“Worst hotel, ever! Dirty, no WiFi, broken washers/dryers, terrible service!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Claremont Kissimmee Hotel

Claremont Kissimmee Hotel
Ranked #122 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Lake City, Florida
“Worst hotel, ever! Dirty, no WiFi, broken washers/dryers, terrible service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

This hotel has a great location, but that is it! They offered us 5 nights for $139, so we booked a room, so we could enjoy Disney World. The staff at the desk were young, and unprofessional. Ruben is apparently in 'charge' and didn't take care of my issues, and told me I could check out and go elsewhere. Problems: Hotel claims they offer WiFi, but they only have it in the 'common areas.' There is no WiFi in the 2 buildings near the back of the property. When I brought this to his attention, he said that no other guests have called the front desk to ask why there is none. Reason no one called? Probably because the phones don't work. Our didn't. No dial tone, but plugged in--the jack not secure in the outlet, it had fallen into the wall and was not accessible. I was very angry about not having WiFi in my room and walked to the front desk to inquire about it. The young Latina woman working there told me the problem was MY provider! I looked at her like she was crazy--THEY are providing the WiFi, not MY carrier! I told Ruben he would have to provide some compensation for this inconvenience--I had work to do online, and he told me if it was such an inconvenience, then I was free to check out and go somewhere else! They know they have you by the short hairs, because there are no other hotels with rooms--you are close to Disney and unless you make reservations way ahead, nothing is available. We were stuck there! Ruben told me WiFi is available in the 'common areas' and apparently this meant by the pool. When I asked a worker there about why there is no WiFi, he told me not to say anything, but the repeater for my building and the one in the rear has not been working for several months, or even longer! And Ruben and the gang insist there are no problems! So I got it straight from a worker there, the WiFi repeaters have not worked for a long time! I had to try to sit by the pool with my laptop and work.

Many problems! There is a laundry room, filthy! When I went to open the blinds at the north end, the entire blind fell out of the window! There are 5 washers and 5 dryers. Another guest told me that only one of each works--and she'd lost money in several of them trying to figure out which ones worked. One clearly was broken--a dryer--it had NO door on it! There was an odor of natural gas coming from in there, and huge valves on the wall. There is an independent contractor there at the pool, who makes pizzas. They also told me about many of the problems guests were having issues with. They did not work for the hotel, but rented part of the laundry building for their pizza business. Weird!

There are 3 pools, one is a hot tub. It did not work. None of the water was heated in the pools, although they claimed it was. The third pool was a smaller shallow kiddie pool. The pizza guys told me that all 3 pools use the same water, and none of it is heated and that the hot tub has not worked in a very long time! We were there 5 days and never say anyone cleaning the pool. The tables outside were broken, and so were many of the plastic chairs and loungers. One looked like it had had a fire on it--the table was melted! There was canvas coverings over some of the tables, small square enclosures that would have blocked some sun, if only the canvases were not ripped and hanging and flapping around in the wind! Terrible!

The grounds were unkempt! There were cigarette butts and litter everywhere. There was a narrow shallow ditch near the rear parking in which my mom stepped into and twisted her ankle and she FELL and hurt herself. She is 65, and she was okay, bruised and cut, but not bad enough to call 911. I wanted to call a lawyer!! There was not sign or traffic cones, nothing to warn you of this ditch! I don't even know what it was for!! But it had been there a long time--the grass was growing in it. It was not freshly dug, for sure!

Now, let's get back to the room...

PROS:

Great location
Free ice
Vending machines with sodas and chips, candy.
The price was cheap.
There was a small cube shaped refrigerator in the room, and it worked.
A very small coffee machine was provided, but the packets of coffee were terrible, and for some reason, they were dirty! Like they were very very old! Room service didn't even clean out the coffee machine, and I had to go to Publix across the street to buy decent coffee and filters to use!

