“Great proximity to Disney Attractions!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Orbit One Vacation Villas

Orbit One Vacation Villas
Ranked #24 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Great proximity to Disney Attractions!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2008

We booked this last minute as an exchange with our timeshare. We were looking for something very close to the Disney resorts and enough space and ammenities to keep my 3 children comfortable and happy. The unit wasn't bad at all - could have been a little cleaner and they could have supplied more paper products and cleaning products as other resorts do. But other than that, my kids loved the water slide pool which they used quite a few times and the basketball courts which my older son used. The nearby strip was a little seedy with all of the tacky strip malls (and a 120 minute wait for dinner at the Outback), but we certainly felt safe at the resort since there was constantly security guards patrolling the area. Check in and check out was anything but speedy!! The front desk people need a lesson on how to check someone in and out efficiently. The washer in our unit worked great but the dryer took about 3 plus hours to dry a small load. Because of the location (1 mile to Disney), I would definately recommend this resort to someone.

• Liked — Proximity to Disney and the pool
  • Disliked — cleanliness and check in and check out procedures - way too slow!!!
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2008

Orbit One is a timeshare property in Kissimmee, Florida. We own a week there in December. However, I'm not found of traveling that close to Christmas so I tade my week every year for another. We just returned and I am happy to say that Orbit One is still a nice place to stay. Units are clean and well kept. The property is very close to 192, so if you want to walk to a store you can. This property is not a big resort, but nice for couples and young families. They have two nice pools and a very nice hot tub. The staff is always friendly and very helpful. I have enjoyed Orbit One many times and hope to stay there again soon.

• Liked — Nice units, clean and well kept.
  • Disliked — No elevators
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
Harrison, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2008

What a very nice place to stay at. The rooms are immaculate and
large. The surrounding grounds are very nice and close to stores and restaurants. Very happy with our stay.
Our flight was cancelled and they were very accommodating
to us. Very happy we stayed there. Their staff should be commended for all of their help and patience.
I would recommend this resort for future travelers.

• Liked — The size of the room and cleaniness and proximity to stores.
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with friends
CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2008

We just returned from a week's stay at Orbit One Villas. I was a bit concerned due to some of the negative reviews. Our stay went well. The villa had plenty of room for our family (2 adults, 2 12 year olds). It was clean and quiet. We had an end unit in Apollo.

Check in - We checked in late with security guard, it went smoothly.

Grounds - Both pools were open and our kids enjoyed them. The grounds included a basketball court which our children enjoyed.

Location - I would not classify this place as a resort but rather a great alternative place to stay near Disney, Sea World, Universal etc. The units have plenty of room, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths so we all had plenty of space.

We were not looking to be entertained by the staff. The staff was helpful when we asked questions.

I would stay here again to visit this area.

• Liked — Proximity to theme parks.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank bts10
scotland uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2008

we booked this place as we have been here once before and loved it we never got a chance to try out there activitys so this time we made room even though they were simple mini golf ,tennis, basketball, gym and games room my children loved it and so did i i felt safe here and everyone was so friendly i love this place and so do my family i would reccomend this hotel to people who like simplicity and safeness

• Liked — pool and staff here
  • Disliked — CAR PARKING
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2008

I stayed for a week in January 2008 because I got a very good deal on Skyauction. Even though I was a single traveler, I had two bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, a very good kitchen and more than enough space. The rooms were spotless and the king size bed in the master bedroom was extremely comfortable. It was wonderful having the Roman whirlpool bath - though some evenings I used the smaller bathtub because it didn't take as much water to fill. I had 2 TV sets and a DVD and loved the entire apartment. It's too bad I was hardly there but there are simply too many things to do in Orlando.

I barely used the kitchen for making meals because it's too much trouble to stock it with the basics, like salt, pepper, ketchup etc. but if one wants to cook there are lots of utensils. The main pool was under repair, which was a little disappointing. There was apparently a smaller pool in the back but I didn't bother with it. In any case, the pool doesn't look great and isn't very big.

The one downside was dragging heavy suitcases up and down three flights of stairs and the electronic key not working in the evening when nobody is staffing the front desk.

A few days into my stay I found out they'd serve things for breakfast in the lobby but I never got it together to go there in time.
They seem to have activities every day, but I didn't participate in any of them.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jurnee
Biloxi, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2008

Good stay at the Orbit one. We had 4 adults and 2 children; plenty of room for everyone. Nice screened in balcony. Typical check-in; have to talk to the timeshare lady to get your parking pass. We told her we were not interested and that was it. They did not harass us with phone calls all week like some other places do. Two pools; one was closed for remodeling the other was open. It was Dec so we did not miss it. The volcano looking thing is gone I have attached a picture of the new slides.

• Liked — 5 mins from Disney