“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #11 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Duncannon, Pennsylvania
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Parkway International was a wonderful place to stay. The apartment was roomy and nicely furnished. Very clean and looked new or newly remodeled. The location was excellent....near shopping and restaurants as well as convenient to the highway to all the Orlando parks and attractions. Becky, the activities coordinator, is outgoing and has a lot of enthusiasm. All the staff were very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank donnah401

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Newberry, South Carolina
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I stayed at a the sister company Liki Tiki Resort in 2010 and loved it. Since we had additional people coming with us we were looking for something a little cheaper and Parkway International Resort was perfect. The resort is in a better location than Liki Tiki. It also does not have the water park that Liki Tiki has. Honestly the thing they call a water park is a slide and water fall located in a pool.
When I booked my room I requested a poolside and/or first floor room. Needless to say I didn't get either of my request. The lady at guest services advised me that I could stay in the room provided for one night and then she could get me in another room the next day. That didn't work for me so I just stayed in the room provided for me in the Kilamanjaro building 2nd floor room. The Kilamanjaro Building is located across the parking lot from the pool. It takes about 3 mins to get to the pool area so everything turned out ok.

My favorite thing about the resort is the pool area. The resort is very small so the pool was never overcrowded and I could always swim without worrying that I was going to bump into someone. I spent several days at the area and my 3 year old son enjoyed it very much. There is a nice park right beside the kiddie pool. My son went back and forth with ease and I was able to see him at all times. Plus the area is gated! The bar/grill is also located beside the kiddie pool. You don't have to worry about bringing any money to the pool because they will charge it to the room. We loved the chicken nuggets in fish batter, nachos and all the spirits. The pool closed at 11 which is very late for most hotels/resorts. The bar only stayed open to around 6 though...I'm assuming this changes in the summer time. There is also a small game room in this area too. There were activities for kids and adults in the area. They played bingo and black jack for money and there were a lot of kiddie activities that my child was too young for. To top off the area they played island music and even had a performer at times.

On top of the beautiful pool area the rooms did not disappoint. The living room had a pull out sofa and if you pushed the tables against the wall, there is enough space to add 2 queen size blow up mattresses (one on each side of the pull out couch). There was a nice screened patio with ceiling fan and had a view of a parking lot and trees. We saw 3 raccoons looking for food while we were out on the patio. There was also a grill that was easily accessible by the extra set of stairs for the back of the building.

The master room had a king size bed and a patio door for immediate access to the patio. We had new mattresses too...of course I checked. The bathroom had a jetted pool and an additional area for toilet. This was very helpful because someone would go to the bathroom and shut the door and not hold up other people from brushing their teeth etc. I did clean the bathroom but I always do at hotels. The jetted pool had sand in the jets. It took me 15 mins to clean the tub. I believe the people before us went to the beach and the cleaning lady didn't notice the additional sand.

The 2nd bedroom was smaller and had an outdated TV but who cares. The twin beds had wheels on them so it was very easy to push them together to make a full size bed. The 2nd room had the water heater in the closet so the room was warm even when the rest of the hotel was freezing. The 2nd bath was ok but I didn't used it. There were no complaints from any members in my party about the 2nd bathroom.

I did not see any bugs but my sister explained that she saw an unidentified spider with fur in the room. She killed it and she didn't see any thing else.

Kitchen had everything you would need but a small frying pan for eggs. We brought dish washer and laundry detergent and didn't use it. The only thing that they didn't provide was hand soap...so I will be sure to bring it next year. We used the dish detergent that they provided. Washer and dryer are small but served it purpose. We did not use the oven so no comment there.

The free breakfast/time share speech is ok if you want to get the 20 dollars off your multiple day passes to the park. They also offer you $100 gift card if you do not want the discount on the ticket. Why not get the money before you leave? If you tell them no they do leave you alone though.

Another thing I like about this resort is the home feeling. Once you get there you can have guest over and they have no problem parking.

I asked for the 1 hour extension for checkout and it was horrible. The maid bothered me the entire extra hour knocking on the door trying to figure out if I had left yet. She said nobody told her. I guess they need a better system.

Overall this resort is just a little bit above average. If you are looking for a comfortable place to stay with privacy in your own room and the option to cook and wash clothes...stay here!

Also the exercise room is a joke. They don't have a stair climber...my favorite. They do have a treadmill and elliptical though.

The nature trail is a very small path and not even half a mile lol

I hope this helps!

1 Thank TrueDiva2011
Roselle Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 May 2011

This past April 2011, I booked several days with the Parkway through an exchange company for myself, my wife and our three daughters, aged 6,3 and 1. Upon arriving at the hotel from New Jersey at about 8:00pm in the evening, I was told by Sandra, the desk attendant, that they had no record of me or my reservation in the system. After insisting that I had a confirmation via email, I was allowed to pull up the email and prove that they did indeed have me confirmed. Sandra then proceeded to tell me that the entire resort was booked solid and that they simply had no room for me or my family. Sandra called around to sister resorts to see if they could accommodate us but they had nothing either. At this point, after a half hour of looking to see what happened, the only sure thing was that my kids were without a place to stay in Florida. Luckily, we had friends staying at the resort who offered to put us up for the night until the Parkway could sort out the mess that they had left us in. Unfortunately, they were themselves a family of four which meant that they had to rearrange their vacation plans for one night to squeeze my family of five into their two bedroom unit. Not exactly the heigh of comfort for everyone involved. The next day, the Parkway did find a room for us which was frankly enough given that we had nothing else. The room was fine except for the AC unit which sounded like a jet engine every time it went off. Unfortunately it was located right next to the kids' room which meant that it startled them every time it kicked in. The manager, Vicki tried to ease my anger and disappointment by offering me some complimentary vouchers for future stays, but in keeping with it's record of failing my family, those vouchers have yet to surface. It has been a month since we stayed there. And it will most likely be the very last time we ever visit the Parkway again.

