“Beautiful”

Ranked #12 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Minneapolis
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Our family of 7 (5 adults, 1 teenager and 1 three year old) just got back from a week in Orlando. We stayed at Parkway Int'l and enjoyed it very much. We found the rooms clean and very pretty. The pool area and grounds around the resort were exceptional. The staff was very helpfull whenever we needed anything. The resort is also within a few minutes of the theme parks. There are three floors but no elevators. We were on the 2nd floor and did not find it to be a problem at all. We will definitely be coming back to this place.

Room Tip: There are no elevators so if you need one you might not want to stay here.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
ParkwayManager, General Manager at Parkway International Resort, responded to this review, 11 October 2011
Thank you for your recent review of Parkway International Resort. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the Resort and the Staff! We are also certainly pleased that we exceeded your expectations of the cleanliness and ground maintenance of the resort. Once again thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Central Florida.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We just got back from our 7-day stay at Parkway International. I must say that we were a little concerned due to some of the reviews that we read prior to arriving. However, I must say we were very pleased with our room, service and customer service (with the execption of one person). Our check-in was great and so was our check out. No roaches (one Palmetto Bug in the living room; make sure to not keep your door open for long periods of time), DB got rid of it and that was the end of it. We did have tons of "love bugs", but they are in season right now all over Florida. Rooms were spacious, clean, and we were very happy. Our first night there we hung out at Kenya Cafe, go hang out with Greg & Norm, these guys will hook you up with some serious drinks and maybe even surprise you with some special dishes, just go early since they close around 9 (my only complaint is that they closed early and the pool is open til 11). Parkway is in a great location, close to all theme parks, highways, parkways and even restaurants. Pool was nice! Give a it a chance and keep those doors closed.

Room Tip: Top floor was awesome didn't here a thing.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rmilagros
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about Parkway International Resort. We are very pleased to hear that you were pleasantly surprised during your recent stay. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the beautiful pool area, the Kenya Kafe and Norm and Greg! We have a wonderful staff that enjoys building lasting relationships with all of our guests. I apologize that there was one individual that was not friendly to you and I appreciate that you recognized this was an isolated incident. Once again thank you for taking the time to review our resort and we hope that you will visit Parkway International Resort again on your next visit to Central Florida.
long island
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I just spent a week at the Parkway International.. Checking out Sept 2nd. The resort which is really just a few buildings and one pool, oh, yeah, and a tennis court was pretty empty and despite my requests to be near the pool ( I am handicapped and cannot walk more than 100 feet without assistance,) I was put in building G. The pool is behind building A. The front desk said" its just a walk around the buildings, not to bad of a walk". I said I cannot walk that far. 500 yards or whatever, anthing more than 100 feet , its all too hard for me.
I understand it is hard for people to realize that a chubby healthy looking woman who seems to have no disabilities - has a disability.
I have COPD, and several herniated discs which make it extremely painful to walk more than a few steps at a time. Of course I understand requesting a room near a pool is only a request, but most hotels try to be accomodating. I was told a note was put in the computer to try to get me a room closer.
From what I understand , the male at front desk didnt put a note in or try to get me a closer room. I made a few calls to the front desk, each time getting someone else, assuring me they would try to move me. Getting in my car and driving to the pool was a joke! You are soaking wet and make your seats in your car wet and then they smell up the car like mildew!!
Finally on Tuesday I was moved to a room closer! IT was great, ground floor room right near the pool! I could walk out the back dooor to the pool and see my child from the patio.
So , now I start seeing giant COCKROACHES! No, not the florida Palmetto bugs, these were cockroaches! Could I ask to be moved again? No. So now my dream room has roaches. Not a dream anymore.
I was so concerned with my luggage and clothes and of bringing them home with me. I had to sort through all my luggage and wash and dry everything, it took me hours.
I did inform the front desk about the roach problem and they did use the eco friendly company. I also did tell them about the front door. seems the bottom of the door was too high and we actually saw a roach come in under the front door.