CONS:

The A/C unit could not keep up and we were hot. There was no other room we could be moved to. Maintenance did nothing to even attempt to fix the A/C unit!
Unprofessional desk workers at the front, who gossiped about the guests in front of other customers!!
The phone didn't work at all in our room, no dial tone!.
When we checked in that first day, Ruben handed us one washcloth, one hand towel and one bath towel. That was IT! We didn't realize it until we got to our room, tired, and when we tried to call the front desk to ask for more, the phone was dead.
The floors had no carpet (a plus because it was easier to keep clean) but the fake wooden flooring was coming up everywhere!
The sink had nasty dark brown grout all around it! Gross!
The outlets were shoddy and ugly.
The showerhead had some kind of contraption on it--I still don't know what it was!
The curtain rod was flimsy, and fell out of the holder on the wall. See photos!
The grout in the bathroom and all in the sink area was disgusting, old, dark brown, just disgusting looking!
The bathroom floor was terrible, ugly, old, see photos! I can't even explain it!
The TV, while a 'new' flat LCD tv, offered nothing but fuzzy, unclear cable channels, and very few of them.
The alarm clock on the night table didn't work at all! I don't even know why it was there, it didn't come on when plugged in!
The dresser drawers had a terrible odor when you opened them, and we were not able to store anything in them due to the smell. Like very old, very disgusting furniture!
The mattresses were comfortable, but when we looked under the sheets, OMG, you don't even want to know! They were all stained and disgusting, as if they were 30 years old!
When room service came to clean our room, they didn't remove the fitted sheet, but they removed the flat one and didn't put it back on the bed--they left it folded on the bed so I would have to put it back on! WTH?!
They feather filled duvets on the bed were very very thin and there was no blankets at all. I was scared to even peek in the pillow cases at the pillows and was thankful I'd brought my own!
The dust ruffle on the beds were very old and dirty.
The paint was chipping and the walls cracked.
There were lamps in the room and half of them had light bulbs in them that did not work!
There exhaust fan in the bathroom did not work. The exhaust fan grill was corroded, old, filthy, SCARY looking! I kept imagining a camera might have been hidden inside of it!
The toilet WORKED but it was old and the caps to cover the bolts that held it anchored to the floor were missing, so you could see the old rusted bolts sticking up, yuck! The plumbing lines behind the toilet were corroded and old, very dirty!
Room service did not provide us with fresh towels or washcloths! We had to ASK for them, and they cleaning crew looked at us and then their clipboard, to see if we were allowed them ( or something?! ) as if each room was only allowed so many to use! Like we would steal them or something! The towels were clean though and smelled laundered.
The door to the room was very shoddy, the door could be moved when it was closed and locked--it was NOT secure at all and in the morning, when the sun was shining on our room, you could see how loose the door was--the sunlight coming right through the top and sides! See photo!
The curtain in the room was old and stained. The window was dirty and I saw some that were cracked.
They did provide us ample toilet paper, but we had to ask for it, and the toilet paper roll holder was very dirty, paint all over it, like whoever painted the room just didn't care at all. It was terrible.
The bathtub was clean, but we only took showers, and then there was that 'thing' on the shower head. No idea what it was!
The outlets were few are far in between. And the one I did use to plug in my laptop to charge the battery was very loose.
The little bar of soap (only ONE!) was of poor quality and would not lather. I had to buy more soap at Publix. Thank God for the Publix across the street! I had to buy shampoo and soap, coffee and filters, and some cleaning wipes because the whole place was so dirty! I never saw or heard the cleaning crew use a vacuum, not once! I don't know if the floor was dirty because I wore my house shoes the entire time!!

This was absolutely the WORST hotel I've ever stayed in. It was the crummiest, lousiest, ugliest, most dysfunctional hotel ever! Ruben and his crew at the front desk were rude, unprofessional and completely incompetent, not even caring that we brought some concerns to their attention. When I told them no one called about there being no WiFi because the phone was dead, he said he'd have the maintenance man check it. He never did! He told me he'd have the maintenance man 'reboot the WiFi router' but he KNEW that the repeaters for our building and the one behind us did not work! He made me out to look like a fool!

Do not, I repeat, do NOT stay at this hotel, even though the price is cheap! Here, you don't even get what you pay for, you get less, you get HELL! What it comes down to is that the staff knows you can't book a room anywhere else this close to Disney on short notice, and they've got you. They do NOT care if you have any complaints or concerns. And they lie to cover their butts. Just terrible! Worst. Hotel. EVER!!

