“Good bargain, great location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn Maingate

Rodeway Inn Maingate
Ranked #52 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Phillipsburg
“Good bargain, great location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2008

I just got back from Orlando - spent 8 nights at the Rodeway Inn Maingate in Kissimmee and have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel. The rate per night was just under $50 so you never really know what to expect. We arrived late on Friday night and the hotel desk staff was processing 2 other guests in front of me. The check in process went very quickly, the staff was very friendly and I was out in about 7 minutes (good considering 2 guests in front of me). The room was a good size with 2 double beds, 2 dressers, a table, TV/remote in good working condition and a small bathroom with tub and shower. The beds themselves were comfortable (alittle on the soft side but ok) but the pillows were flat...I used 2 and that worked just fine. The only "problem" I had was I had requested a mini-refrigerator in my room (which does cost an extra $5 a night) and there was none in the room. No big deal...I called the front desk and one was sent right up. We did notice a fairly good sized pool near our building but my son and I were too tired to go swimming at night after full days in the theme parks...the good news was there were constantly people swimming so I imagine it was pretty good. Housekeeping staff was very friendly and did a good job. The room was clean as were all the linens and towels everyday. As for location, you can't beat it unless you're staying on Disney property. We were literally 2.5 miles from the DIsney parks, 10 miles from Universal Studios (I-4 is 1/2 mile away), and Sea World was 6 miles. We also spent a day at the Kennedy Space Center which turned out to only be a 45 - 50 minute ride. The hotel is on Irlo Bronson Highway so you're surrounded by hundreds of restaurants, clubs, shops, supermarkets, fast food places and you are virtually across the street from Old Towne. (BTW, don't use the Goodies supermarket 2 blocks away for anything, they're RIDICULOUSLY overpriced. Drive the mile in the other direction to the Publix!) Overall, this was a great bargain, particularly if you're planning on spending most of your time in the theme parks. I would definately stay here again and would recommend it for families especially.

• Liked — The location was phenomenal.
  • Disliked — Wish there'd be a microwave available.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2008

We went to florida for a week in mid-August and It was the worst time to go. It was raining the whole time. We bought tickets to Universal Studios and couldn't even enjoy them because of the rain. So we spent the whole week in our room. The lady in the front desk was so rude from day one. She ignored us when we went to check in as if we were invisible and any questions we asked she would sigh and roll her eyes with an attitude like she was too busy to answer me. We had booked our room online and everything was taken care of when we got there. Our room had a kitchen and a bathroom. All the rooms were small and a little smelly but ok for the price. The Tv was messed up in our room and we had to call the front desk twice before some one showed up to "try" to fix it. After a while he got it to work but it was really staticy and had tape on it holding the cable cord on the tv. We traveled with our two year old daughter so it was nice when they lent us a portable crib (no charge) which was nice. We couldn't enjoy the pool because of the rain but it looked pretty nice. All in all it was ok. You get what you pay for. Cheap service, cheap room. Great Price.

• Liked — price and pool
  • Disliked — service, room, staff, smell,
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2008

