“Great Place, Great Location and Great Space”

Parkway International Resort
Ranked #10 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 5 April 2009

We have just returned from the Parkway. we are a family of 2 adults and 4 children aged 6, 7, and 15 year old twins. We all enjoyed staying at the Parkway. The Accommodation was spacious and we did not feel 'on top' of one another in the least. The Kitchen was so well equipped, it was like a home from home expericene. Only dirty washing I had to bring home was the Pj's as had washed and dried (with the appliances) as I went along. The pool area was lovely and not at all packed. There is a games room, a playground, a shuffle board area and also gas bar-b-q's which can be used at your convenience. The Radisson Hotel was across the street and was nice for my husband and I to go over a couple of nights for a quiet drink. The location was within easy walking distance of old town and an abundance of restaurants and shops. The disney parks were all only a 10 min drive away - perfect! I would definitely go back to the parkway and look forward to our next visit. Also a visit to Downtown disney is a must and especially go see Cirque du Soleil - you will be mesmerised!!

Reviewed 4 April 2009

We found Parkway International to be an excellent value for the package price that we paid to stay for a week. This is our 6th trip to the Disney area and I found this resort to be the best value for the money that we have so far stayed. I'm assuming that all rooms in this resort are the same with two bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen (with fully stocked utensils), a small laundry area w/ washer & dryer and two bathrooms (one adjoining the master bedroom and the other just across from the 2nd bedroom). The kitchen saved us a bit of money with a Publix Supemarket just down the street.
We were just minutes from the Disney property and felt like we really received our money's worth at this resort. Be aware that there is no daily maid service provided for a week's stay. We did have one little "glitch" whereby there was sand in one of the beds when we first checked in but a maid was quickly sent over to change out the sheets. We didn't hold this against the resort as they were more than accomodating in charging us one less night's stay when our flight was cancelled due to weather conditions and I gave them less than 24 hours notice. One other thing. This is a timeshare resort but we were never approached or pressured. The only contact we had with a salesperson was after we checked in at the front desk they send you across the hallway to get your parking pass. I was delayed for a minute here as I was offered a free breakfast where I could hear about a timeshare offer and receive free tickets, etc. I just said I would think about it but never committed or attended. We have stayed at a different resort on each of our Disney trips but I would definitely consider this one again in the future.

Reviewed 18 March 2009

We stayed at the Parkway for ten days.The suite was a very good size,and had everything you could need-dishwaher,washing machine,dryer etc.A nice touch was the bag of tissues,paper towel,washing and dishwasher powder put ready for you,along with coffee,sugar and creamers.Good idea for guests that dont want to stop off on their way to the hotel after a long journey,Swimming pool area was really nice,with a poolside bar.Children seemed to enjoy the games room.
The only thing that let this resort down was the rooms were soooo dark.We had the lights on constantly.Apart from that though,we really couldnt fault it.
Would I stay again? Most probably,yes.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank collettebristol_U_K_
Reviewed 17 March 2009

We are actually staying at the resort as I write this. I got the room through an interval exchange.
First, the room is okay. The shower in the master is not good sprays out a mist....The condo size is nice and decorated in a Jungle Theme. The pool is small and crowded and i don't like being hounded for a time share just to get my parking pass.

When we checked in we had an unexpected charge on our bill for changing our reservation. We never changed our reservation and the ironic part was the date they had for us on the change was before I even made the reservation. The desk clerk did correct this but it took a while.

I probably wouldn't stay here again it is just not a Marriott property....

1  Thank dan85leah
Reviewed 12 March 2009

Stayed here for two weeks on an exchange timeshare the room was spacious, clean & had a very good kitchen area. Checking in was easy the staff were great & the rooms were ready. There appears to be no maid service as such if you wanted towels & a change of bedding you had to ask for extra. Good pool area with childrens playground & great hot tub after long days at the theme parks. Our main & only gripe was that after about a week when the rooms change over the kitchen utensils were removed so we came back on the night to find spoons missing & other kitchen equipment missing very strange. When we informed the front desk they just issued us with new ones they said they would inform housekeeping no real explaination.
A few days later we would discover glasses & chopping board missing so we had to ask for more although we were never charged for any of the missing items.
Other than this the complex was superb clean & tidy & only five minutes from disneys hollywood studios no more than twenty from all Disney complex on the US192.
Access to all areas are easy from this resort, there is a Wal-mart nearby & Old Town two minutes down the road.
Its was a great stay & a super complex but they need to get the housekeeping sorted out
but apart from that it was quiet pleasent stay.

1  Thank DouglasCarlisle_UK
Reviewed 4 March 2009

we just stayed 5 nights at this hotel after getting a great rate off hotels.com. rooms were huge and offered anything you could want in a room. this was our first time staying off disney and was afraid it would loose the disney feel, but it didnt. the rooms were decorated in safari theme, we had a 3rd floor room and loved the high ceilings but hated the walk(no elevators) the washer and dryer came in handy as my little one was sick a couple days and needed washing done.
the dislikes- ( im being nit picky)the floors were a little dirty, socks were brown, ring around jacuzzi tub(cleaned it myself and still used it and it was awesome) $7 a day for crib so brought my own pack n play
the likes- nice heated pool, kids loved the playground,tennis court, game room,nature trail. lots of room, beds were comfy screaned in porch

1  Thank zoom8942
Reviewed 25 February 2009

Even though check-in is 4:00, we were hoping to get in early after reading some reviews and couldn't.(driving 17 hrs and pouring rain with 3 children) But after we got in, it was well worth the wait. The staff was great. (Lobby closed at 10:00, don't know what you would do to check in after that) The water pressure in the shower and jetted tub was TERRIFIC! (towel bars in each bath) Plenty of storage, under wetbar, and in tv cabinet, each bedroom had a dresser and nightstands, closets in each room and hall. They also had a can opener, hand mixer, blender, 2 patty sized-george foreman, icemaker in freezer, among others people have mentioned. Cleaning service is available for more money, which I would rather bring some clorox wipes and spray to do myself and you know how clean it really is (as I do anywhere I go) The only reason I gave it a 4 on cleanliness is because when you walk in it looks very clean but as I was wiping down, there was some ketchup splattered on the dishwasher and the shelf in back above the jetted tub needed cleaned, etc. Lots of lights and many lamps that could be adjusted by the 3-way switch. The 2nd bedroom was not as well lit. Had ironing board & iron. The decor was very nice. Landscaping beautiful all the way around. Usually only a few people swimming at most with others at tables or lounging. We loved the 2 nature trails, and the ducks eat out of your hand (snakes basking in some branches obove water) Lots of nature to discover. We absolutely loved it. It is definitely better than a hotel and reviews were better than anywhere I looked including the more upscale places.

• Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
#2 of 155 in Kissimmee
Liki Tiki Village
Liki Tiki Village
#27 of 155 in Kissimmee

Been to Parkway International Resort? Share your experiences!