“Quiet, spacious, nice!”

Orbit One Vacation Villas
Ranked #28 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stayed for two weeks in the Mercury building on the ground floor and were very pleased with the accommodations. The kitchen was well stocked, the 2 bedroom condo was spacious, and it was very quiet. The first week there were very few people in the Mercury building with us, but it filled up the second week and we could occasionally hear people around us. Not loud enough to disrupt sleep, but the occasional chair scrape or loud bang. I'll do a quick pro/con list because I find it easier:

Pros:
* Big room, plenty of space for everyone
* Beds were comfortable
* The pools, grills, playground, etc. were all welcome breaks from the parks
* The room was clean
* Very close to Disney
* Plenty of restaurant and shopping choices nearby
* We politely declined an offer of help from the desk offering advice on where to shop, ticket help, and a timeshare offer, and it was fine. We were checked in by security so maybe that helped lighted the sales pitch.

Cons:
* The AC in the master bedroom was not strong enough to counter the effect of the greenhouse-type window in the bedroom, the room was always 10 degrees hotter than the rest of the condo (at least). Those big windows need something to block the heat.
* Since we were on the ground floor, we weren't comfortable leaving any of the curtains open, and it would have been nice to have some natural light coming in. Some sheer/light curtains on the slider in the living room would be nice, allow some privacy while still letting in light.
* I don't agree with charging for Wifi in this day and age, we were all able to access the internet on our phones, so they only person affected by the lack of WiFi was my son who wanted to watch Netflix. Just give the free WiFi already, or have an ethernet connection as stated online so at least one device can be hooked up for free.
* We were never told about the continental breakfast and coffee, we would have loved to grab a cup of coffee to bring to the park but didn't find out until we were leaving.

Overall, we had a very nice stay and would return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank denneg

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We were pleased with our room and the quietness of the place. It was clean, very very close to the Disney World parks, and convenient to shopping and restaurants. There is a new Target and shops about 6 or 7 miles up the road, lots of shops, and restaurants if you don't want to eat in the park. We had breakfast in our room. I read some of the reviews about breakfast being skimpy but, this is the first place that ever had anything for guests in the morning. We've stayed at several different properties, this doesn't have that "wow" factor, or the glitz, bling, but it is clean, quiet, close to everything, has pools, play grounds, and a work out room. The only downside is you do have to pay for WIFI, but that was not a deal breaker for us. We rented 2 condo's, our kids like the WIFI, and you can buy it, we think its time to unplug and enjoy family. We didn't need WIFI to make our trip successful. Security was very apparent, so we felt secure here. Orbit has a locked gate with code to enter. Area is fenced for security, and privacy. Note: No Elevators so if you have special needs ask for a ground floor condo.

Room Tip: No Elevators. No restaurant on site but restuarants close, shopping close, Disney World close, and f...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank DahliaWashington
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I had a great experience at this hotel! The staff were extremely nice and friendly. The rooms were very clean and were a great size for small groups - 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room, kitchen, and laundry. There were 2 pools - 1 was more child-friendly than the other, so it was nice to have a quieter option to visit. The hotel has a great location. It is very close to Disney and about a 25 minute drive to Universal Studios. There are grocery stores nearby and plenty of restaurants along the main road. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Our third stay at Orbit One. The pools aren't snazzy. You pay for the WiFi. You get nudged to buy timeshares. When one has stayed at one of the fancier timeshares in the area, it pales. But it's consistently clean, consistently huge, and consistently close to Disney via Sherberth road.

Clean is the best part. Suggest staying AWAY from the main pool, as it can get noisy. Other than that, you'll find the kitchen is stocked and the mattresses are comfortable. I've always found the front desk somewhat disinterested, but pleasant and helpful.

I'd echo most of what I read below in a positive vein. It's not the Ritz. But to have this large and clean a facility for about the price of the nearest Holiday Inn makes this a quality bet. I'd be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: Go across highway and take Sherberth road into Disney. Ask at front desk. We weary of the convenienc...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2013

A lovely, quiet & clean place. We stayed for 5 nights in a 2 bedroom apartment at the Neptune building and we enjoyed our stay. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are moderately big and very clean.
It's also close to Disneyland. We will definately stay again at Orbit One villa. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank TaiwoFaith
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I loved everything. Two bedroom s. two baths. Full kitchen. Whirlpool tub. Screen porch. Pools.
I am picky and could find nothing to complain about. Great value for the money. The kids loved it and it was close to Disney and all attractions

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank ladyrider49
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Let me start off by giving a little background...I work for a slightly higher end hotel chain. I have a family of 5 and i like to save money but also feel comfortable. I don't mind paying a little more to stay in a nice hotel room. With that being said this place was just ok. From the start of my trip they left a bad impression in my mouth because they didin't have my reservation. I don't know who's fault it was but after waiting over an hour for it to be resolved I would expect them to something for the inconvience. Now to the room.. It had plenty of room which is what we needed for our week vacation but it could have been a little cleaner. The shower/bath combo was a little weird in the master room but it was ok. I'm also use to having a nighstand but instead we had two big closets next to the bed so we used a drawer for our phones and glasses. The wifi is the worst i've seen at a resort and for that reason alone i would search for another location the next time we come to Orlando. My husband LOVED this place but he isn't as picky. Overall its ok and i could stay here again but only if I had to.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family