“Comfortable, Convenient, and Courteous Staff”

Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration
Ranked #37 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 22 May 2012

With excellent convenience to parks and attractions, this resort has many positive attributes. Beyond the convenience of the location, though, the indoor pool and spa area with easy access to the lounge is a great place to relax in the evenings. This resort also boasts a great outdoor pool area with sand for fun in the sun with a beach feel even away from the coastline. There is a great restaurant in the resort as well as many eatery options neighboring the building. I would suggest this resort to any who are visiting the Orlando vicinity.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
ROCRadison, Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Please note, the Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration does not have indoor and spa area. In addition, we do not have sand areas with beach feels. After reading this review and the details, I am concerned you may have posted for the wrong hotel. Please give me a call to verify.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,121)

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Furniture a bit shaky, next to no water pressure in the shower. Room was clean and comfortable enough. My first room smelled of seafood left out for 3 days and the toilet was constantly running. After notifying the front desk they did put me in another room right next door. Having been in the area before I would have preferred to stay elsewhere. This hotel was an overflow location for a conference attended in the area.

As part of our conference package breakfast was included and it was good. Buffet with various options including eggs, bacon, sausage, cereals, fresh fruit and various other continental breakfast options.

I do not need big fancy hotels, but like a nice room with some amenities and comforts. This just seemed to be lacking something.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your stay at the Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration. In addition, thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

Mom/Daughter Get Away... Hotel was average. Beds were Hard, water pressure in shower was extremely low. Staff was friendly, pool was excellent, resturant was extremely delicious but wait was excessive due to short staff. Shuttle bus driver was rude and drove reckless...

Room Tip: Higher floor has great view
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your stay at the Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration. We truly appreciate your feedback in all areas mention. Thank you for choosing the Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration. I will make sure to share your comments with my team, to help us identify any areas of opportunity within our operation. It is our goal to offer flawless services. We appreciate your business. I hope you decide to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

Very good experience....
From the front desk at check in, to the lovely landscape to the amenities. Everything at your finger tips. The reason I did not give a 5 is that the housekeepers could do a little cleaning the rooms...the floor was not vaccumed well, and there was no dusting done. I found fruitloops from the last guest.

Room Tip: I recommend this resort, just make sure your room is cleaned well...we checked in at 2am so I was to...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your stay at the Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration. I apologize for the housekeeping issue. My housekeeping managers and room inspectors are working on a program to make sure this does not happen again. Thank you for choosing the Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

Aside from the very personable owners/staff .. . it is very very cool setup .. bring unique hot sauces and signage and join the party

Room Tip: ground floor near the pool or hot tub area .. no problem with partiers .. very friendly staff and gu...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our Tiki Bar. Come back again!

Reviewed 18 May 2012

My stay at Radisson Celebration was from Saturday, May 5th through Friday, May 11th. My traveling companion was attending the APA Congress at the Gaylord.

Let me start out by saying that I did not meet a single staff member that was not courteous, engaging, helpful and hard-working. The staff is the epitome of customer relations and probably their saving grace. Management seems oblivious to this.

Upon arriving from the airport at the not-so-late hour of 5:00 pm, we found no bellman on duty. Our cab driver thought this was odd having dropped off numerous customers at this location. Keep in mind that the rest of the week there was always a bellman on duty. I am willing to acknowledge them being short staffed. Check-in went quickly and jam-packed with information. They did not offer to get a bellman for us. Being a hotel/resort/convention facility, they need more than a single bellman. Heaven only know how long it would take to get your bags picked up when checking out. Management seems to have a motel attitude.

The Celebration hosts 4 eating areas. The Mandolin's restaurant is open for breakfast and dinner. As advertised, they do offer hearty portions and superb service. I notice they do not comment on the quality of the food and there is a reason for that. Our first night, we went there for dinner. We both ordered Italian entrees and were disappointed that the sauce tasted canned. Breakfast was also just average. I did however thoroughly enjoy the skillet wrap I got from the Mini Market & Diner. Their sandwiches are also very good. The Diner has an order window pool-side for lunch or anytime. The pool area also has the Cascades Bar and the lobby hosts the Sports Lounge. Both offer a full menu.

As we walked through the lobby to our room (bags in tow), we commented on the charm and pleasing quiet. The lobby and grounds are an oasis of foliage, ponds, streams and waterfalls. We were greeted at the foyer of our building by a helpful gentleman who explained how the numbering system worked: building number, floor, room. He then directed us to the elevator. And I do mean elevator - as in one (1) for eight (8) floors of two (2) buildings and it was not large. Seriously! I can confirm there is no service elevator either, adding the staff to the traffic volume.

This resort must have been acquired by Radisson. It is an older hotel and it shows, sadly. The room was small, the decor dated and someone should have actually consulted with someone about what constitutes a "handicap accessible" room. The toilet too low, the vanity too high and the rails put in the tub area assume the guest will bathe and not shower or stand up in the tub. The lack of lighting in the room was unbelievable. The bed lamps were on the far side of each bed, nothing centrally. There was a lamp in the far corner of the room near the desk/table. The bed was hard (I do realize that some people like that) and so were the pillows. Having arthritis, you can guess I did not have a comfortable stay. I suppose the management has never learned that you can givw a soft bed more support but the opposite cannot happen. A friend staying on another floor was surprised at how small our room was. She was in a room with a sleep number king-size bed. Hmm! I know they make those in double/queen sizes.

The brightest light in the room was in the foyer closest to the closet. The lack of outlets was ridiculous. Being a resort area and catering to convention/meeting guests in addition to vacationers, I would have expected them to be part of this century. They do not have to provide a docking station but did not even have a power strip. In order to charge bothe phones, one was plugged in at the desk (across the room from the beds so not the best alarm) and the other had to use the bathroom outlet. This didn't even allow us to charge the iPad or laptop at the same time. The best thing was the in-room safe to put away the electronics while not in the room.

The pool area is huge and well-kept. There are two large pools; both with waterfalls, one with a slide built into the grotto separating them. In addition, there is a small kiddie pool and two jacuzzis. Activities are planned all day long from water polo to bingo. There is volleyball and tennis courts in addition to a playground for the little ones. In the evening, a huge screen is inflated and movies (family rated) are shown. There is plenty of seating available and even tables if the family wants to have dinner during the movie. Lots of fun is available for after or between visits to the attractions in the area.

So if you feel a hotel room is just a place to sleep then you will love the Celebration. Even if the less than great features aren't to your liking, there is plenty to keep you occupied.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your stay at the Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration. I would like to offer my sincerest apology for the different issues addressed on your posting. The hotel management team is fully committed to working with all of our guests and associates to ensure we meet our guest expectations when staying at the Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration. Once again thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

The pictures of the hotel given by Radisson are nice, should have paid more attention to visitors photos.

The outside and pool area are very nice. Surprisingly glad they had an outdoor heated pool, nice for the windy evenings in April. But upon closer observation, the pool was quite dirty. Needed a good scrubbing, and kept finding things in it that looked like the stuffing to a pillow.

Our first room smelled like vomit, either on the mattress or bedskirt. Hotel management said they would correct the problem, but didn't. Also the hotel was supposedly remodeled, but you could still see and smell a film on the door where the room had been smoked in over the years. Relocated us to another room which seemed much better at the time. However after we turned the air on we kept noticing something in the floor in front of the unit. It looked like cigarette ashes, but was hard. Apparently is was a sediment coming out of the unit. So this room too, had an unappealing smell.

They advertise sleep number beds. I have personally never slept on a sleep number bed, but if this is what it's really like then the company would not be in business any more. The beds felt like an old water bed.

Please don't stay here!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank saraht497

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences from your stay at the Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration. I would like to sincerely apology for the inconveniences caused during your stay. I have shared your comments with the rest of my management team. These types of issues are not the norm at the Radisson Resort. Therefore, we are looking into them very, and working with the team to make sure this does not happen again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Park Inn by Radisson Resort & Conference Center Orlando
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Kissimmee/Celebration
Comfort Suites Maingate East

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!