“STAY FAR AWAY FROM HERE!!!”

Quality Inn & Suites Eastgate
Ranked #105 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Avoid this hotel at all costs! Stayed here from Feb 15-Feb 18, worst experience ever. I am a travel agent and because of that they gave me a horrible time. I booked the room online, and I booked a NON-SMOKING room.
Room 1: When we got there we didn't check in until that evening as we had been at Disney all day so when we went into our room it was SMOKING! The worst smoking room I have ever smelt. We immediately called the front desk and he said there was nothing they could do that night as they were completely booked up. Told them I wanted some type of compensation but said that my company messed up my reservation. I called them and they indeed did send the correct information to the hotel and she even faxed proof to him that they did. Said they would compensate me. Got in shower in this room and you could tell it had not been properly cleaned and there was soap mildew all in the shower, the curtain had stains all over it. Phone in the room did not work so we had to use our cell phones to call down to the front desk. Got up next morning and now he changed his mind. He was not going to compensate us for the night and said all he could was upgrade me to a suite. Fine Whatever, I don't need a suite for just 3 nights but that's fine.

Room 2: What a joke of a suite. Their "suite" is just two rooms with the adjoining door open. Their master bedroom is a pull out couch that is permanently pulled out and yes, it is one of those pull out sofa mattresses with another one thrown on top. You lay on it and the middle collapses. In the next room as 2 double size beds. My husband sat on one and as soon as he did the whole bed cracked and went almost to the floor. He looked at the frames and the frames were not put together properly and were way too big for the mattress size which is what was causing the beds to sink. Couldn't handle it anymore at this point so we left and went to Disney. Came back around Dinner time to order pizza and take a nap before heading back to the park. As soon as we walked into our "suite" we just had to do something. Husband went down to the lobby as this was definitely something that would need to be taken care of in person. Finally got someone halfway decent, I don't remember the gentlmen's name, it began with an "A" i believe but not sure. He apologized and moved us to a nonsmoking room with a king bed.

Room 3: This room was decent enough to finally be able to get settled in. This room had no microwave which all the other rooms we had been in did have. The bed still wasn't that great as it still sloped in the middle. The air conditioning was so loud that it kept me awake. But it was the cleanest and best room we had been in so we stayed in this one.

The breakfast. What a joke that was. Their breakfast is located in the Indian restaurant a few doors down. They had waffle maker, toast, muffins and fruit. In order to get a bananna you had to chase after the women bringing them in. The toast was absolutely horrible. How do you mess up toast?! I took one bite and had to spit it out. I don't know if it was stale or what. The muffin, ugh! Stale. The orange juice tasted like it was all water and someone had just thrown in some orange food coloring. We went to McDonald's right after and never went back to their breakfast the rest of our stay.

Stay as far away as you can from this hotel. Even if you have to spend a ton more, do it. This place is not worth your time or the hassle you will experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Whitney T
Harold H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Eastgate, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

A hotel is defined by the quality of service it provides to its guests.. consequently, it's dissapointing to learn you were unhappy. Please accept my sencire apology. Please be assured that the issues you've raised have been addressed, and apropiate action has been taken. Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