2 Thank jaymvita
IORManagement, General Manager at Parkway International Resort, responded to this review, 13 June 2011
We appreciate the time you have taken to provide your feedback. It disappoints us to read your less than positive experience at the resort. I can assure you that we are working with Interval International to rectify the situation. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you were caused and we hope that you will give us a second opportunity to provide you with a wonderful stay. Once again, thank you for your feedback as it assists us to provide better service to all of our valued guests.
Regards,
Jacqueline Wickiser, General Manager
Port Elgin, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2011

While the decor is a bit dated, it continues to be clean and great value for the money. We love the location as it is walking distance to restaurants and shopping plus 5 minutes to Disney and 15 to Seaworld. The pool is fantastic and they try really hard to put on activities for the younger kids.

We were located on the 2nd floor facing the pool and other than some noise neighbors the first night which a quick call to Security fixed promptly, it was relaxing and easy. You do see Security wandering around so if provided a very safe feeling.

There is nothing fancy about Parkway but they are doing upgrades and at 80$ per night, it could not be beat.

2 Thank OntarioHopper
Reviewed 18 May 2011

We recently stayed at Parkway during a trip to Disney World. We found the room spacious, clean, nicely decorated, and convenient to the pool area. The beds were comfortable, with good quality sheets. The location was convenient to Disney World (less than 10 minute drive to the parking lots). The front desk staff member was friendly and helpful, and she allowed us to check in early since we arrived well before check in time. The person who provides the parking pass will "invite" you to a free 5-star breakfast or lunch, which is really a timeshare presentation in which someone sits with you while you eat, and talks to you about the offer - unless you're really interested or find it worth the discounted tickets or gift card, I would skip this, as it takes several hours of your valuable vacation time. But the resort was great and I would definately recommend it!

Room Tip: Got a great deal through a Hotwire package.
3 Thank halvi1
Maryland
Reviewed 12 May 2011

We had a wonderful time staying here. The resort is probably around 25 years old, but our room and the facilities looked fairly new. The cleaning staff does a great job, but the carpets of our unit in the Safari building should be steamed cleaned soon. I think the owners and workers sincerely care about their property. There was no visible dirt anywhere. The people at the front desk were very nice. The buildings are a nice red color. I took the sheets off the matresses upon arrival and found the matresses to be super clean and new looking...no bugs of any kind. The firmness of the master bed was just right. I slept well. It is a quiet resort. There were no bugs of any kind in our room. The washer and dryer worked well, and I used it daily. Having a dish washer and full kitchen was handy. When booking this hotel keep in mind that you may get assigned to the second or third floor. If you are physically fit, you might not mind this. Most people I know would have a fit having to walk up stairs. It is all a personal decision. Also, if you have to use the internet for work or cannot live without a good connection, stick to the pool area for your room. Email/call them before you book and tell them you need the pool area and see what they say. They are currently using an outside company for their internet. Hopefully they will come up with a better provider or system soon. Back at the Sahara building, the internet was a mess. Around the pool, my husband didn't have any problems. We met several couples of timeshare owners around the pool, and they were so proud of their place that they were almost glowing. It is a very relaxing resort. You could easily hang out at the pool all day, order drinks and food from the bar, and just relax. There is an activities lady there who helped my children make tie dye t-shirts. They were 10.00 each, and my kids love them. She also had a table of various wood, plastic and fabric crafts that can be colored or painted in the activities tent by the pool. Ages 3-6 would really love doing them, and they were priced appropriately. The resort guest units are huge and tastefully decorated in an carefully selected safari theme. All the different fabrics and wall papers were a lot of fun to look at. The pictures on the wall were really nice too. Our unit had three tv's. Two of them were old, but worked fine. I was happy they were there. I brought my own shampoo, powdered clothes and dish (powerball squares) detergents with me. I double bagged them and brought them on my flight. That worked out well. There are towels available at the front desk for the pool. You may want to ask for them at check in. There are some in the unit, but not enough for a big family. The place was a bargain for the amount of space we had. My kids loved this resort too!

2 Thank OnVacationToday
West Sussex
Reviewed 20 April 2011

We have today returned from a 6 night stay at this hotel and would honestly be happy to recommend it. We believe it was great value for money.
After reading some of these reviews, I was on constant lookout for any bugs and honestly did not see any in our room and only saw lizards outside! Our apartment was comfortable, all equipment was working and was decorated well. The sofa, however, did appear to need replacing but this appeared out of place as it seemed to be the only item in need of replacement. The air con unit outside bedroom 2 was fairly loud but this did not cause us any problems.
The location is great for Disney and also convenient for other attractions. It is not a large resort and therefore does not have a wide range of facilities but the facilities it did have, seemed perfectly adequate. The staff were friendly and although there is currently a lot of painting/refurbishing going on, the workers were accommodating and we were given warning to use the back door to the apartment rather than the front as the front stairwell was being painted. The view from the apartment wasn't amazing, but wasn't unpleasant.
As a sister resort, guests of Parkway International are permitted to use the water park of Liki Tiki Village. You are however required to pay for a parking pass which is $5. The Liki Tiki water park is very small (a pool and a few small slides) and although it served a purpose as part of a relaxing 1st day, we would not make the effort to go again.
We also made use of the hotel Wifi access and were pleasantly surprised to find that this worked in our room, but we're not sure if it would work in every room. We paid $29.99 for 7 day access, which was worth it for what we needed it for. I believe there was a daily fee option of around $7.99 / day.
Overall, we would definitely recommend this hotel due to the value for money.

3 Thank holidaymaker3952