“Convenient - you get what you pay for.”

Rodeway Inn Maingate
Ranked #58 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This is the most inexpensive hotel with shuttle I have found in the Disney area. I have stayed there twice now, and will be staying again in a few weeks.

The first time, I paid $35 a night with my AAA discount. I just stayed this past Saturday night, and I paid $49 with AAA (Spring break...)

The hotel is in a convenient location to restaurants (Waffle House and Ihop are next door, there are several more restaurants down the street within walking distance) and to touristy shops and Walgreens.

It also has a free shuttle to and from EPCOT, where you can get on Disney buses or "trains" to the other parks. There is a free breakfast which is very basic, but it is fine.

The room itself, well, you get what you pay for. The carpet was fraying and dirty looking. In our last room (8111) there were cobwebs all over the walls. In our first room (5 something...) there were tiny ants in the sink. But, you don't go to Kissimmee to hang out in your hotel room, I suppose! We went to EPCOT on Sunday on the 8:05 shuttle and came back around 9pm. :)

Overall, it's fine if you just need a bed to sleep in in a safe location. The beds were indeed clean, as was the bathroom! :)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank uwwgal21

Reviewed 21 March 2012

I think this is one of the closest hotels to Disney we have ever stayed besides on the propery! So that was the best thing about this hotel. We had an easy check-in, nice lady. They gave us a smoking room but we had to change that, the next room was not the best. Carpet had a big bulge in it to trip on, and it was very, very basic and dated. It was a $20 room so I was excited to have a bed to sleep on, and a hot shower after being at the Parks all day. No breakfast like they say just muffin and juice. They have free scheduled shuttle to Magic kingdom, and close to parks so it was nice for the fact we stayed out all day. Would stay again just for shower and sleep and cheap room.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank disneyrocksFlorida
Reviewed 6 March 2012

this hotel is a good deal.It is a basic room that is clean. The carpet was old the air worked great, the pool was salt water and heated.I would stay again well worth the $30 a nite

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank susie c
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My son and I just returned from our stay at the rodeway Inn for the holiday weekend. I'm not sure how people could give this place glowing reviews. It was clean enough I suppose but it was dingy,old,worn and just generally a dump. It looks as if it hasn't been updated for decades. The rug was so nasty looking and it was actually so frayed around the edges that the fibers were sticking up in clumps near the bathroom door. There was no microwave or fridge and the t.v got limited channels. The a/c looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in forever and there was even a dead roach in the grating. Breakfast consisted of 3 kinds of cereal, bagels and juice, milk or coffee. No fruit, no yogurt...nothing. Would I ever stay here again? NO! I guess you truly get what you pay for and if it hadn't been for the fact that most of the nicer lower priced hotels were either booked solid or there rates were raised for the holiday...I would have chosen someplace else...I suggest you do the same.

Room Tip: Ask for room in building 1 or 2 otherwise you have go drive all the way around all the buildings.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Aidansmommy1
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Have stayed there a few times with no major problems. This last trip some towels were missing and coffee "items" hadn't been replaced. One night no fitted sheet for bed, but no problem. Pool area is really nice . Quiet but should have night time security..

Room Tip: If you are allergic to animals, insist you get a room that hasn't had pets in it.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gary m
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Stayed here twice on our vacation-January 28/2012 and February 3rd. This a traditional older Disney area hotel - 4 two storey buidings in a cluster surrounding a pool. Restaurant and lobby at front. Check-in was quick and easy, the room although showing it's age was clean with plenty of hot water and decent a/c, one of the comfier beds I've slept in, and there is an excellent continental breakfast included in the rate. There are newer, fancier hotels, but not at $29 per night with breakfast. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JMHPelham_Ont_
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Having stayed there before and found it to be good value for money we decided to do a one night stop over before flying out to New York the next day. Located right at the end of the road to the airport makes it a great location for doing just that.

They found us a disabled room at our request on the ground floor which was very helpful.

The pool was small but adequate with plenty of loungers and chairs provided..

The breakfast was ample for what we needed.

All in all - good value for money at an unpretentious hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple