“BIG Misrepresentation in Hotels photos”

and 1 more site!
Claremont Kissimmee Hotel
Ranked #122 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“BIG Misrepresentation in Hotels photos”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Resulting in our BIG mistake in booking our room there. Dirty towel left in bathroom, with dirty
bathtub. Broken counter top. The door had replaced doorknob & lock. It looked like it had been kicked in. The phone in the room was broken.

Room Tip: I don't think it's possible.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JLLR005

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This is by far the worst place I have ever stayed in! I arrived in Orlando for a conference a day early and decided to book into this hotel for an overnight to save some money. (always remember the cliche'... "you get what you pay for") I mentioned that I wanted internet so they gave me a room that supposedly had a "good connection." Perhaps this was so, because i saw several people standing outside in other locations with laptops in hand trying to get a connection, and it was cold and rainy out. My room...... the lights next to the bed would not work, I got a maintance man working outside the room to assist me... no knobs on the lights, lightbulbs burned out, eventually he got them on with a pair of pliers. The hotel sent an extension cord so I could plug the light into the switched outlet by the door. SO to have a light next to the bed, had to get up and switch it on. The TV reception was horrible... appropriate i guess because i was watching the winter Olympics through a "TV snowstorm." I went to take a shower, NO TOWELS!!!!!!! tried to call the front desk..... the phone has no cord, it is apparently just a prop. Tried to call on my cell........... no signal in the room. Had to drive to the front office and request towels (multiple buildings, long walk, unsafe neighborhood, poorly lit parking lot, and it was cold and rainy) When I finally got my shower, hot water was not constant.. alternatiing from warm to scalding, to cold, and the shower curtain was mildewy and disgusting. Now, there were some positives.... the front desk staff WAS very friendly and as helpful as possible, the room surprisingly did'nt smell bad. Oh, one other thing.... when the maintance man was trying new bulbs for the broken lights.... he dropped one.... of course later, i was walking barefoot, stepped on something and instinctively flicked it off with my other foot...... bad move... it was glass, and of course, I cut my foot. Go figure. I ha ve stayed in this area numerous times. the motels there are not fancy, but reasonably priced, and I enjoy the area (old town Kissimmee) but this place is the pits..... avoid it if at all possible, pay the extra bucks for somewhere nicer.

Room Tip: from what I can tell, there are no good rooms here.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank regnadkcin
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This was our second time visiting the Claremont Hotel in Kissimmee and in just a year it has become a total disaster. Although we encountered some inconveniences during our stay last year, management had been very nice and understanding enough to accommodate us. Upon arrival this time, we encountered a local tv news crew right in the front of the lobby interviewing management and what appeared to be people living here. A desk clerk later told us that the hotel had been unable to pay its utility bills and it was shutting down in a few weeks and that's why the news reporters and cameras were there. After about a half-hour (clerks could not find our reservations), we entered a room that was uninhabitable. My wife and I just laughed and returned to the desk. With a very bad attitude, the clerk gave us another room. Our tv did not have signal and our room had no towels. I called the office and they said they would be sending towels and a maintenance man to adjust the TV. The next morning, no one had arrived to bring us towels OR adjust the TV. I went behind it and noticed the cable was unplugged. As I tried to plug it in myself, I was shocked on my right arm by some electric cables emerging from a lamp that had been cut and merged together again . When our TV was finally receiving signal, we stumbled upon the morning news. To our horror, our hotel was on the featured news of that morning and the manager himself was explaining they were unable to pay their bills and they had too many state violations on their rooms. After this, we decided not to even try the breakfast and just go on to the theme parks and only come back to catch some sleep. When we returned that evening, I went hunting for a working ice machine and while my wife was taking a shower, one of the employees walked in the room and quickly closed the door. As I was coming down the other end of the stairs, I asked him what was going on and he took off shouting in Spanish to two other employees in the parking lot. They were laughing and screaming real loud. On our check-out day, we woke up to a broken windshield and $3 worth of quarters missing from our vehicle! Someone had broken the window to steal $3. We asked to speak to a manager in regards to all our inconveniences. We weren't concerned with getting our money back but we were baffled by all the disturbing things we had experienced and wanted to get the manager's perspective on all this. We had not had a chance to inform the manager about our parking lot incident, when to our amazement, he broke down and apologized, telling us that he was very sorry but that his hands were tied because the owner wasn't concerned with the condition of the property. It only took a few minutes for other employees to gather around and tell us how horrible things had gotten. My wife and I knew it was pointless to give feedback on our experience because no one cared to do anything. Even if they did care, they were powerless to help due to the cheap ownership. Everyone seemed to be indifferent to any complaints because the hotel would be closing down soon anyway. It is sad to see a hotel with so much potential and right in the middle of the Disney area crumbled down, but sadder to see other guests and employees affected by the greed of a mediocre ownership. Do yourself a favor and stay away from here!!! The Rodeway next door is the same price and you will not encounter all these issues or a local news crew right at the lobby.

