“Worth it for our family of 5”

and 1 more site!
Claremont Kissimmee Hotel
Ranked #120 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Background: Family of 5 - three boys ages 11, 11, and 9.

the good: if you're looking for an extremely affordable, clean, safe place to stay off park for Disney that is close to the park, you cannot go wrong here.

the bad: We made reservations online and it said roll away bed was included; it was not resulting in $10 a day fee for use. But, these rooms are so cheap, it's hard to complain about that. Although, the front desk was a little huffy about it.

We bought 10 day non-expiring passes a while back and ended up with 2 days on our passes. We wanted to make a cheap run to Disney and we were looking for a place to stay that was very affordable (which meant off Disney grounds of course), safe, clean, and as close to the park as possible. We booked through Hotels.com and, I have to admit, given the price ($25 a night), I was very skeptical about the safety and cleanliness of the place. But, we decided to roll the dice.

I am glad we did. The hotel was small and it's not luxurious by any stretch but, the staff that greeted us was friendly (although, not all were during our stay) and our room was clean and functional. Not pretty, and bed was not great but.. good enough.

The location to the park is excellent (quick right, half mile to on-ramp, and you enter the park). And the hotel is immediately next to (can walk) a waffle house and IHOP (although both were so incredibly packed each day, we did not use). There is a chik-fil-a across the street that was great (next to a gas station / quick trip also) and we used the drive thru on our way out to the park.

We used our room to sleep in and that was it. And if that's all your looking for to make a economy trip to Disney, this place is more than perfect. Rooms were clean and functional. Beds were ok but not bad. parking and overall area felt safe and it was very quiet. They have a pool that is very basic but we did not use.

the only issue we had was, Hotels.com stated we could get a roll away bed at no charge and the hotel staff said that was not true. After a little arguing we decided to let it go ($10 a day for usage) given the price of the room. But, the staff seemed to not really care about the cost being misrepresented on hotels.com and told us to take it up with them. Again, we decided to let it go given the overall cost.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mdinmayretta

Reviewed 29 December 2011

I really wouldn't rate this terrible..I would rate this place a nightmare that will ruin ur vacation in a second!!! We got here early had to wait in line cause there were so many people comPlaining..we got to our room and the room was flooded from the ac, called the Maintaince guy came said he'd be back he never did, they changed our room at midnight to a room that the deadbolt didn't lock and the door wouldn't shut. A man came and changed the whole door knob and now we can't get in our room because the door had to be reprogrammed and the battery is dead so now someone has to come unlock it when we get back which is a pain cause we have to wait for them and sometimes it's not till midnight and several calls to office before its open. Housekeeping forget about it! They wouldn't even give me clean towels because it wasn't "their" room to clean!! So if u plan on staying here u better run!!! Or expect to do everything u do at home cause u have no service here

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 29 December 2011

This is the worst hotel I ever stayed at. I booked it via Expedia counting on them that they have some minimum standards for the hotel they show. This hotel is dirty, neglected, in my room there were water coming underneth the floor and we had to put towels on the floor everyday. Although we asked them to come and fix it, they didn't. Also, the air condition was so loud we had to turn in off. They also didnt clean the room or replace the sheets all week long and on the last night they didn't even fixed the beds. If you count on the shuttle to and from the parks please keep in mind that it is a bus that gets full in seconds and eventually ou are standing all the way to the park with around 40 people (in addition to the other 50 that are sitting). Bottom line - don't go to this place and try to stay with 3 stars hotels.

Room Tip: Just stay away
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2011

I have recently stayed at this hotel. They have very poor management, poor house keeping, and unorganized help services. Not only that, they also book rooms to more than 2 people, and they fight in front of customers. If you plan on staying in this hotel please do not come. I repeat do not.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2011

There is 2 things good about this hotel. The beds were very comfy and location is great. The rooms are small. The air conditioner was so loud we had to take the cover off the front to be able to sleep so it wouldn't rattle. Our parents in the room next door had water running out of light and fan in bathroom. We told them and they did nothing till I went to front desk and [--] Then they fixed it. Room service also sucked, they didn't replace the cups when out we had to go to the front desk and get them ourselves. They never swept or dusted the floors. Ceiling dust was falling onto the floor and no one wiped it up. Breakfast wasn't worth the effort when Denny's is on the same block. If you can afford it --- stay some place else.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank marysharon
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel and I would recommend staying at this hotel. The rooms are nice and clean plus they have ROOM SERVICE w/ a plastic menu in the rooms where you can order some very good food along with good service. Staff is helpful with good room rates. when I come back to this location I'm coming.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank john b
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I had to stay in Celebration because a family member was in the hospital there. Unexpectedly, I had to remain longer than I had planned so I had to find lodging quickly on a Saturday. Lee at Claremont (manager) helped me by securing a well located ground floor room and also making it available to me quite early in the day so I could move my stuff in and then, when returning late that night, I could just go in without unloading my car. If I return to the area, I will certainly stay at the Claremont. Thank You, Lee!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo