“Great Hotel and excellent attention” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration
Ranked #35 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Tarija, Bolivia
“Great Hotel and excellent attention”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

My vacation in this hotel was great, especially with the personnel that took care of everything and made us feel great in our time in the hotel. I am really happy that I picked this hotel and I will return soon.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ROCRadison, Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, 28 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post comments on TripAdvisor, about your most recent stay at the Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration. Please feel free in contacting me directly the next you see yourself traveling to the Orlando area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

I usually research my hotels prior to trips but since we were traveling with a large basketball group, I booked this hotel with the rest of the team. We stayed for 1 week and had about 20 rooms. This review is the general opinion of the group.
PROS- very close to disney, I-4. Nice pool, bars, deli, laundry, games, movies, staff. We got a 79 rate, no resort fee and breakfast included.
CONS-rooms and hallways are old and musty. Carpets wet around A/C. Bathrooms moldy, showers drip. Exhaust fans filthy and loud. AC filthy. Doors/locks to rooms difficult to operate, sleep number beds worked in very few of the rooms, wireless and cable for computers was very spotty, stairwells both interior and exterior were disgusting. Never been cleaned. LInens and trash piled in the hallways all day long. Breakfast buffet was not good. Even with it being free, most of us skipped out after the first 2 days. Parking was limited and impossible at night to find a spot.
Finally, several of the families felt that there were bed bugs, both from bites and in their luggage when they got home.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank vacation22
Thank you for your comments regarding this matter. The management of this resort maintains a high level of standard in the cleanliness of our guestrooms. We thoroughly investigate matters of any nature brought to our attention and will immediately take appropriate action to resolve all when we are made aware.

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Parker, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

My mom and I stayed at this resort (I am 20) for a mother-daughter trip to Harry Potter World at Universal and the Disney parks. I am sad to say that the shuttle service was extremely disappointing given the fact that it is included in the $12.50 per night resort fee. The hotel shares its shuttle with the Days Inn and the Howard Johnson, both pretty cheap hotels, which causes them to fill up fast. My mom had called the night before we checked in to see if we had to place reservations for the shuttle, but we were assured by the woman on the phone that they NEVER fill up so that is not necessary. Boy was that wrong. The Universal shuttle was fine the first day, but it only had one departure time and one pick-up time, which was frustrating because it greatly limited our options. The Disney shuttle could BARELY fit everyone on the way there both mornings, and would only drop off at Epcot, so we had to take a monorail and a bus to get to the parks we wanted to go to every day.

The worst part was that they provide 5 shuttles TO the Disney parks and only 3 shuttles BACK. When we tried to get on the 8:45 shuttle there were twice as many people waiting at the stop as there were available seats causing all-out chaos when the bus pulled up. Elbows were thrown, kids were pushed around, families were separated, and about 25 people were left to wait another hour to be take back to their hotels. We asked the driver of the shuttle if this was a regular occurrence and he told us there had been a fist fight the week before and he had also had objects thrown at him in the past by angry patrons. When we got back to the Radisson, we asked to speak to a manager to inform her of what had happened. We didn't expect a change to be made during the last day we were there, of course, but we wanted to encourage them to change this for future guests because it felt genuinely UNSAFE. We didn't feel like our comments were heard and we got a free breakfast card that could only be used after 7AM at the sit-down restaurant, which we didn't have time to use because we were out of the hotel every morning by 7:15 in order to wait for the shuttle which might not have enough space for us if we showed up last minute. Oh, the irony.

As far as the rest of the hotel, it was great. If you are not planning on going to the parks, I would recommend the hotel. The beds were very comfortable (our room had a sleep number), everything was clean, and the grounds/pool were beautiful. A better to-go breakfast selection would have been nice.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a sleep number!
1 Thank klc143
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your most recent stay at the Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration. I am sorry to hear about your experiences while using our transportation services to Disney. Please rest ensure, we have since addressed your concerns, and we are not offering more bus services, and large buses are now being deployed to help with transporting our guest to/ & from the parks during this busy summer season. I am happy to hear about how you enjoyed the rest of your trip and stay with us. Best wishes Charles.
Miramar, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

We go to Disney at least 4 times a year for the past 10 years, and have literally stayed in every resort / hotel in the Disney area.
The staff, amenities and activites they provide are top notch. We were so impressed with the care and services the staff provided compared to other resorts/hotels. While in the main pool with the kids the staff has so many activties for them, you as a parent can relax while watching your little one have a great time. So on the days you do not want to hit a park, do not worry that you will be entertained by the staff.
Last visit for 4th of July, we spent it at the Presidential Suite, it is beautiful and very spacious. Sleep Number beds,,,,amazing. We can't wait to go back next month before school starts. Love the pina coladas at the Tiki Bar. The breakfast buffet at the Mandolin is better than any of the area restaurants and you don't have to leave the resort!

The Romero Family

Room Tip: Building 6000
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
The Romero Family, thank you for staying with during your most recent trip to the Orlando. In addition, thank you for sharing your comments and feedback regarding your stay. Please feel free in calling me directly if your travels permit you to come back to the area in the near future. Best Wishes Charles.
Annapolis, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

My husband and I came to Orlando on the second leg of a business trip, paired with the opportunity to view the final NASA shuttle launch. Arriving at the Radisson around 11pm after a late evening flight, we were greeted by dingy lighting and multiple roaches - some crawling on a wall and others curled up dead on the floor.