So, we were in the room far from the pool for 4 days, and couldnt utilize the pool, now in a room that had cockroaches, which really turned me off, and ruined my time. I am still hoping one of the roaches didnt hide in one of our suitcases and come home with us. We drove so they could have made the trip back here alive.
THe room was nice. Actually the building G room was very nice with a huge bathroom.
Building A room was a little smaller,the bath room was also smaller, with a shower that could only fit a child. Everything was nice enough. Nice kitchen, nice sized beds.but........

We stayed here a few years ago, and lke the other reviewer expected the buildings to be run down-and they weren't. Last time we had a great time , I had a great feeling being here and couldnt wait to come back. THe roaches really upset me and to be honest wont ever come back.

Room Tip: Building G near the tennis court and bigger rooms. Building A near pool, but smaller
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank deelovesdis
ParkwayManager, General Manager at Parkway International Resort, responded to this review, 29 September 2011
Thank you for your recent posting. I apologize for the staff not being able to accomodate your request to be close to the pool more quickly. We try to accomodate every request to the best of our ability but due to the fact that we are a time share resort, we have owners that are deeded to certain units and the popularity of the pool area it is not always possible for us to put each and every guest in the unit of their preference. However, I am glad that they were able to move you to the area you preferred when a unit became available. As for the insect issue, I am also sorry that you had to experience the insect. I can assure you that we are very diligent in working with our pest control company to prevent insects from entering the units, at times, they do manage to find their way in. Our pest control company uses a baiting system which is safe for our guests and ecologically friendly but can take a couple of days to take effect. We are glad that you did enjoy the units in general and that you were pleased with the upkeep of the resort. We are continually upgrading and maintaining the resort so that our guests can rest assured that each visit will be of the same quality that they have become accustomed to. We take your concerns very seriously and put preventative measures in place daily to insure that we resolve any situations that are not as they should be. We hope that you will reconsider visiting Parkway International Resort in the future.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Stayed here with husband and 3 (grown-up) children, plenty of room for 5. The condo was very clean and beautifully decorated. The pool area was great and the pool size adequate. The staff where always friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate to stay at the Parkway again, fantastic value for money and a great location.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent posting of your experience at Parkway International Resort. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the units and they were spacious enough to comfortably sleep your party. We are also happy that you were able to interact with the staff and that they were able to provide you with friendly service and get you any information you may have needed. We hope that your next trip to Central Florida will be spent here at Parkway International Resort!
Northumberland
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We have just returned after a 3 week stay here at the Parkway International and I can honestly say I haven't got a single complaint. Even before we arrived, being paranoid, I emailed the resort to check on our booking and received a friendly and prompt response. We arrived very late after flight delays, but had no problems checking in, the security officer who showed us to our apartment was friendly and courteous and the check in process was quick and easy and at no point were we hassled to buy a timeshare, although if I could have afforded one I would definitely have considered it. The apartment itself was lovely - more spacious and pleasant than our home in England! All the rooms are nicely furnished, the beds are very comfortable and there is certainly every appliance and utensil that I would care to use and plenty that I didn't get around to using! I was especially delighted with the washer/dryer as I don't have a dryer at home and I found it extremely convenient and effective at getting my family's clothes dry quickly. We were in a ground floor condo so we didn't have to climb any stairs and we barely heard any noise from upstairs or next door. If I was being picky my only negative would be that we didn't have a particularly exciting view - over the tennis court and the back of the shops - maybe next time I would see if I could request a condo overlooking the pool, but really that is an extremely small thing. We did see one cockroach in our room - it was no big deal, I trapped it in a glass and put it out the door and were't bothered by any again. The complex itself is small but perfectly formed! Our kids (aged 12, 7 and 5) enjoyed the play area and loved the pool which was heated and lovely to swim in at the end of a long day at the parks. The jacuzzi was amazingly hot and relaxing. Although the pool is quite small, it was never crowded and there was always spare chairs and plenty of room in the water. The nature trail was short, but