“Not as advertised” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #122 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
St. Augustine, Florida
“Not as advertised”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Claremonts stated they are equipped with, phone, coffee maker, the phone did not have a cord attached, there was no coffee maker but there were two packets of coffee. The hotel had an elevator, but it doesn't work. There was a remote for the bed that said sleep number but it didn't work either. The bathroom was awful, the grout was old and black, the tub was very stained, we stayed two nights, when the maid came she made one bed but not the other, didn't bring clean towels. The vending machines in the lobby was high priced but they didn't work so I walked a couple buildings down to gas station to buy pop and snacks. Had to pay extra for staying at a resort even though I prepaid in full before we arrived, the lock on the door had loose screws and anyone could have broken in easily. Wifi didn't always work.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chrissy H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
State College, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed at the Claremont last week and were satisfied. Seriously folks... the price is very economical so you get what you pay for! You get the basics. We had a clean room, hot water, lots of towels, great room service and the WiFi worked great. The pillows were fluffy. There was a small refrigerator and a safe that you could lock away your valuables. I liked that the shower was separate room from the sink, so two people could get ready at the same time. The people at the desk were courteous and the breakfast was adequate ... and free. We had bagels and fresh brewed coffee. The location is great since it's quite close to Disney World and many stores and restaurants. There was a shuttle bus nearby I believe. I left an expensive electronic device behind and the staff was honest and helpful. They kept it safe for me and then even shipped it back to my home. If you are looking for a bargain, then this is the way to go. Save your money for dinner at the Magic Kingdom and sleep in a decent place. If you want "five star" accommodations and a five star price tag, then you should go to The Marriot or The Palace.

Room Tip: Some rooms have parking outside the door which might be nice for families w small children
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Rhonda M
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Resulting in our BIG mistake in booking our room there. Dirty towel left in bathroom, with dirty
bathtub. Broken counter top. The door had replaced doorknob & lock. It looked like it had been kicked in. The phone in the room was broken.

Room Tip: I don't think it's possible.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JLLR005

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

St. Petersburg, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

This is by far the worst place I have ever stayed in! I arrived in Orlando for a conference a day early and decided to book into this hotel for an overnight to save some money. (always remember the cliche'... "you get what you pay for") I mentioned that I wanted internet so they gave me a room that supposedly had a "good connection." Perhaps this was so, because i saw several people standing outside in other locations with laptops in hand trying to get a connection, and it was cold and rainy out. My room...... the lights next to the bed would not work, I got a maintance man working outside the room to assist me... no knobs on the lights, lightbulbs burned out, eventually he got them on with a pair of pliers. The hotel sent an extension cord so I could plug the light into the switched outlet by the door. SO to have a light next to the bed, had to get up and switch it on. The TV reception was horrible... appropriate i guess because i was watching the winter Olympics through a "TV snowstorm." I went to take a shower, NO TOWELS!!!!!!! tried to call the front desk..... the phone has no cord, it is apparently just a prop. Tried to call on my cell........... no signal in the room. Had to drive to the front office and request towels (multiple buildings, long walk, unsafe neighborhood, poorly lit parking lot, and it was cold and rainy) When I finally got my shower, hot water was not constant.. alternatiing from warm to scalding, to cold, and the shower curtain was mildewy and disgusting. Now, there were some positives.... the front desk staff WAS very friendly and as helpful as possible, the room surprisingly did'nt smell bad. Oh, one other thing.... when the maintance man was trying new bulbs for the broken lights.... he dropped one.... of course later, i was walking barefoot, stepped on something and instinctively flicked it off with my other foot...... bad move... it was glass, and of course, I cut my foot. Go figure. I ha ve stayed in this area numerous times. the motels there are not fancy, but reasonably priced, and I enjoy the area (old town Kissimmee) but this place is the pits..... avoid it if at all possible, pay the extra bucks for somewhere nicer.

