“Very Affordable, Nice Location, Could Use Updating” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn Maingate

Rodeway Inn Maingate
Ranked #51 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Walla Walla, WA
“Very Affordable, Nice Location, Could Use Updating”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Great Location but very antiquated rooms without many amenities. Very old TV, no mini fridge or microwave. The price is the saving feature. Breakfast area not air conditioned and signs telling you not to leave the area with any food or drink even to take it to your room. My wife was very unimpressed when a large cockroach ran over her when she was lying on her bed. We did only see one, however, and they are very prevalent all over the southern states. It would though be hard to get her to stay here again. The personnel were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JesseGriffin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Booked through Internet travel site and paid in full. On arrival had to pay additional "resort fees" and when I questioned it the desk attendant was less than nice about it. The card keys had to be reprogrammed at the desk and they even messed up my checkout date. Free breakfast was instant oatmeal and bagels served in a meeting room.
TV was old school tube type with maybe 10 channels. Not at all what I expected from some of the other reviews.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Rob J

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Winter Haven, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

the room I had did not have any wash cloths in the room , called desk and it took 4 hrs to get any.. and the tub was not clean, there is a lot of pot holes in the drive around the motel. this room had an old tv

Room Tip: if you stay here and want internet ask for building 8 for it gets the best service there.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 420rogersj
Charlton, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Hi this is my first time writing a hotel review so I'm sorry if its not very helpful but um! Wow. This is gonna be lengthy so I'll try to make it as entertaining as possible.

My sister, her boyfriend and I were staying here for 2 weeks. It was just a meet up sort of thing, since my sister and her boyfriend are in a long distance relationship. I tagged along to take pictures and junk. We planned on going to the amusement parks in the area. We weren't looking for a high maintenance hotel or anything, just a place to sleep and eat some meals.

On the first day, the first thing I noticed when we entered the room was the smell. It was like I was smelling a old damp towel or something, it was wild. But, as soon as we turned the AC on it went away. I don't think we turned the AC off once during the whole trip to be honest? I don't think anyone else did either. In fact, the ACs were running so much that they actually started to leak water, which would make the floor REALLY slippery and I saw dozens of people slip/fall down (including myself haha). Its not anything serious, you learn to avoid the water puddles, but it could be dangerous for a child or an elderly person.

Next, THE ROOM. The room was really strange. First of all, I think our room (7205) is /literally/ the only room in the entire place that does not have a peephole. I walked around a little to check the rest of the rooms, and didn't notice any other peepholes missing. It was really confusing. We had to yank the curtains back every time, which would completely expose the fact that there was someone in the room. Second, our bathroom lock didn't work. Not that it mattered, we are mature enough not to walk in on someone else. Next, the hairdryer just fell off the wall??? for no reason? in the middle of the night? I don't know what the staff did about that, lmao we just left it on the counter before we checked out.

NOT ALL OF THE ROOMS HAVE FRIDGES AND MICROWAVES!! If you're staying for a long period of time, you definitely need to clarify with the hotel that you /need/ both the fridge and microwave. We wasted so much money on restaurant food because there was no way to keep it fresh / heat up frozen or cold foods. The receptionist told us to go buy a cooler and fill it with the free ice to substitute for a fridge, but that didn't do the job.

A LOT of the outlets were broken! One of our lamps didn't have a light bulb! We informed the front desk but they didn't do anything about it. And I feel like its a little bit ridiculous to have to plug in a wall light in order for it to work. Like, there was a switch on the wall, but in order for the light to work, you needed to plug it in first. That took up some of our open working outlets. Also. The table was literally broken and it was just standing up on its own and supporting itself with those poor, poor, broken table legs. So saddening. I'm surprised it didn't just collapse.

There are three washing machines and three dryers. Two of the dryers didn't work, and the working one was almost always taken. That is all.

The complimentary breakfast was really poor, just warm oranges, packets of instant oatmeal, shrink wrapped bagels, coffee and juice. I'll admit though, the free juice was pretty cool. I went by almost every morning to get some. And by some I mean a lot. I consumed so much juice. Thank you for the juice. It's set up in a kind of hard to find corner connected to the main building. A hall with about 13 long tables and a TV playing the news on one end.