That really should have been our first clue.

We trudged along, trying to ignore the mini roach hotel and graveyard section we'd just seen and checked into the hotel, where the staff was moderately friendly. We were charged a resort fee on top of our hotel fee, so that is something to keep in mind if you decide to try to brave what is presently known as the worst hotel I have ever seen.

Once given our key cards, we made our way through the maze of hallways, greeted by broken doors hanging half off their hinges, filthy dirty carpet that obviously had not been vacuumed in months, cracked and broken light fixtures and carpet completely ripped up in sections as long as approximately 5x8 pieces.

Our room was no better.

Upon opening the door, we were greeted by a broken sleep number bed, more filthy carpet, permanently yellowed bedding, cracked fixtures and a generous layer of dust. We were so mortified we called the front desk and asked for a change of room, were informed they were all to this standard, but were nonetheless immediately shifted to another building. Room two was no better, minus the fact that the sleep number bed did work in this room.

The entire space just felt disgusting, and neither of us would even sit in the chairs, let alone lay in the bed. About the time I turned the bathroom light on and received an electric shock, I was done. We called our booking agent and left immediately.

I will give the staff credit for giving us zero hassles during this process. They were mildly irritated, but otherwise professional and friendly. We have stayed in various hotels around the world and can say with confidence this is the worst. And, I say that not as an every day five star visitor, but as someone who merely wants a nicely appointed hotel room that is clean and comfortable. Roaches, dirty carpet, ripped carpet, broken doors, broken fixtures, a broken bed, a light switch that shocks you and dirty linens...Need I say more?

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Couple_Connoisseurs
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your stay at the Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration. Although our Housekeeping staff does an excellent job cleaning our guest rooms, insects are occasionally brought into hotel rooms on peoples clothing or in their suitcases, in addition, due to the recent rain and hot temperatures the area has been receiving over the pass few weeks, insects are likely to enter indoors, to escape the heat and rain. When this happens, we have the rooms professionally treated to ensure they don't spread to other rooms. Best wishes Charles.
indianapolis, IN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

We just returned today from a 7 night stay at the Radisson Resort - Celebration. I personnaly would never stay at this hotel again and would not recommend it to friends or family. We were very excited about this hotel after reading the prior reviews. As many have stated the lobby is nice and check-in was very quick. Walking to the room we noticed that the hotel itself was in great need of repair. The carpets in the elevator, hallways, rooms are disgusting. Stains are everywhere! It smelled musty but I expected that in a humid climate. After unpacking we noticed that our safe did not work. After calling the front desk and a repairman coming up it was determined that we would have to switch rooms to get a safe that worked (we really use a safe since most of our purchases are with cash on vacation). After speaking with the front desk (not helpful) the manager got on the telephone and said that he would remove the resort fee for our trouble and explained that we could not move rooms since the hotel was full. I appreciated his honesty and decided that we would make do by locking our money in our car. The shuttles to the parks were only to EPCOT and were early in the morning with pickup later in the evening (Nothing in between). We have small children and we could not take the chance of having to stay at the parks until 7:00-8:00 p.m. if one of them didn't feel well or someone got tired. I thought that the shuttles were not at all convenient and we never used them. We swam in the pool a couple of times and found plastic, wrappers, etc... floating. It could have been from that day but it just did not feel clean. The waterfalls and fountains are very nice and the kids loved them as they loved the slide. Bottom of the pool is peeling. I had a massage by the pool and it was very nice. The price was in line with massages here at home so I thought that they did not try to gouge visitors. After reading a prior review I now know where my husband and sons got the flea bites all over their legs!! We do not have animals and they have them (flea bites) everywhere on their legs. Housekeeping was not good at all. Most days our room was not cleaned until 4:30 -5:30 p.m. One day we returned from the parks at 11:00 p.m. to find out that our room was never cleaned. After calling the front desk they asked if they could send someone up to clean it. Since it was 11:oo p.m. we declined and ask for new towels (which were sent w/in 15 minutes). One day we were leaving for the parks at 10:30 a.m. and was told by the housekeeping supervisor that they had no towels and that we would have to wait if we wanted them. We always tip daily the housekeeping staff and we decided that we were not receiving the service to constitute a daily tip. We have always stayed onsite at Disney and will do so from this point. on.

Room Tip: Not possible
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank legalease
ROCRadison, Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, 15 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your stay on Tripadvisor.com. I apologize on behalf of the team for the troubles that occurred during your stay with us. I would like to speak to you over the phone about some of the comments mention. Please call me the hotel and ask to speak to Charles Wright. I wish we could’ve done a better job during your stay. Best wishes Charles.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

Great place to stay. Has everything you need at one location. Close to Disney and other attractions. You can even see fireworks from the top floor. Rooms are very clean. Hotel needs a little updating. Staff is super friendly and hotel food taste great. Pool activities are fun and great for kids. We love to stay at this location when we want to just get away.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for posting such a great response about how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is great, thank you for pointing that out. The resort is only 1.5 miles away from the main gate to Disney. I will make sure to share these comments with my team internally. Please feel free in contacting me directly the next time you chose to come back to the Orlando area. Best Wishes Charles.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
#41 of 153 in Kissimmee
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,394 reviews

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!