“Excellent”

Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration
Ranked #34 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Excellent”
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

First of all, I would like to put a rest to all the negative reviews and horrible pictures. I booked my room then later saw these reviews and doubted this place. However, when I got to the radisson they took care of us immediately, I asked for a sleep number room. The beds were so comfortable (we stayed in building 6000) the rooms were super clean so were the bathrooms. Hallways were nice and quiet. The pool area had an outstanding view, I can go on and on... but this place was a wonderful stay at a perfect location & I would most likely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank sxl9880
Tatianna782, Executive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you for such positive feedback on your visit to the Radisson Orlando-Celebration. We are excited you enjoyed the sleep number beds. We thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This was not our first stay at this hotel and it won't be our last. I have been coming to this hotel for years. In Fact, I have become friendly with several of the hotel employee's. Mirim, & Amy (who was in vegas this trip), Michelle, Steve & Andrew. 1 of the MAIN reasons we continue to come back is because of the activities they supply for the guests around the pool area every day & usually a DJ playing music. I did hear from several people they are getting ready to do a make over through out the hotel, and I am happy to hear that. However, I just hope that they continue to have activities still by the pool and keep the DJ as well. Our trip was cut short due to my son having a little accident but I can assure you WE will be back if not later in the year, then most likely next summer. Of while we were in Orlando we did visit another property that was The Disney Swan. And truthfully I wasn't as happy there as I am spending time at this hotel. All the staff have always been very friendly and I DO recommend this property to friends & family.
I will add the ONLY issue I had this trip was the A/C unit did not seem to be working very well. And we were on the ground floor it just didn't seem to cool off as well as it should have. If we had stayed longer like we planned I may have said something to management.

Room Tip: I like to get a room with a pools view. I didn't do it this trip, but I will probley get the Bed...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel!

I have shared your compliments with my staff and they were so honored that you mentioned hthem by name. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize my team for a job well done!

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your positive feedback and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Clearwater, Florida, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Stayed at this Radisson for a weekend while going to Disney. We paid over $300 for a 2 night stay! Not any better than any other hotel that you stay in (room wise). Rooms are nothing special.You get the standard things that come with any hotel stay.
However, the property here is beautiful! We had an amazing time out doors at the pool area/ bar. Loved playing the chess game outside. There are many things to do on the property, and I enjoyed that to the fullest! If the price was better, I would have no complaints and would definitely stay here again and again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Elizabeth M
Thank you for acknowledging the fun amenities we have to offer our valuable guests. We have enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Currently on vacation and I Love this place. Great beds (honestly, supremely comfortable) and great location. Easy access to Walt Disney World. Great Bar too!! Highlight though were the staff - couldn't have been more helpful. Upon my arrival there was an issue with my reservation dates. However Jasmine welcomed my family with open arms and resolved the issue in a professional manner. Thanks to her i am visiting Brazil next year! the next day I had the pleasure of meeting Helen, Front Desk Agent. She was fantastic and helped answer all my questions. Because of Jasmine and Helen and their rockin' customer service, I'll definitely be coming back to Rassion Orlando Celebration in the future. Will defintely stay again. Recommeded without hesitation.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mr B
We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.
I have shared your compliments with Yasmine and Helen and they were honored that you mentioned them by name. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize my front desk team for a job well done!

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
New England
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stayed here for 4 days before checking in to THE placeyou should be staying in the Disney/SeaWorld/Universal area: Marriott Grande Vista. I used Carlson points for the stay, but probably would not have been happy to pay the normal rate for the stay as the quality just wasn't there compared to what I normally expect when I stay in the Orlando area.

While this property was OK, I found the rooms to be fairly small and very hotel-like, and in need of updating. And I was supposedly in an "ugrade" room that had already been updated...

The pool area is very nice, and there is a real nice poolside bar/snack area. Overall the property is fairly clean and they appear to be making strides in bringing the property up to date after a long period of maintenance neglect in previous years.

The clientel at this property seemed to be on the "cost concious" side of tourists if that makes sense. The kind who seem to typically partake in discount tickets to the parks, look for cheapfood, etc. I typically prefer a property where the vistitors can enjoy themselves at the property itself without going anywhere. I didn't feel that way during my stay - the room was just too small and the overall feel was that people were just going to the parks and using this property as a place to sleep and maybe swim for an hour or two. That ay appeal to some though, it's just not the type of hotel experience I happen to prefer.

Location can be problematic due to traffic - especially on weekend nights during the summer. However, in general it is very close to Disney and I believe they have a free shuttle you can utilize as well.

Sleep quality was HORRIBLE due to some sleep number beds. I will never stay in a hotel utilizing such beds again. It was like sleeping on a poor quality blow up mattress. I do understand,however, that the property is in the process of replacing the sleep number beds with something more suitable to a good night's sleep. Also, you can probably request a room with a traditional mattress...

Room Tip: See if you can request a room with OUT the sleep number beds...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank revoFL
On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
North Pole, Alaska
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The hotel is under construction so the hallways have a lot of construction dust, however, you don't hear it. The lobby was nice, the pool was great, they did have a cafe but I thought it was pretty high price when you can go down the road to Wawa to get great fresh food at half the cost. The room was clean but extremely dated, it looked nothing like the photos. What was a nightmare was across the hall were people who didn't speak english, a large group of adults, who were loud and slamming the doors as well as the outside door we were right next to. I called multiple times to the front desk who never sent anyone up and wouldn't move our room. this went on from 11pm to almost 4am. The next day my kids were so tired and grumpy that we didn't even use our last day of our Disney passes and they wanted to go home. That speaks volumes alone. Upon checkout I told them what happened and we never even got an I'm sorry and the manager wasn't available to talk to. I won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: Stay away from outside doors or elevators.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Danihinkkanen
Tatianna782, Executive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
On behalf of the Radisson Resort we do apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused during your visit. I have shared your concerns with my team and we are working diligently to assure 100% guest satisfaction.

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Lovely outdoor areas with multiple pools and expansive grounds. Lobby was also lovely with family movies every night and a convenient diner. Business room was well stocked with multiple computers. Friendly staff, easy check-in. Management visible all the time. Corridors were quiet at night. Cleaning service very good. Rooms and bathroom were small but served their purpose. Beds comfortable and bedding clean. Would stay again, but would book two rooms for our family of 4 since the rooms were small.

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
#38 of 153 in Kissimmee
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,489 reviews

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!