We apologize for falling short. This is extremely disappointing to hear. We take pride in offering our guests an affordable vacation but we overlooked certain details. able to offer you a refund, we .Please know that it's clear that we should have done more to prevent this in the first place. We'll discuss your comments with the entire team, so thanks for leaving them, and please accept our sincere apologies.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Honestly what an awful place do not go. I booked this holiday through virgin holidays, who I trusted, big mistake. Filthy, black hairs in the microwave on arrival, sliding door to bedroom would not lock, safe broken, no pcb, cockroaches, silver fish, carpet bugs which bit me, filthy floors, built up debris in kitchen corners. My daughter was ill, I was ill, it was one of the worst holiday experiences of my life, my 7 year old asked to go home from Disneyland

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank melly1968
OPRGuestExperiences, Director of Sales at Oak Plantation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

This is extremely disappointing. We did not pay attention to detail and things were overlooked. It is clear that we should have done more to prevent this in the first place. I am happy to see that we did issue a refund. I understand that it is a small compenasation for your troubles. Please be assured that we have discussed your comments with the entire team, so thanks for leaving them, and please accept our sincere apologies.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I love this resort. You just have to ask for a room by the pool and if they don't have one ask for one as close as possible. Those rooms are much nicer than the ones far away. Took me 2 times staying here to learn that. The staff is SOOO nice!! That is waht really makes this place so fantastic! I told one of the staff that my kids had already seen the movie they were playing by the pool that night and she went to wallmart and bought a new movie for us to watch! The Tiki bar is awesome and the bartender is so friendly. The hot tub ROCKS!! it seats 12. Peacocks just prance around the pool and the kiddie pool is nice. The only downside is the distance from Disney. about 25 min but not to bad.

Room Tip: Room by the pool for sure!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Lisa,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your visit and for giving us a chance to see what we are all about, which is you the customer. It is great to see that our team's hard work is paying off. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you again for staying with us!

We look forward to your next visit.