pretty although I was disappointed we saw no snakes! We did see fish and turtles and lots and lots of lizards and squirrels. Some of the boardwalk was being replaced during our stay but it caused us no problems. We found the staff friendly and pleasant whenever we encountered them. The security guards were often seen doing their rounds (even during torrential rain!) and always said hello. The staff in reception were pleasant, efficient and helpful when we went to collect our suitcases (which had missed our flight), when they sorted out a problem with our room key and on checking out. As for location, the Parkway is in a great place for visiting the Disney Parks, just 10 to 15 minutes depending on which park you're trying to get to and about 20 to 25 mins up to Seaworld and Universal. You are right next to the I4 and a short drive to International Drive. Being located on the 192 there is no shortage of places to shop and eat. You can walk to a few shops and restaurants next door to the complex although I wouldn't advise using the supermarket there as their prices are phenomenal - head up to Walmart on Vineland Road or Turkey Lake Road instead and stock up (they're open 24 hours - we went at 2am!) It is also quite close to Old Town which is worth a trip on a Friday or Saturday night to see the cars. I would recommend an evening visit to Pirate Cove mini golf - there is one just off the 192 or one at Lake Buena Vista (not Pirate Island which is next door to the Golden Corral) - it is very atmospheric and a lot of fun. There are lots of cheap restaurants nearby - I wouldn't recommend Ponderosa, but I have no complaints with Sizzler and the range at the Golden Corral is well worth the price you pay. However, if you want to eat in, there are all the cooking facilities you need in the condo. If I had eaten in more often, I might not have had so much dieting to do now I'm home! All in all, we had an excellent time and I would stay here again tomorrow. Next time we visit Orlando, this would definitely be one of my first choices. Real value for money and we were very impressed.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the pool had the best view - G is the furthest block away from the facilities...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for posting your review of your experience at Parkway International Resort. We are very pleased to read that you had a wonderful time at the resort. We strive to make our guests feel welcome and secure during their vacations and it appears that we are accomplishing our goals. Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope that you are able to return to Parkway International Resort in the future and you will be as pleased on your next trip.
Texas
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Our family of 5 stayed here in July 2011, our second time. And, once again, we are quite pleased. The condo is spacious and comfortable. We parents like having our own room. The pool area is nice, but not memorable. The best point, without a doubt, is proximity to the Disney parks. You can get from the condo parking lot to a Disney parking lot in 5-10 minutes. You only go through one light, and even that is a right turn. All this, combined with an awesome rate if $90 a night, made us very happy.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank GeorgemTexas
ParkwayManager, General Manager at Parkway International Resort, responded to this review, 20 August 2011
Thank you for your recent review of Parkway International resort. We are delighted to hear that your second visit with us was as enjoyable as your first. We strive to have guests return and have a consistantly great stay! Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Central Florida.
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Our family absolutely enjoyed our stay here. We happened to be at this resort the same time that cju13 was there. We were advised on the remodeling going on and adjusted our plans accordingly. Since we weren't there much during the day it really didn't inconvenience us. Our two bedroom/two bath unit was more than spacious for our family of four. Having a kitchen along washer/dryer in the unit cut down on meal and laundry expenses. The location of this resort puts you within short driving distances of Walt Disney World and the Atlanta Braves and Houston Astros Spring Training complexes.

As others have pointed out this is a timeshare...they asked me when we checked in if I was interested which I replied I wasn't and that was the end of it. I had to make a minor change to our reservation and the staff was more than accomodating. This was definitely a bargain for the price which we paid. We had no problems with any type of insects and the internet speed was more than adequate. In a couple of years we will probably be interested in a timeshare to coincide with our vacations.

Our family will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
ParkwayManager, General Manager at Parkway International Resort, responded to this review, 18 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Parkway International Resort. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you mentioned, The proximity to the parks the Spring training complex is ideal if you are planning on visiting these areas. We are pleased to hear that the units accomodated your family comfortably and your patience with our beautification of the resort is appreciated. We thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Central Florida.