“Disgusting.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #122 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Jacksonville, Florida
“Disgusting.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I wish my sister googled this nasty hotel before she made the reservation. The Claremont is absolutely disgraceful. 1. the telephone in 1202 does not work. 2. the front desk was extremely rude. 3. There are no towels, and when I walked to front office to request towels it was if I interupted a text message, and bothered her. It took them an hour to come with a towel. the best part is the guy that brought me a towel had his pants sagging, and boxers showing. 4. needless to say, the staff is just sketchy. 5. the rooms are filthy, the bathtub is disgusting. I am traveling with a one year old. I'm bathing her when we get home. I'm not even taking a shower. I wanted the towels just to put on the floor infront of the toilet. I won't even let me shoes touch that nasty floor. 6. the mold smell is coming through the extra bleach they use to cover the mold smell. I have a stuffy nose, and the baby can not stop sneezing. she didn't start until we stayed here. I am just beside myself with the other drug dealing guests. This hotel is absolutely disgusting. I hope my sister's learns her lesson, and uses trip advisor next time she books a hotel blindly.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Amy O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Lakeland, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Alot of shady characters lurking around and it didn't feel safe at night. Front office seemed to be bothered when we switched rooms because our door was busted. 2 different rooms and both smelled highly of bleach and when this was questioned to housekeeping, someone said it was to cover the MOLD! Indeed, if you looked closely, you could see MOLD seeping through the walls.
Never again!!

Room Tip: Any room that does not smell like bleach to cover up moldy walls.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Pam S

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

A friend of mine stayed here for one night so that we could stay somewhere cheap off site from Disney. Even though the price was nice, it's not worth the sketchy activity going on here. The lock on our door seemed to be damaged, the pool right by our building was loud the entire night with guests and their children yelling, and there were staff and residents just hanging out on the stairs all day. Even though it's cheap and close to the parks, I'd prefer to stay somewhere a little more upscale next time.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed there a week when we went to Disney. Check in was long with employees that seemed annoyed to be bothered. Got the room, facing pool on 2nd floor. Bed skirt was still wet from staff mopping it as well. Rooms old, locks and door hardware rusted in bathroom. Tv was up very high near ceiling. Tv stand was filled w dust. The floor was filthy. White socks were black fast. Then we saw our housekeeper hanging out at midnight in the building in back. Drinking and playing loud music. Most of the doors in the last building were open n people all over the railings. Cars racing in the parking lot. So the next day we needed towels so we ask her about building 3. She says locals live there! All the staff live there in the buildings! they work day to day to stay there, processing our credit cards. No backround check ran, and she said she was trying to get off drugs!! She was very happy to tell us how when people can't afford to rent agencies pay for short term stays at motels. Sex offenders were there! At the pool. Watching the children..., she said most hotels on 192/irlo Bronson highway need to rent to locals to stay in business. The police was there to arrest a man that morning for a warrant. We went to ask to check out and get our money back. Oh no, the manager wasn't having that. So we checked out. I never even disputed the extra days. Please at least do a check on sex offenders in kissimmee. Its free, just google sex offender search florida. Match the addresses up to the hotel addresses.there were hundreds living in motels and swimming and watching children. I never thought they would be allowed to stay in hotels.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Sk322601
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

After spending alot of money on my cruise I needed a cheap affordable motel. I paid around $35.00 and continental breakfast was included. My room smelled musty but I sprayed some perfume spray my niece had. We took a shower with our sandals on. The tub was a bit dirty. The room did not have any towels and the room phone was not working. I called front desk from my cell phone. We waited 20 mins and the towels were not delivered, so I drove to the front desk to pick them up. For my surprise the towels were new and clean. The door locks were loose and I had to place a chair by the door before we slept. On the positive side the bed and the pillows were very comfortable. Will I stay again..Maybe..

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Pompano Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Unsafe, molding on the building...will NEVER ever stay there again would rather sleep in my car than in one of those rooms again, as soon as you walked in you could smell smoke.
We thought it would be cleaner because of the hard wood floors but within seconds are socks were black. The coffee maker was in the bathroom sitting on the sink and was coated in ants. I seen 7 cockroaches on the floor but just killed them. The safe jammed, called to the front desk to get someone to unlock it, nobody came.
We stayed at the Claremont for 5 days. The hotel itself is very run down.. The rooms are a pretty good size but the water temperature in the shower goes from arctic to volcano in 2 seconds, awful breakfast (coffee, bananas, yogurt, muffin, cereal and always the hotel ran out of bagels) be ready to fight, literally for it. It does not worthy to talk about the bathroom, very old and super dirty, falling apart.
The elevators are in really bad condition, the maintenance and operational permit was expired (since 2012!), this is hazard!.
It's very evident that this hotel has seen better days, yet the owners refuse to renovate and update the essentials. For future travelers, don't waste your money by staying here, even if it does sound like a great deal. It's NOT worth it.
We will not be back!

Room Tip: No less than 3 stars
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Chamalizy
Orlando, Florida, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

We stayed at the Claremont for 5 days. The hotel itself is very run down. The elevators are awful and smell awful. The rooms are a pretty good size but the water temperature in the shower goes from arctic to volcano in 2 seconds, there were also dead roaches on the floor by the air conditioner. The staff is nice enough but the housekeepers are shotty and only supply 1 towel a day for 4 people! Continental breakfast is a joke and the wifi never works, my kids also loved the pool but the pool are smelled like urine and was generally pretty dirty looking.. Upon check out we were told that because we had misplaced the receipt from our stay that we would not be getting our deposit. For the price this hotel is okay but I would hold onto your receipt or they will not refund your deposit.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family