We stayed for two weeks in the Mercury building on the ground floor and were very pleased with the accommodations. The kitchen was well stocked, the 2 bedroom condo was spacious, and it was very quiet. The first week there were very few people in the Mercury building with us, but it filled up the second week and we could occasionally hear people around us. Not loud enough to disrupt sleep, but the occasional chair scrape or loud bang. I'll do a quick pro/con list because I find it easier:
* Big room, plenty of space for everyone
* Beds were comfortable
* The pools, grills, playground, etc. were all welcome breaks from the parks
* The room was clean
* Very close to Disney
* Plenty of restaurant and shopping choices nearby
* We politely declined an offer of help from the desk offering advice on where to shop, ticket help, and a timeshare offer, and it was fine. We were checked in by security so maybe that helped lighted the sales pitch.
* The AC in the master bedroom was not strong enough to counter the effect of the greenhouse-type window in the bedroom, the room was always 10 degrees hotter than the rest of the condo (at least). Those big windows need something to block the heat.
* Since we were on the ground floor, we weren't comfortable leaving any of the curtains open, and it would have been nice to have some natural light coming in. Some sheer/light curtains on the slider in the living room would be nice, allow some privacy while still letting in light.
* I don't agree with charging for Wifi in this day and age, we were all able to access the internet on our phones, so they only person affected by the lack of WiFi was my son who wanted to watch Netflix. Just give the free WiFi already, or have an ethernet connection as stated online so at least one device can be hooked up for free.
* We were never told about the continental breakfast and coffee, we would have loved to grab a cup of coffee to bring to the park but didn't find out until we were leaving.
Overall, we had a very nice stay and would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious two bedroom condos (up to six people), fully furnished, living room, dining area, full kitchens, washer/dryer, in-room safe, whirlpool, 2 heated swimming pools, game and fitness room, organized activities, volleyball, racquetball, BBQ/picnic area, children’s playground, one mile from Animal Kingdom®. Shopping, restaurants, and golf nearby. AAA 3-diamond property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Orbit One Vacation Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orbit One Vacation Villas Hotel Kissimmee
- Orbit One Vacation Hotel
- Orbit One Vacation Resort
- Orbit 1 Vacation Villas
- Orbit One Vacation Villas Kissimmee, Florida