The best thing this hotel has going for it is the pool! The pool was clean and wonderful, but thats about it. We drove to Florida from Ohio and drove straight throw. We arrived early and check in wasn't until 4:00pm. Seems how we've been up and driving for 18 hours we thought the Rodeway Inn would not mind if we checked in a little early. Wrong! They said no, check in was not until 4:00. So as tired as we were we drove some more to a park not to far by and sat there for awhile to wait. We were starting to fall asleep on the bench so we drove back to the hotel. Finally got checked in. I booked my room online so everything was taken care of so I thought. I was charged what they said was $30.06 for surcharges (two rooms for 6 nights at 2.50 per day). We finally make it to our rooms and I called my card company to make sure all charges made were ok. Wrong again! My card company tells me they charged not $30.06 but $50.00. So I go to the front desk to fix the problem but again no luck. They denied the whole thing. (got home and checked online and yes they took $50.00 not $30.06). Not only did they take the $50.00 but when I checked out I was told that the $30.06 was going to be returned to my card. Wrong! They charged my card again for the $30.06. I'm still waiting to get this fixed. Not only was there problems with the over charging but with the rooms as well. No fitted sheets only flat sheets, pillows were not fluffy but flat, and some of the rooms smelled bad. The first room we were in (were moved twice for no hot water in the rooms) the door did not shut right. You had to pick up on the door to get it to shut. Then we were standing out side and watched the maintenance man let some lady in her room( because she was locked out) without checking to see if that was even her room. Guess what....it wasn't her room. After a few minutes in their she comes out and said " this isn't my room". I worked at a hotel and anyone who does knows that thats a big mistake. You NEVER let anyone who's locked out in without checking front desk to verify that was their room. Not only did they let some lady in the wrong room but my son got locked out and he went right up to the front desk and they made him a key without verifying he was in that room. They just asked what room he was in. Thank God he was my son and somebody else, they would of gotten in. After moving us to a different room due to no hot water, my boyfriend left in cell phone charger in the other room. I called front dest to get it but guess what.....they couldn't find it. We still don't have it. Not only have I worked at a hotel but every year we go to Florida (love the state) and stay in hotels, and NEVER have I never had such a bad experience. I will never stay at a Rodeway Inn again.

• Liked — The pool
  • Disliked — The over charges
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank ChicaOhio
Vineland, Nj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2008

After reading mixed reviews, I was a bit aprehensive. However, my room was fine. All was in good shape, in working order, and clean. The motel is older, but the grounds seemed well-maintained. I got a great price, and a comfortable room that met my needs. For budget travelers like me, it was a good choice.

• Liked — convenient, clean, reasonable price
  • Disliked — could use some updating
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled solo
3 Thank Bob984
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2008

We stay for only one night, but the general experience was quite good. The reception desk was well staffed (at 11:00 PM) and they were quick and polite, so was check out, very fast. The rooms were clean and fairly new, good beds, so-so linens, rather small TV set, even the rug was fairly clean (for hotels standards), the bathroom was clean with no visible signs of mold at all (sorry, no hairdryers or irons). The rooms are bigger than other motels. Of course the free breakfast was a joke (what do you expect for the price of the room, around $41 with all taxes and fees) just coffee, watered down orange juice and some muffins and mini doughnuts, but it works (they have a Waffle House next door for more substantial breakfasts at an affordable price). The location is a winner, no more than 1 mile from I-4, 5 minutes from the main entrance to Disney World and 10 minutes to Downtown Disney and the Lake Buena Vista area... If you are going to spend 2 to 4 nights in the Orlando area and are going to visits the Disney parks all you need is a clean room for the night (you will be too tired to do anything else), this motel is your best bet. If you are spending more time in Orlando you will need a hotel with more frills, so look elsewhere. I MYSELF WILL GO THIS MOTEL AGAIN.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — otuside passegeways
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
6 Thank Siroco
Lucedale, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2008

We decided two days beforehand to go to Orlando and Disney. I had enough choice points for a free night at this rodeway. I got the remaining three nights for 35.00 per night.
When we arrived there was a little confusion over the free night stay probably because Choice just started dealing with rodeway. We were assigned a room and when we got to it the maid was still cleaning (4:20 p.m.) She said (or at least I think she said in very broken English) that the room "no ready for long time". Back to the front desk we went. They apologized and upgraded our room for free (with fridge, micro, and better view of pool).
Room was older but clean and in fairly good shape. Maid service was quite good. Beds were tolerable. Water pressure was not very good and I spent more time trying to adjust the water temperature than actually bathing since any water use in a 10 room radius greatly affected the temp. "Continental Breakfast" was coffee, juice and little packs of mini donuts that we snagged for snacks in the parks. We ate breakfast in one of the buffets down the street.
The pool looked good but since it was 35 degrees f. most of our stay, we stayed dry.
Overall a decent, safe, hotel for the money. What do you expect for $35 dollars a night, Disney? If all you're gonna do there is sleep, give it a try.

• Liked — price and location
  • Disliked — water pressure and temperature
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
5 Thank jhg155
Fort Lauderdale, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2007

The motel is close to Disney. The room was clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable. It is excellent for the budget minded traveler. I would stay there again.

Stayed December 2007