Rodeway Inn Maingate
US$259
US$252
Clarion Suites Maingate(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$75
ClarionHotels
Quality Inn & Suites By The Parks(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$103
QualityInn
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$119
QualityInn
US$208
US$179
  • Pool
Polynesian Isles Resort(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$153
Liki Tiki Village(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$121
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Maingate East(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$159
Star Island Resort and Club(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$107
US$409
US$239
Cancelon
  • Pool
All reviewswaffle houseroom was cleanold townpoolside roombudget hotelbreakfast includednice pooltheme parklynxmaintenancewdwpublix
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I booked 2 rooms. I traveled with my daughter and 5 of my grandchildren. We stayed for 7 nights. Front desk staff was very friendly. The reason for only 3 stars is the fact that I had to keep requesting towels for the 4 of us staying in our room....maids kept leaving only two. I kept writing notes requesting service for 4 but that request usually got ignored. I don't think the maids could read English....because one of the couldn't understand English when I asked her a question.

The beds were comfortable and the linens clean, the room could have been a little cleaner as the carpet and tile bathroom floor made the bottoms of our feet black. I had a small spill in the bathroom and wiped it up with a tissue....the tissue turned black leading me to believe the floor rarely, if ever, gets scrubbed. However, the room was quiet and right off the pool, which was beautiful, clean and enjoyed a bunch by my grandchildren.

There were roaches all over outside every night, but I don't think there was a problem in the rooms because I got up every night to use the bathroom and did not once see a roach anywhere. And my daughter never saw a hint of one in her room. However, having said that, there was a dead roach (I said dead) in the bathroom light fixture and one morning there was a dying roach on its back in front of our dresser. And on the next to the last day, there was a huge roach in our tub. But like I said...I don't think there was an inside infestation. I think these pests must have come in under the door. I used to live in SC and that's what would happen occasionally to us.

There was a mini fridge and microwave in our room as well as a tv, alarm clock and free wifi (which was slow). Breakfast consisted of plain bagels and cream cheese, oat meal, coffee, tea and juice. Adequate for the price we paid for the rooms.

There was a Golden Corral 3 doors away from us on one side, and an iHop just next door on the other side. There was a nice gift shop attached to the motel. It was easy to find and very easy to get to the Disney Parks. We were able to get there in 5 to 10 minutes, depending on traffic.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I couldn't wait to inform others about my opinion about this place. It's our first day here and as night falls came, the "freaks" come out...I'll describe later. It looks decent when we first enter the lobby. The receptionist wanted to charge another fee for having a micro-fridge in our room on top of their RESORT FEE and SAFE FEE. You have to add these fees on top of your room rate to get close figure of the cost per night. We got our room which was round about near the Waffle House...close gate though. One way in, one way out. Anyway, from the look in the outside, this place is already rundown. It has faded paint and old walkway along the rooms. We finally walk in and didn't feel slight excitement inspite of no foul smell or hot and came with micro-fridge...I remember requesting these amenities added in my reservation...a plus for this establishment for accommodation. The bed is hard and springy. It only came with a pillow for four that is flatten easily once you lay your head on it. The sheets looks fresh and clean but the spring matresses are worned out.
The bathroom has a clean floor but mold/stain along the grout and caulking area. The carpet is dark red in color and don't want to find out that is dirty by walking around on a bare feet. Although it have enough lighting, the room still not bright even after turning on all the lights. Front desk seem nice but we had a hard time getting her on the phone. I had to walk in the lobby to speak to her. Here's my description of "freaks." We were walking back in our room from a late night run for a snacks and we meet a big belly man on his short only and a woman companion in a robe, smoking just outside their room. I greeted the two but seem unfaze from where they were standing. Ahead and in the corner is another man standing, looking around. We hear people talking out loud and car chirping from door lock and unlock from inside our room. Maybe, they just arrive??? We were just in a REAL resort(classy) before we got here but we can tell the type of people between extravagant and extremely budget conscious. Extravagant seem approachable versus you don't feel like approaching the extreme budget conscious. It's only my opinion as I had mentioned in my first sentence. No harm intention.
We were only drawn to this place because of the review ratings were a little better than the ones I had researched. This place is not that bad for a budget conscious person. If you only needed a place to sleep after a day's hard work, this is the place to stay. If you want to treat it like you're in resort, you're in a wrong place and fork up more $$ to really enjoy your R&R. Their shuttle only makes two trips to and only one Disney Resort. You will need to transfer to a Disney bus to get to another Disney resort. Additionally, it has a Disney store at a discounted prices. Cinsider the outside stores first for Disney items before buying in the Disney Resort or Downtown Disney. You'll be glad that you'll have more money in your pocket. If new things comes up between my stay and departure, I'll add another review.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Travelers330
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed here the end of March. The location is great but the service was lacking. We went as a family and had 3 rooms which we reserved 6 months in advance so that we would be together since we had small children. When we checked in first the man who worked the night desk couldn't find the reservation and so we ended up not only not being close but in differnt buildings!
While we were there we had family surprise us and drive up from Fort Lauderdale. They also rented rooms at the same hotel. The day they arrived it was pouring down rain and storming. We asked to use the room where they serve breakfast and they told me that it would cost $300 to rent the room for a couple hours. There were 20 of us ALL RENTING ROOMS THERE and they want to charge $300 for us to sit & visit in a room!!! Not very good customer service in my book.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Our family has officially stayed at the Rodeway Maingate 5 times now. This is mostly due to the amazingly low cost, as we are only there to visit Disney World for the weekend. It has always been clean even though it as an old hotel & our non-smoking rooms have never smelled of smoke. The free breakfast is an unadvertised perk. The location is perfect for visiting WDW. It's less than 15 minutes to any of the parks. The comfort of the beds is hit or miss, but we've only had one bed that we were just not capable of sleeping on & we gave that one to the kids. LOL As always, bring your own pillow.
I'm not giving a higher rating because it is an economy hotel. It wouldn't be my first choice if I wanted to hang out at the hotel for an extended time. Also, the yogurt and milk have been removed from the breakfast (apparently this is due to non-delivery & a broken milk dispenser) effectively reducing it to bagels, instant oatmeal & fruit. At the price I pay for the room, I really can't complain about the food that's offered. It's a great savings to our family. It just that we had been relying on that as our breakfast, and as a diabetic I need some form of protein, so we were surprised that it had changed. A stop at the Publix across the street supplied my breakfast & everyone else was fine. The last trip we took, I just brought my own breakfast foods. My only other complaint is that the woman in charge of breakfast always acts annoyed if you ask questions and doesn't seem to speak much English, which makes communicating with her difficult.
I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for somewhere clean and affordable to rest your head.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jenny B
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were disappointed after the one of the other discount sites picked this for us. Here is our story:
A couple of months ago, we stayed here while visiting the parks. After stating I have allergies and asthma, we were given a room that had such a strong smell of smoke throughout our two night stay. We did notice ash trays in the room, but the front desk insisted we were given a smoke-free room (and also no other rooms were available). However, when we walked around the hotel, we noticed multiple rooms that were unoccupied. Upon getting in the room, we called the front desk from one of our cell phones and asked if they had vacancy. They said, 'Plenty"

So, in addition to being lied to about being put in a non-smoking room with 2 ash trays, we were lied to about vacancies when we asked to switch rooms. And, since I hate liars, the next time we got this room via the discount site, we decided to cut our losses and travel down the road to find another hotel. We figured, although it was a loss, we would not endure the torture we had to the first time.

BTW, a tip: bring your own bed! Theirs are so saggy and squeeky no sleep will ever happen.

Room Tip: Bring your own bed!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple