“A little treasure!”

Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration
Ranked #35 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 16 May 2011

I love this hotel and really can't find anything negative to say! The hotel is one of the best, if not the best around the Kissimmee area.
I have stayed here every year and just love coming back as it feels like home. With plush surroundings to huge comfy sleeper beds... could you ask for anything more!!!
The Deli is such a plus as well as there is nothing more welcoming to kick start your day with a hot cup of coffee and extremely tasty doughnuts.
The location is ideal as it less than five minutes away from Disney also you can happily walk to the local restaurants and old town just down the road.

This will be our eighth consecutive year and will be back this coming September... Let’s hope I can win on the mini bingo this time round =)

Outstanding!!!!

1  Thank banana77771
ROCRadison, Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2011

WOW, eight consecutive years in a row! On behalf of the entire staff at the Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration, I would like to thank you for your business. We are so grateful you chose to stay with us out of the many hotels there are to choose from in Orlando. We are elated that you enjoyed your stay and found everything to be satisfactory and at a great value! Thank you once again and please feel free in contacting me directly for your next trip in September.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration

Reviewed 13 May 2011

Great resort hotel. We have stayed here 4 times now and it was great. I did not find it to be worn as per other opinions. The rooms were clean and large. Bathrooms modern and clean! The staff at the pool bar, restaurant were so friendly. One afternoon they had make your own sundaes by the pool. The pools are great, one heated and one the perfect temp for us northerners. You can always find a lounge chair by the pool (unlike some of the far more expensive hotels we have stayed in in the Disney area). We had our car so I cannot comment on the shuttle to the park. Get the breakfast with your room great value for the money, great host from Boston! Go yanks!

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor
1  Thank Sheilah01

Hello Boston! On behalf of the entire staff at the Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration, I would like to thank you for your business and for staying with us for the past 4 times. We are so grateful you chose to stay with us out of the many hotels there are to choose from in Orlando. Thank you for posting a review regarding your stay with us- we appreciate your visit and your feedback- daily we continue to work towards offering the great service you encountered, on all levels! Thank you once again and please feel free in contacting me directly for your next stay to the Orlando area.

Reviewed 12 May 2011

I want to first start out by saying I stayed for 5 nights and took this trip to "relax" and do some things uninterrupted online. I pretty much got my relaxation, except for one morning at about 8:30 am housekeeping had there cart right outside my door and it sounded like they were just standing there shuffling glasses and ashtrays or something. It went on for about 45 minutes. I am not a very outspoken person so I didn't say anything, but I should have. The room was surface clean for the most part but very outdated and the carpet in the room could stand to be changed. I did bring disinfecting wipes and was happy I did. I don't think the phone had been cleaned in a while. (it had something dried onto it, that could have been wiped off) I was fortunate enough to get a sleep number bed-it was marvelous! I enjoyed room service one morning and the buffet in the restaraunt the other mornings, they were both really good. Room service is a little pricey, but tasty. I had dinner at the Restaraunt onsite one night and I have to say it was very good. The elevator seemed to be having issues(door would try to close, couldn't, and reopen) it would happen about 3 times before it would close completely. I wasn't able to do anything online though, because the connection was only one little bar, VERY poor connectivity. It would take 4 minutes for a page to load, finally I just got so frustrated, I gave up. I wasn't very happy about that. All of the staff I encountered were very nice. The pools and hot tubs were nice and seemed to be well maintained. The outer doors were supposedly locked after dusk with only key access, but I never needed my key.

Room Tip: Ask for sleep # bed & bring cleaning wipes
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
ROCRadison, Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2011

Thank you for your recent visit to the Radisson Resort Orlando - Celebration and taking the time to share your experiences during your stay. I’ve addressed and shared your comments with my housekeeping team and corrective actions have been implemented to make sure something like does not happen again in the future. I am happy to hear about how you experience excellent service while dining with us in our restaurant outlets. Lastly, I was able to share your feedback with my Chief Engineer regarding problems with the elevator opening and closing. We have since fixed this issue as well. The pool and spa is one of best features and I am so happy to hear about how much you enjoyed those two features at the resort. Please feel free in contacting me directly, if your travels permit you to come back to Orlando area. I would like to see what I can do to far exceed your expectations if you chose to stay with us again in the near future. Best Wishes!

Reviewed 12 May 2011

Booked through priceline. The was a resort fee on top of the priceline bid. Hotel was nothing spectacular. Room was pretty big. Hallway reeked of smoke though. The pool area was pretty big, but outdated. This is disney, so a lot of kids, teens are running around. Didn't bother me at bed time though. Would I choose this hotel again? Probably not. Internet was free, but painfully slow.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear we could not delivery flawless service and a wonderful stay during your stay at the Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration. Please feel free in contacting me directly so we can discuss your stay as I would like to encourage you to come back stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 May 2011

My fiancé and I stayed at the Rad in Kissimmee in March of this year. We booked our holiday 6 months in advance through the Expedia website, excited and content with our choice (good location and reasonably priced room). However after reading a lot of negative reviews on Trip Advisor, we became quite alarmed and worried as to what to expect of the hotel.
It seemed that most travellers were concerned with the state of the room+bathroom. It didn't leave much to desire.
We emailed the reservation team to request a non-smoking/king size room in Building 6000 (as recommended by fellow travellers on TA).The response wasn't quite what we expected; it didn't confirm our hotel reservation and was instead offering us a "romance package". As lovely as it sounded, for an $127 per night not including taxes (haha), it was not what we asked for. So we emailed them again stating we had already booked a room at their hotel and just wanted to check if it was possible to have a room in Building 6000. We got another couple of emails, which ignored the content of our emails and offered us other packages. We had to finally call the hotel for the reservation manager, Garnedy, to take over. She assured us we would have a refurbished room in the desired building. We asked for a confirmation in writing just to be sure; which we got. We are never fussy when on holidays but our good sense and their lack of communication skills, left us quite wary and thought it was a good idea to take certain measure of precaution.
We emailed them 10 days before our departure, just to check that everything was in order.

When we finally got to the hotel after travelling for 24 hours, we had to wait another 45mins before being able to check in. We were given a room in Building 4000 and didn't bother putting up with a fight. I just mentioned the emails and the front desk staff told me " M'am all the rooms are the same".

Well the room was lovely, spacious and clean, to our greatest relief. The sheets and towels were changed every day and the cleaning staff was engaging and polite. Our only complaint is that we were next to the elevator and the ice room. So there was quite a bit of noise during the night. Not to mention we went there during Spring Break, so there were quite a few randy students running and screaming in the corridors in the evenings.

We ate once at the hotel restaurant. The food wasn't the nicest and we found ourselves, after the first evening, wandering around the area for better restaurants and dinners. There was a bar by the pool which served great cocktails. We ordered food from the bar, which always took a while to come, but that's probably due to the fact there was only one lady (lovely by the way!) working behind the bar, taking all the order and running back and forth to the next door restaurant to get the food.

There are two swimming pools in the hotel: a big one (water is cold) and a small one which is heated. We used the big one as it was most of the time empty.
The hotel was packed, but we weren't at the hotel during the day, so didn't really mind or care.Overall we were pleased and had a great time! Most definitely a trip we will remember!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alexandra B

Thank you for your recent visit to the Radisson Resort Orlando - Celebration and taking the time to share your experiences during your stay. I’ve addressed your concerns regarding the corresponding back and forth emails regarding your reservation. Thanks again for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your stay. Best wishes.

Reviewed 11 May 2011

This is a perfectly located hotel if you are going to visit Disney World. I reserved this hotel on priceline, so I cannot complain about the price of the hotel. However, if I were paying the standard rate, I would be sorely disappointed. The first thing I noticed when we entered the hotel was the shabby condition of the entryway and the elevator. Carpet in the elevator was dirty and fraying at the edges--not what I'd expect from a Radisson. Additionally, there were large school groups staying in the hotel and much noise.

The service staff at the hotel were nice and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable and fine for a stay where we were normally only in the hotel to sleep. Internet is also included in the resort fee.

2  Thank ruisenor1

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We look forward to seeing you back again real soon. We’ve addressed your concerns regarding the elevator appearance and have since fixed the issues. Thanks again for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your stay. Best wishes.

Reviewed 10 May 2011

This is a great hotel hotel for the price.We stayed here for a week or so and had a great stay.The large pool is great and the kids really enjoyed it.The other pool was alright but a bit too hot for this time of year.More like a large hot tub then a pool.The hotel offer great food from a onsite restaurant and pizza hut.There was also entertainment for the kids like poolside games and movies in the lobby.The rooms were clean and had lots of room.The hotel has a great layout for the size of it,not a long walk to go anywhere on the grounds for the amenities.Only beef I had was the internet,had trouble getting it in my room and when I did it was very slow.Would stay again and recommend this hotel to anyone.Tip,try booking through travel sites,you might save the resort fee like I did($11-$12 per night)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Kissimmee/Celebration
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
Magic Moment Resort and Kids Club

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!