We have 3 kids ages 4, 8, and 12 and we stayed at Orbit One for two weeks in October so that we could visit Disney World. We booked online thus we had no idea what to expect. We were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived very late (1:30 am) and had no trouble getting our room keys from the security guard. We stayed in the Apollo complex which was near all the amenities. The condo was very bright, clean, and spacious. In fact, we couldn't get over how clean it smelled. The in suite laundry facilities were a real bonus, as was the dish washer.
The pools were smaller than we imagined but turned out to be the perfect size for us. They were never busy (and were warm) so we had lots of fun using them and did not have to deal with crowds. This was important to us after a long day at the Disney Parks.
My 12 year old son was thrilled that they had a basketball court (half-court only) and we also took some time to play tennis.
The grounds were under construction so when we first arrive, the outside looked a bit bleak. However, during our two week stay we saw the place transform as the new sprinklers and lawn were installed. We heard that the next plan is to paint the outside of the buildings. This will give it a real facelift.
What we liked most is that it was spacious and quiet. After spending the day at the Disney Parks we enjoyed the quietness of this condo.
It is not a fancy resort so if that is what you are looking for this is not the place to stay, but, it is close to everything and has everything you need for a reasonable price.
We did find the floors turned our feet black as another reviewer mentioned. I even took the time to wash the floors and they still turned our feet black. I think it was due to the fine dirt in the grounds due to the construction getting dragged in from our shoes. It was no big deal to us. We wore socks or shoes in the condo. Next time, I would bring slippers.
The staff was always friendly and helpful. We had a few minor problems such as a leaking value on the toilet and a burned out light bulb which they fixed immediately. They even dropped off clean towels without us requesting them.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others are looking a reasonably priced place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious two bedroom condos (up to six people), fully furnished, living room, dining area, full kitchens, washer/dryer, in-room safe, whirlpool, 2 heated swimming pools, game and fitness room, organized activities, volleyball, racquetball, BBQ/picnic area, children’s playground, one mile from Animal Kingdom®. Shopping, restaurants, and golf nearby. AAA 3-diamond property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Orbit One Vacation Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orbit One Vacation Villas Hotel Kissimmee
- Orbit One Vacation Hotel
- Orbit One Vacation Resort
- Orbit 1 Vacation Villas
- Orbit One Vacation Villas Kissimmee, Florida