“Great hotel for the money”

Howard Johnson Express Inn - Suites Lake Front Park Kissimme
Ranked #64 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Spottswood, VA
“Great hotel for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here the week before Christmas 2011 and really enjoyed our stay. After spending the day at Disney World it was great to go back to the hotel and relax in the hot tub to ease our tired feet. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and had a dorm size refrigerator in the room. The continental breakfast was OK, but we would like something other than all carbs for breakfast. There are several nice restaurants close by and in walking distance. We will stay here again if we make it to Disney again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Fishbabe2
Libby C, Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn - Suites Lake Front Park Kissimme, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
We are thrilled you enjoyed your staff with us. Thanks for sharing your experience. We hope to see you again soon!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Streamwood, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I booked this hotel after reading the reviews, rating and based on my past experiences with Howard Johnson chain.I was never disappointed, but this time it was terrible. I was travelling with my very young kids and parents and needed a kitchen suite and hence selected this hotel but as soon as we reached our room a cockroach welcomed us !!!!! Room looked so old and shabby, it had weird damp smell. It was just that I couldn't think of living there with young kids for a week , simply couldn't. The only thing that made me happy was, I was able to cancel my reservation and get my money back.!!!! Please avoid this hotel if you are vacationing with your kids or old parents :(

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Ruchi S
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Guest satisfaction is our utmost goal and I do apologize that you did not have that experience. Your comments have been addressed with the approriate department managers and our nationally known pest management company a well. I do hope that in the future you give us another opportunity to make this situation right for you.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

neenah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

our room was very clean, staff was very friendly, pool was nice, price was great. there seemed to be a few snowbirds staying there, they were all very nice to chat with. we did see a few racoons hanging out by the lake. overall nice place.. close to walmart.. would stay again.. had a wonderful time

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hoseface
We want to thank you for sharing your experience at the Howard Johnson. We are proud of our friendly staff and what our property has to offer our guests. Hope to see you again soon!
pelham al
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

This is a budget motel but far exceeds the other motels in same area for similar price. There are lots of pluses: It was quiet (I had a poolside room in back that had view of pool and lake, front rooms may be louder, WIFI didn't pick up in back but did in front), clean (my room was updated with nice furniture and fridge, bathroom dated but clean), 2 hots tubs and HEATED pool that were well kept and a welcome relief after the parks, accommodating staff, safer due to U shaped building with parking in middle, I saw a couple of questionable characters but had no problems traveling by myself, it was mostly families doing the parks and enough of them coming and going so someone was usually coming in same time I was coming in at night. The convenience to the parks was priceless after experiencing the traffic on Int Dr and Buena Vista, generally 8 miles to any park but minimal traffic and 10-15 minute trip, this will become very important once you have experienced the traffic in other areas. Breakfast was typical continental, there is a grocery store, Subway sandwiches, Chinese plus other food across the street (a busy wide street but a traffic light is about 75 yards down then easy walk across). Wal Mart 1 mile. No resort or parking fees. I didn't use shuttle but saw the schedule, it seemed weird times to me, if you call they will probably give you the schedule, the public bus comes by there but you will waste precious time and it was mostly workers riding it from what i saw. I was going to stay my last night at a fancy place but after checking them out decided to remain at peaceful convenient HoJo instead. Warning, a half mile or so past HoJo toward Kissimmee gets very seedy/unsafe looking, the rooms are cheaper but it didn't look like tourists were staying in them, anywhere close to HoJo toward Disney looked safe. Kissimmee is generally the older budget motel area but for the convenience/efficiency in travel and eating was the best option for me.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are quiet with view of lake
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank piddlerexpert
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

I booked 3 nights at hojo.com at 25% discount for this motel. Our room is very clean, room size is about average. Swimming and hot tub are the back of hotel. It has a nice view of the lake from pool.
Free breakfast includes orange, 2 type of cereal, bread, muffin. No waffle.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sysy007
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

I paid 35 USD a night here, WIFI and breakfast was included. The hotel is very close to the Disneyworld parks, about 10 minutes by car (to Epcot). The hotel is very easy to find, and they also offer inexpensive weekly rates. My room had two queen beds, it was clean, and there was nothing wrong with it. I had room 137. Parking is also free and there is plenty of room. Breakfast was ok, even if the room is a bit small. It gets crowded around 9:30 pm. Breakfast is served from 7 to 10am. They offer kellogs corn flakes and special K, 2% and whole milk, orange and apple juice. Coffee, and tea. Bagels, toasts, jam and butter. And 3 types of muffins. The hotel is not luxurious, but it is a good place to stay if you don't want to spend a lot of money and if you want a clean and quiet place to sleep and have breakfast, close to the parks. There are plenty of restaurants close to the hotel. There's no cafeteria at the hotel, just vending machines, so if you are hungry at night, you need to get some food somewhere else. I have no complaints about this hotel, perhaps the staff could be nicer when you check in, that would be my only negative comment. Well, and I like harder matresses. Considering the price, this hotel exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Maria123T
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

I was a little cautious because we usually stay on Disney properties but with the economy and new home budgeting, I opted for a cheaper place to stay and I was pleasantly surprised. The price was great, the room was clean and the 3 nights we stayed the service was excellent. We were even able to have a room that was recently updated that included a microwave and refrigerator at no extra cost. The pool was very well kept. Hotel staff very efficient and friendly. The breakfast was your standard continental but enough to have something until the next meal. Our room was on the back of the property and it was very safe and no problems. I will stay again!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family