The pool was probably the best part about this hotel. It has a convenient shape so like 3-4 different families can share it at once. However, there are almost never any pool towels, the whole floor of the pool area is always wet, kids are always running around, people dive despite there being dozens of signs saying not to dive, and there's no lifeguard. There was an incident when I was staying where someone dove into the water when there was a child underwater where they couldn't be seen, and the child got injured pretty bad. Plus there's usually bugs floating around in the water.

While I'm on the topic of other people, the staff here is very friendly but? uncomfortable. There's always a handyman or repair guy walking around and just watching the guests. My sister overheard another person yelling at a staff member, claiming that she had seen him break into her car.

We never had any trouble with housekeeping taking or misplacing our things. The people at the front desk were very helpful, especially when our card got messed up several times.

The location of this hotel is perfect though, there are several convenience stores in the area, a grocery store across the highway, an outlet mall, and its very close to a lot of bus stops (TAKE THE BUS. The parks are nearby but its about $25-$40 one-way by taxi [not including a tip]. Sure, it'll take a little longer, but the bus is $2 per person, or you can buy a day pass for $4.50).

AS MUCH AS I JUST TRASHED THIS HOTEL I still liked it. It wasn't even close to living up to my expectations but it was still enjoyable. For the price, its definitely worth it, but I might suggest finding a little more expensive hotel, just so the atmosphere and experience is better. I almost regret not getting a better hotel just because this one was so.. well. Jank.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Anisa S
katowice
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

this motel is near main Orlando attraction Disney Park,
comfortable, little old,but soap in the bathroom, fridge,mini express, coffee, tea, hairdryer,clean towels,clean sheet,for this price and location is super

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank joanna z
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

we stay at "our" little Rodeway several times a year. It is not new, it doesn't look pretty from the outside but it is ALWAYS clean and comfortable. The staff is always cheerful and helpful. We have stayed at hotels that literally cost 7 times as much and the handicapped accessiblitly can not hold a candle to our Rodeway. It has a roll in shower, a removable shower head, bars based appropriately by shower and toilet. We have been staying here for years and will continue to do so.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jackie h
Norther Central PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I booked 2 rooms. I traveled with my daughter and 5 of my grandchildren. We stayed for 7 nights. Front desk staff was very friendly. The reason for only 3 stars is the fact that I had to keep requesting towels for the 4 of us staying in our room....maids kept leaving only two. I kept writing notes requesting service for 4 but that request usually got ignored. I don't think the maids could read English....because one of the couldn't understand English when I asked her a question.

The beds were comfortable and the linens clean, the room could have been a little cleaner as the carpet and tile bathroom floor made the bottoms of our feet black. I had a small spill in the bathroom and wiped it up with a tissue....the tissue turned black leading me to believe the floor rarely, if ever, gets scrubbed. However, the room was quiet and right off the pool, which was beautiful, clean and enjoyed a bunch by my grandchildren.

There were roaches all over outside every night, but I don't think there was a problem in the rooms because I got up every night to use the bathroom and did not once see a roach anywhere. And my daughter never saw a hint of one in her room. However, having said that, there was a dead roach (I said dead) in the bathroom light fixture and one morning there was a dying roach on its back in front of our dresser. And on the next to the last day, there was a huge roach in our tub. But like I said...I don't think there was an inside infestation. I think these pests must have come in under the door. I used to live in SC and that's what would happen occasionally to us.

There was a mini fridge and microwave in our room as well as a tv, alarm clock and free wifi (which was slow). Breakfast consisted of plain bagels and cream cheese, oat meal, coffee, tea and juice. Adequate for the price we paid for the rooms.

There was a Golden Corral 3 doors away from us on one side, and an iHop just next door on the other side. There was a nice gift shop attached to the motel. It was easy to find and very easy to get to the Disney Parks. We were able to get there in 5 to 10 minutes, depending on traffic.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family