“Great location”

Ranked #21 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
New Jersey
“Great location”
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here for 4 nights while visiting Disney which is less than 10 minutes away. The suite was spacious with a full kitchen with dining area, living room, two bedrooms with two bathrooms and an enclosed porch. The living room furniture was uncomfortable and the wicker arms to the loveseat were broken. The windows were filthy. The location was great with restaurants, grocery stores and souvenir stores near by. The game room was small and outdated, but my kids enjoyed the pool. Having the second bedroom with 2 twins beds was nice. One day we receives notice that they were shutting down the water from 11 to 4 due to a leak. Inconvenient, since my husband shortened his workout, but they didn't shut it off at 11, so that was annoying. Great price for the location and size of the room.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Momondago

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Cibolo, Texas
Reviewed 27 August 2014

First, let me start off by explaining why I chose this particular condo. As I planned a 10 day visit to Walt Disney World with two children and 7 full days of activities I soon realized that no matter where we stayed we would rarely be back at the room to enjoy it! Even though we could afford to spend much much more, I wasn't keen on dropping a load of cash on a Disney Resort we would rarely be enjoying. However, I was very concerned about my children having their own beds in their own bedroom for a good night rest, and my wife and I having our own bedroom as well. A 10 day vacation with two kids bouncing off the walls of a single room didn't sound like a vacation. Every condo at this complex is a two bedroom unit. You'll get around 1300+ square feet, with a living room, dining table for six and a full size kitchen completely stocked with what you need. The staff at this hotel is GREAT, and go out of their way for anything you need. Jose at the front desk was absolutely professional each and every time I dealt with him! However, you need to know that this is an older condo complex. Everything was clean and the beds were comfortable. A/C worked great. Washer/dryer included in unit. Even though this condo is older the price you pay makes this a great value, and when you factor being in the theme parks most days with your kids, you'll be glad you didn't drop a ton more on another room, and the days you are back at the room on a break day you'll be glad the kids have their own bed in a seperate bedroom, while you enjoy a king bed in a master suite. The pool is adequate with two small water slides. We weren't concerned about this though as we hit both Disney water parks during our stay.

Room Tip: If you have kids who like to swim, ask for a unit near the main pool.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Matthew H
Northumberland
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We have just returned home after a 3 week stay at Orbit One and our family of 5 had a wonderful time. Having read the other reviews I can honestly say that maybe us Brits have lower expectations when it comes to vacation rentals but we could find nothing to complain about and we thought the value for money at this property was excellent. For around the same price as hotel rooms we had a comfortable and spacious condo that all 5 of us could fit comfortably into. We appreciated having two bathrooms especially during the morning rush to get dressed and were glad of the fully equipped kitchen - it really does have everything you might need down to a blender! Having a washer and dryer was a godsend and there was plenty of storage space. The children enjoyed the pools, especially the smaller pool as often there was no one else there and it was like a private pool! It was never crowded at the main pool either, we never struggled to find a sunbed even at the height of the season. We didn't take advantage of any of the other sporting facilities but we saw others doing so. We were lucky enough to be in a ground floor unit (Neptune 17)for ease of access, carrying in shopping etc but there are at most only 3 floors in any block so it isn't such a big climb unless you have a disability. Often when we returned late we couldn't park right next to our front door but we never had to park further than maybe 10 or 12 spaces away - I'm not so lazy I can't walk for a few extra seconds after I just spent a whole day walking around the parks! The complimentary weekday pastry and coffee breakfast I thought was a nice touch - there was a limited selection but it never advertised itself as an all you can eat buffet - I thought of it as a handy free extra to pick up a drink and a snack on the way out in the morning. With a full kitchen provided I wouldn't have expected to find a breakfast provided on site. The location is excellent within walking distance of loads of restaurants and within a short drive of the I4 and Disney parks. If you take the shortcut down Sherberth Road you can get to Animal Kingdom in 5 minutes as long as you don't hit the traffic lights (they take approximately 3 minutes to change. ) The staff were very friendly and helpful - we only needed to ask for something once as we had no patio furniture provided on our arrival and it was sorted out quickly and efficiently. We received a weekly bedding change and towel change as well as a basic clean and didn't pay any extra. Wifi was also included and although it wasn't super fast and sometimes it took me a while to access it, it wasn't the worst wifi I've ever had and at least it was complimentary, I appreciate that. Of course if I wanted to I could find things to moan about - the toilet seat in the bathroom was wobbly, the toilet roll holder needed repairing and there was a large pink stain on the bedroom carpet but really I'd be plucking at straws to find a negative, those things really were minor niggles and I'm sure if I'd been bothered enough to report them they would have been dealt with efficiently but I didn't feel the need to say anything as those things weren't affecting my holiday. When we go on holiday to florida we expect to be out most of the time so all we need is a clean, tidy and convenient place to sleep. Orbit One provided much more than that with a comfortable condo that felt like home and excellent facilities. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank luvlyluvvie
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Overall this was a very good experience for us. We stayed in a two bed, two bath unit and it comfortably fit our family which was 3 adults and 2 children. The kids loved the facilities. We played tennis and shuffleboard as well as spent many hours in the pool.
Pros: The unit has a fully equipped kitchen that we used daily. It saved us money by not eating out for every meal. Our apartment was clean and comfortable, we found the front desk staff extremely friendly that went out of their way to accommodate a few special requests we had, and a very attentive housekeeping staff. There was a washer and dryer in the room, as well.
Cons: No shuttle to parks (though we had a car, it's worth noting), the continental breakfast is simply coffee, juice, donuts, and rolls, and the sister resort didn't allow us entrance into their waterpark as advertised. We had to make other plans the afternoon we scheduled to go to the other property.
We plan to stay on this property or another property owned by the same company next year.