Room Tip: If you want WiFi, make sure you get a room in the 2 buildings near the front of the complex, NOT the...
2 Thank M0llyB13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

This is a great value hotel, it was cheaper to stay here and do day trips elsewhere. the hotel is clearly being renovated but are clean enough, hot water, huge beds and rooms and pleasant staff. Stayed here longer than planned but at the price it was worth it! Definitely recommend and Ive travelled all over the world, staying in 5 star hotels that were worse than this and charged a heck of alot more!
Wifi was great, fantastic for working from.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

The people who run this hotel are the worst i have ever delt with in all my travels. To whoever owns this resort...get new staff! The beds are comfortable and the rokms are updated. That being said...the pool and hot tub are gross. There are never towels in the room and when you ask for them they act like it is a chore to get them for you. We tried to check in at one and were told we could not check in until three so we came back and then were told not until five. No the front desk peraon was lazy and didn't want to work. When we told him we were told to come back at three already, he got us a room in two minutes. This hotel needs to fire everyone from managers down and rehire staff that cares and with a few changes this hotel could be a diamond. But with the staff they have now they will continue to get bad reviews because the managers just don't care about their customers.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tami o

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

St. Augustine, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Claremonts stated they are equipped with, phone, coffee maker, the phone did not have a cord attached, there was no coffee maker but there were two packets of coffee. The hotel had an elevator, but it doesn't work. There was a remote for the bed that said sleep number but it didn't work either. The bathroom was awful, the grout was old and black, the tub was very stained, we stayed two nights, when the maid came she made one bed but not the other, didn't bring clean towels. The vending machines in the lobby was high priced but they didn't work so I walked a couple buildings down to gas station to buy pop and snacks. Had to pay extra for staying at a resort even though I prepaid in full before we arrived, the lock on the door had loose screws and anyone could have broken in easily. Wifi didn't always work.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chrissy H
State College, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed at the Claremont last week and were satisfied. Seriously folks... the price is very economical so you get what you pay for! You get the basics. We had a clean room, hot water, lots of towels, great room service and the WiFi worked great. The pillows were fluffy. There was a small refrigerator and a safe that you could lock away your valuables. I liked that the shower was separate room from the sink, so two people could get ready at the same time. The people at the desk were courteous and the breakfast was adequate ... and free. We had bagels and fresh brewed coffee. The location is great since it's quite close to Disney World and many stores and restaurants. There was a shuttle bus nearby I believe. I left an expensive electronic device behind and the staff was honest and helpful. They kept it safe for me and then even shipped it back to my home. If you are looking for a bargain, then this is the way to go. Save your money for dinner at the Magic Kingdom and sleep in a decent place. If you want "five star" accommodations and a five star price tag, then you should go to The Marriot or The Palace.

Room Tip: Some rooms have parking outside the door which might be nice for families w small children
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Rhonda M
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Resulting in our BIG mistake in booking our room there. Dirty towel left in bathroom, with dirty
bathtub. Broken counter top. The door had replaced doorknob & lock. It looked like it had been kicked in. The phone in the room was broken.

Room Tip: I don't think it's possible.
2 Thank JLLR005
St. Petersburg, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

This is by far the worst place I have ever stayed in! I arrived in Orlando for a conference a day early and decided to book into this hotel for an overnight to save some money. (always remember the cliche'... "you get what you pay for") I mentioned that I wanted internet so they gave me a room that supposedly had a "good connection." Perhaps this was so, because i saw several people standing outside in other locations with laptops in hand trying to get a connection, and it was cold and rainy out. My room...... the lights next to the bed would not work, I got a maintance man working outside the room to assist me... no knobs on the lights, lightbulbs burned out, eventually he got them on with a pair of pliers. The hotel sent an extension cord so I could plug the light into the switched outlet by the door. SO to have a light next to the bed, had to get up and switch it on. The TV reception was horrible... appropriate i guess because i was watching the winter Olympics through a "TV snowstorm." I went to take a shower, NO TOWELS!!!!!!! tried to call the front desk..... the phone has no cord, it is apparently just a prop. Tried to call on my cell........... no signal in the room. Had to drive to the front office and request towels (multiple buildings, long walk, unsafe neighborhood, poorly lit parking lot, and it was cold and rainy) When I finally got my shower, hot water was not constant.. alternatiing from warm to scalding, to cold, and the shower curtain was mildewy and disgusting. Now, there were some positives.... the front desk staff WAS very friendly and as helpful as possible, the room surprisingly did'nt smell bad. Oh, one other thing.... when the maintance man was trying new bulbs for the broken lights.... he dropped one.... of course later, i was walking barefoot, stepped on something and instinctively flicked it off with my other foot...... bad move... it was glass, and of course, I cut my foot. Go figure. I ha ve stayed in this area numerous times. the motels there are not fancy, but reasonably priced, and I enjoy the area (old town Kissimmee) but this place is the pits..... avoid it if at all possible, pay the extra bucks for somewhere nicer.

Room Tip: from what I can tell, there are no good rooms here.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business