“You get what you pay for” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Knights Inn Maingate Kissimmee/Orlando

Knights Inn Maingate Kissimmee/Orlando
Ranked #80 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Ottawa, Ontario
“You get what you pay for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2009

After reading the terrible reviews this Motel had, I was expecting the worst. It gave us what we paid for.

Rooms : Although the rooms are old and would need a facelift, it was clean, safe and decent. We had two double-beds with a full bathroom, a little table, two chairs, a safe, a telephone, a TV with full cable as well as a little fridge and microwave. We really can’t ask for much more at $30/night. The towels are old and scratchy a little, so I’d suggest bringing your own towels/face clothes. You will also need to bring your own shampoo/soap as they provide very little. Then again, it’s to be expected at the cheap price we pay. Although loud at times, the AC was working well and kept us cool. My only concern would be the water. I’m not sure if there is something bad with the water in the Orlando/Kissimmee area, but it has a really strong smell… So much that I had to use bottled water to brush my teeth. Again, it’s bearable if you spend minimal time in your room.

Internet : They say you have free wireless Internet access… and you do, but the router is not very good. We were given a room a few doors down the Lobby and we still could not get enough reception to get online. Although, when my boyfriend sat in the lobby, he had full reception. So if you want to keep your internet access to a bare minimum, it is POSSIBLE to have access but only from the lobby. If you’re planning on working online for hours, forget about it. They don’t have any work station open to the public either. You need to bring your own laptop/Iphone.

Amendeties : There is a small pool and although I haven’t been in it, there was almost always someone in it, so I figure it was alright. The “free continental breakfast” they advertise is lame. Two timbits (one-bite donuts) per person is the limit and they’re cheap, stale ones from the grocery store. The juice is watered down and I haven’t tried their coffee. This did not bother us as the location was great and was surrounded by many restaurants, at different prices. We asked where them where their Ice Machines were and they told us to go get our ice at the Ramada Inn beside our Hotel… Don’t expect to get any free Ice at Knights Inn!

Location : It is greatly located with lots of restaurants around. Local bus service is available right in front of the hotel, there’s a grocery store across the street, a bunch of souvenir shops, etc. For the restaurants, at less than 5 minutes walk, there is a Sizzler’s, Ponderosa and a Perkins. Sizzlers and Ponderosa’s offer $3,99 breakfast buffet which were both ok, but a little more greasy than what I am used to in Canada. If you want to walk a little further, you get to all the different fast food restaurants, (McDonald’s, Burger King, Wendy’s), pizza chains (cici’s, etc) and Golden Coral. There is also a few activities available at a walking distance, such as mini-putt.

Shuttles : We mainly picked this hotel because of its cheap price but also because of the free shuttles to Universal Studios and Disney World. We did not have a car, so this point was extremely important to us. At this time of the year, they had two different scheduled time for shuttles to Disney world and four different return times; Which gives you to options to sleep-in in the morning or not; come back before, or after dinner, at night. For Universal, they only had one shuttle to go and come back every day but since this park is smaller, it was all we needed. Based on 7 days of using the shuttles, I can confirm that the shuttles usually ran on time, with the exception of one night when the shuttle was about 40 minutes late to bring us back to our hotel. Be ready to stand on the bus though as we rarely got seats to sit on. They pack the shuttles as packed as they can.

Overall, considering the price and what we got, I think it was totally worth it and we would definitely recommend it to young couples/families on a budget who simply want a place to stay over night without spending much time in the room. If you’re planning on spending a lot of free time in the room or work at night, I suggest going somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Anikabella

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Tampa Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2009

Our stay nice and quite. The rooms were clean and neat. Had a very nice stay, I would definetly stay there again. Good value for the money.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Brazil
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2009

I liked the hotel because it's near disney world and we didn't stay a lot of time in the hotel, we just go there to sleep. The front desk was very helpfull, they help us to get tickets to all the parks and tell us where to buy all the things that we want.

• Stayed April 2009
1 Thank Marcelociocca
vancouver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2009

I went to this hotel with some friends and it cost me very expensive for what it is. The bathroom was dirty, I think the cleaners didn't clean at all. There was some hairs on my bed, thats why I couldn't sleep. I even heard my neighbor say that there was a cockroach in the toilet. I wouldn't even recommend this hotel to a friend. The persons working there were not even friendly and the morning breakfast was horrible!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank williamp
JousterWife
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2009

This was the WORST hotel I've stayed in. I am always searching for the best deal through the discount websites, corporate websites, Orbitz...wherever. I always thought you got what you paid for, so don't think you're going to get a super hotel for 25.00 night. We went to Pleasure Island and just wanted a place to crash and change, not swim or relax. Well, I wish I didn't stay here, because it was filthy! I never took my shoes off, slept in my jeans, there were stains in the toilet, the tub was stained, the sink was rusty, the mirror in the bathroom was tainted and cracked and then the artwork had a huge crack in the frame. Just...wow. Then, when we went out to get something to eat and returned to our room, the girl that checked us in was living tin he room next to us - complete with plants and a family. I know times are tough, but don't put guests next to you. That part was a bit strange.
The parking lot was not well lit, the pool looked unclean and well....I wanted to make sure I passed down this info. It's a great deal, because its cheap. But, I wouldn't recommend a family get away unless your budget is really really really low. You're better off finding someplace different.
*shivers*

• Stayed February 2008, travelled with friends
5 Thank JousterWife
New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2009

My family and I stayed in this motel for our Disney vacation. This is the most horrible motel I have stayed at. Front desk staff is not concerned about any issues one brings up to their attention. They provided us with extremely small and filthy bath towels. When I informed the front desk staff, they did not apologize or promise cleaner towels. The cover on the exhaust fan and lights fell down when my son was taking shower. He barely escaped getting hurt. Again, the front desk staff was not affected by this. They advertise that they provide free continental breakfast. They provide only donuts, coffee and orange juice. They have a sign that says they will stop any guest taking more than two donuts as other guests will be deprived of the donuts. My wife and/or I would go to the very small breakfast area and would bring back donuts, coffee and orange juice to the room. Since the kids would be in the room, we would have liked to bring some donuts for them. But these guys would not flinch at stopping you from bringing a few more donuts. They should not be using the word "Continental".

Please stay away from this motel. Only good thing is the price. I would rather drive and save monies so I could stay at a decent motel than stay at this extremely dirty motel with a cold staff.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank DisappointedCust
Centurion, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2009

Kay family, Pretoria, South Africa
We stayed at this hotel over Christmas 2008 and still found it very good value for money after having been there a few years before. We do not think this hotel deserves the unfavourable comment some individuals have posted about it. We even had a nice swim in December in the heated pool.
Positive aspects that we experienced:
• Very affordable
• Well situated. Ponderosa across the road provides an excellent buffet breakfast for $3.99 to fill you up for the days fun. It is surrounded by many factory shops providing some good shopping.
• Free shuttle service to the Disney parks

Less positive aspects:
• Shuttle not always on time.
• If you prefer nice and thick towels – rather take your own.

We are recommending it to friends and will be back again! “sal weer terug wees”.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with family