Room Tip: I will ask for a main level unit near the pools next year as we have children that frequent the pool...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Sandy K
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Returned last week from a week long stay at the Orbit1. Here are my notes on problems which far outweighed the good:

1. HUGE problems with the WIFI. Always going out. Or not accessible at all for days at a time.
2. Front desk help with the issues was worthless and pathetic, and left early.
3. Television programs froze/black for several times for several minutes during movies and tv programs due to poor cable connections. UGH!
4. Bad pipes in guest bath.
5. Deferred maintenance/upkeep for the entire property.
6. Not enough parking. Definitely don't come home after 10pm.
7. Our door entry card failed due to being incorrectly programmed. Had to sit at our door for 25 minutes with our little kids while problem was resolved.
8. Lights did not work for basketball courts.
9. Our refrigerator froze our food and had painted over rust stains.
10. Kitchen countertops had failing caulk with exposed cracks.
11. Two of the three televisions were old tube variety with poor reception. Limited HD channels on one decent television.
12. No elevators. We stayed on third floor so hauling stuff up and down was very troublesome!
13. 800 number reservations gave us wrong street address so we couldn't find the place with our mapquest.
14. Difficultly finding working light switched when entering unit. Had to just leave the lights on when leaving.
15. Pool fountain looked like tons of fun, but too cold...not heated. And this is summertime.

The good:

1. Decent overall location.
2. Pool had two little waterslides.
3. Spacious unit. Affordable.

Will look elsewhere for our next vacation trip to Orlando.

Room Tip: First floor. No elevators. Ugh
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Flabanker
Atlanta
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is an exceptional value considering space and price. It is an older time share property that has been well maintained with two pools, tennis and racquetball court, shuffleboard area and grills. We toured the parks during the day and came back for a refreshing swim in the evening.
Con:
Forget the continental breakfast. Extremely limited selection of pastries that lack taste. The attendant seemed to want to be anywhere but there serving customers.

Room Tip: If you have kids who want to swim, get a unit on the first floor that opens to the pool area. We wal...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Peachs71
Tulsa
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This facility is great for a family. We stayed in a 2 bedroom/2 bath room with a full kitchen. There was a washer and dryer in the unit, too. The views are nothing to write home about, but the pool and hot tub were terrific! My teenaged boys were able to check out tennis rackets, volleyballs and basketballs for free. My husband used the onsite gym 2-3 times and was very satisfied. It is close to so many things - Disney is about 4-5 minutes drive. The best part of the stay was the service - so very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family