“We always stay here now”

Rodeway Inn Maingate
Ranked #60 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Our family has officially stayed at the Rodeway Maingate 5 times now. This is mostly due to the amazingly low cost, as we are only there to visit Disney World for the weekend. It has always been clean even though it as an old hotel & our non-smoking rooms have never smelled of smoke. The free breakfast is an unadvertised perk. The location is perfect for visiting WDW. It's less than 15 minutes to any of the parks. The comfort of the beds is hit or miss, but we've only had one bed that we were just not capable of sleeping on & we gave that one to the kids. LOL As always, bring your own pillow.
I'm not giving a higher rating because it is an economy hotel. It wouldn't be my first choice if I wanted to hang out at the hotel for an extended time. Also, the yogurt and milk have been removed from the breakfast (apparently this is due to non-delivery & a broken milk dispenser) effectively reducing it to bagels, instant oatmeal & fruit. At the price I pay for the room, I really can't complain about the food that's offered. It's a great savings to our family. It just that we had been relying on that as our breakfast, and as a diabetic I need some form of protein, so we were surprised that it had changed. A stop at the Publix across the street supplied my breakfast & everyone else was fine. The last trip we took, I just brought my own breakfast foods. My only other complaint is that the woman in charge of breakfast always acts annoyed if you ask questions and doesn't seem to speak much English, which makes communicating with her difficult.
I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for somewhere clean and affordable to rest your head.

3  Thank Jenny B

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were disappointed after the one of the other discount sites picked this for us. Here is our story:
A couple of months ago, we stayed here while visiting the parks. After stating I have allergies and asthma, we were given a room that had such a strong smell of smoke throughout our two night stay. We did notice ash trays in the room, but the front desk insisted we were given a smoke-free room (and also no other rooms were available). However, when we walked around the hotel, we noticed multiple rooms that were unoccupied. Upon getting in the room, we called the front desk from one of our cell phones and asked if they had vacancy. They said, 'Plenty"

So, in addition to being lied to about being put in a non-smoking room with 2 ash trays, we were lied to about vacancies when we asked to switch rooms. And, since I hate liars, the next time we got this room via the discount site, we decided to cut our losses and travel down the road to find another hotel. We figured, although it was a loss, we would not endure the torture we had to the first time.

BTW, a tip: bring your own bed! Theirs are so saggy and squeeky no sleep will ever happen.

Room Tip: Bring your own bed!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ndmjax78
Reviewed 28 May 2014

really like the staff,clean not great but better than some i have stay especially affordable,i would stay again great location close to stores and attractions,so if you need affordable great place to go

Room Tip: stay on the sides with out the pool
1  Thank Ronale H
Reviewed 27 May 2014

A very clean and nice hotel for an amazingly low price. I liked bright rooms with enough amount of lights and pleasant pictures on the walls. Hotel service was also an irreplaceable part of my good memories. They politely let me extend my stay in the same room upon request. Breakfast is not worth waking up too early, though.

Room Tip: It's harder to get to buildings 7 and 8 by car
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is typical motel - drive in. It has 2 floors, very hard to walk on stairs with luggage. Room is simple, little bit old furniture, clean bathroom with towels, working WIFI.
There is breakfast included but bad, just donuts, cofee, juice... and kitchen is smelling bad..
Very simple, price is quivalent to service

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rychtar84
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed here in May 2014. We weren't really sure what to expect because we got the room at a really cheap rate. We were pleasantly surprised when we opened the door! The room was kept nice and clean (although the carpeting could use some attention). The staff was very nice and accommodating and the pool was beautiful. The breakfast wasn't impressive at all, but what do you expect for the price? There's an IHOP just 2 doors up and we just went there for breakfast. Speaking of which, the location is great! There's a gas station 2 doors down (Race Track) that you can get refillable fountain sodas cheap and their service there is impressive. There's a 7-Eleven across the street and there's also an Uncle Joe's Crab Shack, Boston Lobster Feast, and Waffle House within easy walking distance. Also, there's a CVS, Golden Corral, and Old Town Kissimmee (attraction) just minutes away. All in all, you get all the bang for your buck and then some. If I was going to complain about anything it would be that the hotel doesn't have a computer for guests to use to check in for flights and the staff isn't supposed to do it for you. I did get them to check me in for my return flight without any problems but they did let me know that they aren't supposed to do it. Other then that, it's more then we expected!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John3sixteen
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This Rodeway Inn is your typical low budget motel. Its older and pretty worn but it could be a fairly good deal depending on your needs. If you just need a place to sleep at the end of a long day, it will probably suffice.

PROS:
1) Great Location. Right on 192 by lots of stores and restaurants. Disney is a quick and easy drive right up World Dr.
2) Inexpensive. Rooms are cheap. I was able to book a room for $20 a night.
3) Housekeeping is reliable. I constantly saw them cleaning rooms, changing sheets.
4) AC was quiet and worked great.
5) Rooms were pretty spacious.

CONS:
1) This place is in need of some "real" repairs. The Bondo patch job in our bathtub was laughable. It needs to be replaced. Paint was peeling in bathroom, exhaust fan sounded like a jet taking off, front door didn't shut properly, sink drained slowly, carpets were filthy.
2) Room smelled like a weird combination of mustiness and air freshener.
3) Furniture and TV were very outdated.
4) WiFi was spotty and TV had only a dozen or so channels.
5) Our room didn't have a frig or microwave.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eirila