“Good Value”

Rodeway Inn Maingate
Ranked #60 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We were only staying for one night before we checked into Bonnet Creek. I knew it wouldn't be the same as the next few nights but for an inexpensive place to stay it met our needs. If i ever come down and am not able to stay in my Timeshare I will consider this motel. I am a bit picky with places to stay but the price was right and it was clean.

You can tell the motel is an older place but somethings are to be expected in this area. I will definitely stay here again if it is needed. If you are doing Disney on a budget then I think this is a good option.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 January 2014

the basic rooms are cheap, because you get a tiny little tv, no microwave or fridge. It is a very basic hotel and the location is close to I4, Disney, Old Town, etc. If you want a great location, this is it. The NEGATIVE is they actually charge a resort fee and they ARE NOT a resort, by any means. The gentleman said they charge it because they are in a resort area, seriously, just advertise the real price and don't mess with people when you get there. The breakfast is a joke, I have seen better on gas station counters. Why even bother.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank pjfletcherf1968
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Nothing fancy, but a good place to stay. Our room was clean, quiet, but a bit well-worn: some stains, a few bumps and bruises on the walls, but just cosmetic stuff. Parking can get a bit limited sometimes near the back of the hotel, but it is free. The breakfast is just barely enough to be called that: juice, coffee, fresh oranges, instant oatmeal and bagels (Lenders, individually wrapped in plastic) with butter and cream cheese. It's food, but not very enjoyable, so don't go just for the breakfast!
But it's so close to the parks; just a 5-15 min drive to anywhere Disney. We're year-round passholders to WDW so we use inexpensive hotels outside the park often. This is a good default hotel for us. Incidentally, our room on the latest stay was 6124, so the very rearmost building: no traffic. We stayed over Christmas 12/23 to 12/29/13, when it's most expensive, and it was still a great bargain.

Room Tip: go for the rear of the property
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DB3141
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Front Desk staff was great. Hotel is dated, but very clean. Rooms were clean and mattresses on beds was very firm, which my husband likes but I don't. Room was smaller than I've seen in other hotel-motels. Place was set up kind of like a motel 6. Continental breakfast was very basic with bagels, oatmeal, and oranges and the eating area was located at the opposite end of our room. Coffee pot in our room had broken lid, however it was still useable. We had to get sugar and creamer from the front desk. One of the beds was made with a flat bottom sheet so I did have to go to housekeeping to get a fitted bottom sheet. I guess that where short staffed the day that we visited. Over all, if you want to get a cheap, clean hotel room that has no frills and firm mattresses, that is close to Disney main gate, than this hotel would be a good choice. Lots of shopping, eating places, and fun spots to visit in the area. Located off the main street.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank WorkingMomWA
Reviewed 7 January 2014

After reading the less than stellar reviews of this hotel, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked staying here. The rooms were clean, the beds were very comfortable, housekeeping came every day and did a great job, We had a microwave and a mini fridge with a pool facing room. The front desk went out of their way to be helpful and were very pleasant. The pool was very clean, there were plenty of lounges and it stayed open until 11 each night. Being from Michigan and never having eaten at Waffle Houses, we utilized them everyday so I can't comment on the hotel breakfast. We did grab a glass of OJ, and a couple of bagels/cream cheese on our way out one day. The only discordant note in our stay here, and it was nothing to do with the hotel itself, was the shuttle to the parks. We drove down and had our own car but one afternoon, we decided to take the shuttle into the parks and it was 2 hours late. The front desk called several times and even asked the shuttle company to send a taxi for us but evidently it was a problem with the roads being shut down. This hotel is not brand new and shiny but several times, I saw someone painting and doing maintenance so they do upkeep on a regular basis. Overall, I liked this hotel a lot and would stay there again and would recommend to a friend.

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms, with microwave and mini fridge.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I just stayed at this motel property from 12/25 through 12/30. The property is very conveniently located to the Disney theme parks, literally an easy 2 mile drive straight down 192. Entry to room is from the outdoors. The room was clean and well kept during my stay and featured a coffee maker, refrigerator, and microwave all in good working order. I though it was good value for the price.

The complex has an outdoor pool as well as a guest laundry with several machines. There is an Enterprise car rental in the lobby. Within a 2 minute walk is a Waffle House, IHOP, CVS, and Starbucks. A Publix grocery store is located across the (busy) street.

The advertised included breakfast is coffee/tea, orange juice, and pre-packaged bagels. No butter or jelly is available although cream cheese is. Since I prefer to eat a big breakfast I simply went to the IHOP.

All in all I was pleased with the location and value of this facility.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Room is very good .. but wifi. Net not working. .breakfast is just for name.we stay 6 nights everything is good but net signal is so poor. We have in room with kitchen .is very nice and clean .parking is free and is closed to all park and HWY.

Room Tip: Good .. keep your laysol. Spray when you go to hotel stay so you can do sanitize all thing you self.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family