“Resort my...”

Claremont Kissimmee Hotel
Ranked #121 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We arrived at 8pm. Went to check in and realized game room was blocked off and the "cafe" was just a room they served breakfast in and nothing else. Check in was polite and easy.

Got to room and it was SMALL bed fulls not queens. Broken deadbolt. The floors were dirty and disgusting. Mold growing in the bathroom. No remote for the flat screen tv (Which also had no on button) no telephone, no towels and no trashcans. A $4 resort fee is charged for what exactly?

No bugs and the beds were clean. Slept well.

Said something to the hotel front desk during check out about not having towels, tv remote, trashcans or a telephone he shrugged said sorry and said we were all set.

Disappointing but from reviews I was expecting way worse.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dayzedmom

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Stayed here twice on two separate trips for one reason, extremely cheap! Only needed a room for a few hours of sleep and a bath. The rooms appear updated and clean, with laminate floors and a mini fridge. One thing though, on both stays there wasn't a single towel present in the room! I'm a prepared traveler and travel with my own towel but I have to admit I've never stayed in a hotel that didn't give you some. The continental breakfast looks like it came from a vending machine and if you have to leave before seven don't even bother.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel and it was the nastiest place I have ever stayed in. I'm not a snob, but we had NO towels, the shower never worked properly-- handle was broken, and the beds squeaked every time we moved very lightly. Do yourself a favor and do NOT stay in this hotel. The location was close to Disney world and it was cheap, but you get what you pay for-- CRAP! Also, it was a hotel that appeared to house people that lived there (think section 8 housing) permanently. If you need a hotel for value in the Orlando area, I'd recommend The Metropolitan Resort. They are very friendly, great value (you get to use the YMCA free as a guest), and a really nice pool. The rooms are okay, but it's much better than The Claremont in Kissimmee.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank PrincessEW
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I wish my sister googled this nasty hotel before she made the reservation. The Claremont is absolutely disgraceful. 1. the telephone in 1202 does not work. 2. the front desk was extremely rude. 3. There are no towels, and when I walked to front office to request towels it was if I interupted a text message, and bothered her. It took them an hour to come with a towel. the best part is the guy that brought me a towel had his pants sagging, and boxers showing. 4. needless to say, the staff is just sketchy. 5. the rooms are filthy, the bathtub is disgusting. I am traveling with a one year old. I'm bathing her when we get home. I'm not even taking a shower. I wanted the towels just to put on the floor infront of the toilet. I won't even let me shoes touch that nasty floor. 6. the mold smell is coming through the extra bleach they use to cover the mold smell. I have a stuffy nose, and the baby can not stop sneezing. she didn't start until we stayed here. I am just beside myself with the other drug dealing guests. This hotel is absolutely disgusting. I hope my sister's learns her lesson, and uses trip advisor next time she books a hotel blindly.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Amy O
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Alot of shady characters lurking around and it didn't feel safe at night. Front office seemed to be bothered when we switched rooms because our door was busted. 2 different rooms and both smelled highly of bleach and when this was questioned to housekeeping, someone said it was to cover the MOLD! Indeed, if you looked closely, you could see MOLD seeping through the walls.
Never again!!

Room Tip: Any room that does not smell like bleach to cover up moldy walls.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pam S
Reviewed 3 September 2013

A friend of mine stayed here for one night so that we could stay somewhere cheap off site from Disney. Even though the price was nice, it's not worth the sketchy activity going on here. The lock on our door seemed to be damaged, the pool right by our building was loud the entire night with guests and their children yelling, and there were staff and residents just hanging out on the stairs all day. Even though it's cheap and close to the parks, I'd prefer to stay somewhere a little more upscale next time.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed there a week when we went to Disney. Check in was long with employees that seemed annoyed to be bothered. Got the room, facing pool on 2nd floor. Bed skirt was still wet from staff mopping it as well. Rooms old, locks and door hardware rusted in bathroom. Tv was up very high near ceiling. Tv stand was filled w dust. The floor was filthy. White socks were black fast. Then we saw our housekeeper hanging out at midnight in the building in back. Drinking and playing loud music. Most of the doors in the last building were open n people all over the railings. Cars racing in the parking lot. So the next day we needed towels so we ask her about building 3. She says locals live there! All the staff live there in the buildings! they work day to day to stay there, processing our credit cards. No backround check ran, and she said she was trying to get off drugs!! She was very happy to tell us how when people can't afford to rent agencies pay for short term stays at motels. Sex offenders were there! At the pool. Watching the children..., she said most hotels on 192/irlo Bronson highway need to rent to locals to stay in business. The police was there to arrest a man that morning for a warrant. We went to ask to check out and get our money back. Oh no, the manager wasn't having that. So we checked out. I never even disputed the extra days. Please at least do a check on sex offenders in kissimmee. Its free, just google sex offender search florida. Match the addresses up to the hotel addresses.there were hundreds living in motels and swimming and watching children. I never thought they would be allowed to stay in hotels.

• Stayed: May 2013