This was my first visit to Orlando in a while. I've stayed at Quality Inns before, and been very pleased with the quality. I arrived, and due to a mix up (my own fault), learned I had cancelled and reserved elsewhere in Orlando. The desk clerk was very accommodating, and was able to secure a room for me. The first room I entered had a very heavy odor of stale smoke. I went to the desk to see if another room was open, and one was. I moved my stuff up to the room and immediately had difficulty with the room key swiping device to get the room open. I had trouble with this all weekend long. Two doors down from me was a gentleman sitting in the open doorway, smoking on a hookah. My room was clean, however there were some broken tiles noted in the bathroom floor, and the door had some damage on the bottom with exposed wood. I'm guessing from the vacuum cleaner banging against it. The shower was extremely difficult to get started. I needed to exert a large amount of force to pull out the knob to get the water flowing. The shower stall appeared to have been cracked and glued together, and actually came away from the wall itself due to the force required to get the shower on. I mentioned to this to the desk clerk when I checked out. Apparently others have reported the same problem. The hair dryer did not work. Breakfast was the typical bread, cereal, juice, fruit in the Indian Restaurant just in front of the hotel. The hours state that it opens at 6:30 am. It was open on time the first time I went. However, the second time, it wasn't open. A woman was setting up, and ignored other guests as they knocked to go inside. I waited 10 minutes, it still wasn't open and I had to get to my conference. I won't be a repeat guest there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bonlyn
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I reserved this hotel with the capone Dinner Theater. The check in was supposed to be no later then 3 pm. Well that didnt happen. They said they were having troubles and my room probably wouldn't be readt till about 5 pm! That was ridiculous since my theater reservations were for 5pm. They weren't very nice about it. I got my money back and went to another hotel! On another note...Capones was great!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CherylnMarty
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Negatives: pool outdoors is not heated (though spotless and clean), tv has only 23 channels (due to pain issues, a lot of our vacation is spent in room or on premises).
Positives: very clean room, friendly staff, safe in room, small refrig, USA Today free at front desk (get there early), safe area. Spouse says Wifi "kicks _ _" which is great for us as we do a lot on our iPads. (dont know if the fast wifi is throughout motel rooms or specific areas. Our room was 111). Would come again when in area.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacknann
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights as a combination vacation and conference meeting. We had the King suite and it was very nice -- roomy with separate living area with table and a work desk. Very clean, staff friendly, good breakfast. The only reason I didn't give this an excellent rating is because it was somewhat noisy in the early mornings. (Some kind of truck delivery going on at the business next door.) Since we were getting up early anyway due to my conference, it wasnt too much of a problem for us but I dont know about for other folks who may like to sleep in on vacation.

Room Tip: Maybe if you ask for a room farther from the street, the morning noise wouldn't be a problem.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Vermadel N
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Like other reviewers we also stayed here as part of the Capone's Dinner Show package. I had checked out the reviews prior to finalizing my order and all the reviews seemed to agree that the staff was friendly, beds were comfy, affordable rates, convenient location, and clean rooms. In my opinion these statements were all true.

Now I hate to be the picky traveler but I do think I should mention some of the things I learned from my own experience since they could possibly be the deal breakers for some travelers. The walls are pretty thin so we could hear our neighbors turn on the water, talk outside their doors at 5am, and also the sirens that passed by on the busy street all night long. Now safety was never an issue since none of these sirens ever headed in our direction but the hotel does sit on a busy (convenient) street so if you are a light sleeper (like my children and I) you could hear everything. My husband (a heavy sleeper) said he did not hear the sirens at all. So that would depend on the type of sleeper you are.

If you'd like some of the continental breakfast be prepared to arrive early since this is closed down at 9:30am SHARP!! They literally took the items off the buffet at exactly 9:30. The few things that we were able to get our hands on we didn't care much for and ended up purchasing an outside breakfast anyways. I'm not sure if they took the good stuff off the buffet first but for what we saw we were not impressed. Oh and to avoid surprises...the breakfast is served in an Indian Restaurant at the end of the small shopping plaza that is connected to the hotel lobby. That was a first for me.

Now the real questions is....would we stay here again. Hmmm??? I think if we were staying for just 1 night, we were super tired, and wanted something inexpensive....then POSSIBLY YES. But we would definitely ask for an isolated room away from the main road and other guests. And we wouldn't waste our time with the breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for an isolated room away from the main street and possibly away from the other guests due to th...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JCCEJ
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed there on the weekend of jan 17th. When we got to the room the smell was so horrible we had to immediately go back to the front desk (we had 2 rooms). They gave us different rooms, this time next to each other. Smell was better but not ok. I wanted to cancel everything and go to a different hotel, but other family members would not get a refund, so we ended up staying. I woke up on sat with some lesions on my arms and neck, which seemed to be mosquito bites. When i woke up on sunday, my entire body was covered in the same kind of lesions. I came back home on sunday afternoon. On monday i went to see my dr, and he confirmed that the lesions were bed bug bites. After several attempts trying to reach hotel manager named Harold, with no success, I decided to file a complaint with the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation. I have photos and a letter from the doctor, waiting for the investigator to call. 5 days have passes and i still have the bites. DO NOT STAY in this hotel!!!!!!

Stayed: January 2014
6  Thank Cynaples
Harold H, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Eastgate, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear traveler
Since we read your review and a visit from hotel & Motel regulations we have inspected the room no indication of any kind of bug activity has been found in the room, as the present time the room is occupied and no complaints have been brought to our attention. please accept our apology on your recent experience with our hotel according to your comments.
We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.