Room Tip: Don't do it. You will lose much more by the end of your stay.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Seth B
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This is really the worst hotel have been to in my life!!!! and believe me it was a nightmare when i stayed there. The hotel rooms are not as advertised they are horrible, humid, with old devastating odour. housekeepers never clean the rooms all they do is empty the waste bins, lay the bed (without changing the bed sheet even if you stay for more than 1 week) and that's all.
The staircases were disgusting, the elevators were that those from HORROR movie, there was NO wifi in the rooms except in the lobby, there breakfast was terrible with tea like mud water.
The management, and staff of this hotel are very terrible, rude, and extremely unprofessional.
Any positive review about this hotel may have been written by their Staff only!!
PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL except you want to experience an HORROR MOVIE!!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lopsy l
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The hotel was never clean since day 1, from the inside and even from the outside. Spider webs were all over the place, specially when you're going up the stairs. The Housekeeping was garbage, I've noticed that all they do is change the trash cans and do the bed, That's how they define housekeeping. And no, the bed sheets/pillows were never replaced for my entire 10 day stay. In addition to that, my room had NO TOWELS at all for 4 days. It was just terrible and I wouldn't recommend anyone to go there and experience what I experienced. The management was even worse, which just explains why the hotel staff aren't motivated to put any effort in creating a good reputation for the hotel. Ohh, last but not least! they claim that they have wireless internet connection and fitness center. That's complete Bu*****t, internet can only be accessed when you're in the lobby, and not in your room and the fitness center never existed. Only thing I loved about this place was the chubby security guy. A fun person with an awesome sense of humor, God bless ya bro!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Megdad
Brandon, Florida
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I like to visit the orlando area once a week and try to find diamond in the rough value hotels, well i think i found one of them i stayed here 1/9/14 and was expecting a total dump! the lobby was very clean and front desk staff was wonderful, this is walking distance to Old Town and Funspot so there is no worry of drinking and driving. For a friday night I paid 37.99 including taxes which was an extreme value.

The Room
~wood floors very clean
~comfortable bed that was clean.
~Warm NOT hot water in shower with minimal water pressure in the morning
~average pool that is heated and is Sparkling clean!
~NO towels had to get some form the front desk.

From the reviews i was expecting the worst but i can honestly feel that it was well worth the price.
I would even consider staying here again just because of the location to the Old Town bars for the value and location this is a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask from a room on the first Floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Delta, Alabama
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We checked in this hotel on 01-01-14 at 3:00 am. Our reservation was 12/31/13 until 1/1/14. We were at Disney World until 2:30 am. I called the mgr to inform him that we were going to be late checking in - he said no problem. When I got to the hotel to check in, I was that I was almost a "No show" I told the lady that I had called but she said no notes were put in the system. When we got in the room, there was no remote for the TV, no wash rags, only 3 towels for 4 people. That morning, I called to tell the mgr that the hair dryer didn't work and requested a tv remote, an hour later, still no tv remote or a working hair dryer. I then drove down to the office and asked for a hair dryer and remote and was told that he had just sent them to my room. When I got back to the room- no hair dryer or remote. This hotel is a JOKE!!!! I would not let my dog stay her much less my family again!!!!! The sad thing is that management didn't care that we were unhappy with the service.

Room Tip: There is an elevator to access 2nd floor rooms
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Nonniegrandma6
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Kissimmee/Celebration
Rodeway Inn Maingate
Rodeway Inn Maingate
#48 of 152 in Kissimmee
Super 8 Kissimmee/Maingate/Orlando Area
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration

Been to Claremont Kissimmee Hotel? Share your experiences!