Room Tip: from what I can tell, there are no good rooms here.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank regnadkcin
Hoboken, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

This was our second time visiting the Claremont Hotel in Kissimmee and in just a year it has become a total disaster. Although we encountered some inconveniences during our stay last year, management had been very nice and understanding enough to accommodate us. Upon arrival this time, we encountered a local tv news crew right in the front of the lobby interviewing management and what appeared to be people living here. A desk clerk later told us that the hotel had been unable to pay its utility bills and it was shutting down in a few weeks and that's why the news reporters and cameras were there. After about a half-hour (clerks could not find our reservations), we entered a room that was uninhabitable. My wife and I just laughed and returned to the desk. With a very bad attitude, the clerk gave us another room. Our tv did not have signal and our room had no towels. I called the office and they said they would be sending towels and a maintenance man to adjust the TV. The next morning, no one had arrived to bring us towels OR adjust the TV. I went behind it and noticed the cable was unplugged. As I tried to plug it in myself, I was shocked on my right arm by some electric cables emerging from a lamp that had been cut and merged together again . When our TV was finally receiving signal, we stumbled upon the morning news. To our horror, our hotel was on the featured news of that morning and the manager himself was explaining they were unable to pay their bills and they had too many state violations on their rooms. After this, we decided not to even try the breakfast and just go on to the theme parks and only come back to catch some sleep. When we returned that evening, I went hunting for a working ice machine and while my wife was taking a shower, one of the employees walked in the room and quickly closed the door. As I was coming down the other end of the stairs, I asked him what was going on and he took off shouting in Spanish to two other employees in the parking lot. They were laughing and screaming real loud. On our check-out day, we woke up to a broken windshield and $3 worth of quarters missing from our vehicle! Someone had broken the window to steal $3. We asked to speak to a manager in regards to all our inconveniences. We weren't concerned with getting our money back but we were baffled by all the disturbing things we had experienced and wanted to get the manager's perspective on all this. We had not had a chance to inform the manager about our parking lot incident, when to our amazement, he broke down and apologized, telling us that he was very sorry but that his hands were tied because the owner wasn't concerned with the condition of the property. It only took a few minutes for other employees to gather around and tell us how horrible things had gotten. My wife and I knew it was pointless to give feedback on our experience because no one cared to do anything. Even if they did care, they were powerless to help due to the cheap ownership. Everyone seemed to be indifferent to any complaints because the hotel would be closing down soon anyway. It is sad to see a hotel with so much potential and right in the middle of the Disney area crumbled down, but sadder to see other guests and employees affected by the greed of a mediocre ownership. Do yourself a favor and stay away from here!!! The Rodeway next door is the same price and you will not encounter all these issues or a local news crew right at the lobby.

Room Tip: Don't do it. You will lose much more by the end of your stay.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Seth B
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

This is really the worst hotel have been to in my life!!!! and believe me it was a nightmare when i stayed there. The hotel rooms are not as advertised they are horrible, humid, with old devastating odour. housekeepers never clean the rooms all they do is empty the waste bins, lay the bed (without changing the bed sheet even if you stay for more than 1 week) and that's all.
The staircases were disgusting, the elevators were that those from HORROR movie, there was NO wifi in the rooms except in the lobby, there breakfast was terrible with tea like mud water.
The management, and staff of this hotel are very terrible, rude, and extremely unprofessional.
Any positive review about this hotel may have been written by their Staff only!!
PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL except you want to experience an HORROR MOVIE!!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lopsy l
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

The hotel was never clean since day 1, from the inside and even from the outside. Spider webs were all over the place, specially when you're going up the stairs. The Housekeeping was garbage, I've noticed that all they do is change the trash cans and do the bed, That's how they define housekeeping. And no, the bed sheets/pillows were never replaced for my entire 10 day stay. In addition to that, my room had NO TOWELS at all for 4 days. It was just terrible and I wouldn't recommend anyone to go there and experience what I experienced. The management was even worse, which just explains why the hotel staff aren't motivated to put any effort in creating a good reputation for the hotel. Ohh, last but not least! they claim that they have wireless internet connection and fitness center. That's complete Bu*****t, internet can only be accessed when you're in the lobby, and not in your room and the fitness center never existed. Only thing I loved about this place was the chubby security guy. A fun person with an awesome sense of humor, God bless ya bro!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends