“Almost Renovated”

Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration
Ranked #35 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Hotel is still being renovated...the beds are very comfortable, the staff was friendly. My hotel housekeeper was Obalee, and would make sure I had everything I needed. I traveled with my Cheer team. The only complaint I have was that a key was issued to one of my teenage cheerleaders. This was resolved when I went to the Front Desk and requested for that to never happen again.

Room Tip: Should have more vending machines or ice machines on each floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Tatianna782, Executive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Thank you for such positive feedback on your visit to the Radisson Orlando-Celebration. We are excited you enjoyed your stay.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Place is being somewhat remodeled which it needs badly. Beautiful location and layout....

Staff friendly and helpful. No airport shuttle. No free breakfast.

If they get the place totally remodeled it will be a great place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike H

We would like to share some exciting news the hotel has completed the reovation. We have enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area to see the new changes !

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Dirty, unfriendly, false impression,
Incompitent staff. I NEVER complain but this is truly a horror hotel. 65 people were in our group and every single person agreed. Their remodeling was a coat of paint. Elevators broken and pool were filthy. Saddest hotel i have ever stayed in. I wouldnt pay $20 a nite to stay here. They should be ashamed

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Happyguy345
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

We apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay at our hotel. We will be addressing your comments with hotel management, particularly concerning the disappointing service you received from the hotel staff and regarding the condition of the hotel. We can assure you that this is not the level of standard that Radisson Hotels prides itself upon.

We sincerely hope you get the chance to stay with us again in the near future so we have the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel. If you wish to discuss your experience further, please contact Carlson Customer Care.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for only a weekend. I had seen some reviews that were not great due to the fact that they were renovating all the rooms. I asked for building 6000 since that is what everyone said was renovated etc. Front desk reassured us that all were now renovated. We were in building 2000 and our room was indeed renovated and great. They were still working on the first floor but the rest including the 8th where we were was done. Two great double beds, spacious bathroom. Great AC. We definitely had no issues with the room. I did not go to other areas of property so I can't say how they looked. But I will say this, they do need more elevators. I only saw one in our building and didnt have any issues but I am sure once it gets busier it would be a headache for everyone trying to cram into one elevator. There was some noise but it was not due to the resort or the renovations. Basically it was from other people who did not care that people were asleep and it was late at night and they would slam thier room doors like they were at home. It was only the first night and not the whole night either. I guess it was the time that everybody was showing up etc. The location is great. Its close to everything in Kissimmee and Old Town area and took only a few minutes to get to the Disney parks which is why we were there. Close to the I4. We even went down to the Universal area and it didnt take us a long time. All in all I would definitely stay here again and will recommend to others. THey do have a $15 resort fee/daily which I wish I did not have to pay because I never used the pool and other amenities but I guess we can't avoid it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Tatianna782, Execuive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have not yet stayed at the resort although we are booked in for a 9 night stay (28 Dec - 6 Jan). I have tried several times to contact the Resort by email (reservations email address link from website), but as yet I have not had any reply - I fear this is a disappointing start to our holidays if customer relations is this poor.
I am travelling with my family from the UK and would like to ask if:
A) you do a breakfast package as we are currently booked in on a room only basis?
B) do you have mobility scooters/ wheelchairs that can be hired for the duration of our holiday? (I have cancer and tire easily, although I can walk)
C) is it possible to request a room in 6000 eg 6615, as recommended by Travelduck111 so that my young family and I may enjoy the fireworks if we/ I get tired?.
Answers to these questions will be very much appreciated.
Tracytravel140

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Tatianna782, Executive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

I would like to apologize for inconvenience, I will be able to assist you and answer any questions you may have. I will be in the office Monday- Friday 9am-5pm 407-396-7000 ext 1158 Tatiana

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My husband and I and 8 of our employees stayed here for a work conference this past week and had a great time. We were all in the 6000 building and all had renovated rooms. Our room (6215) had a wonderful view of the heated pool and was nicely updated. The only complaints I had with the room were the door and faucets in the bathroom kind of seemed like they were the only things that hadn't been updated in the room but not a huge deal. The bigger deal was that the door to our room had something wrong with it making it very difficult to open which was a little annoying. Honestly we spent so little time in the room though that I didn't really pay much attention to it.

The heated pool was awesome, the other pool with the slide and waterfall was chilly because it was not heated and one of the 2 hot tubs was also pretty chilly, it was actually colder than the heated pool but this was not a big deal since the heated pool and the other hot tub were very nice.

The Tiki bar out by the pool was great but closed kind of early so we had to go to the sports bar after that to get drinks. Also after everything closed at the resort (I think maybe around 1?) you could not get any food, there were no vending machines or anything on premises which proved to be a challenge for some members of our party that stayed up hours later than that.

The food was so-so, Mandolin's dinner buffet was pretty good, yummy fried chicken and mashed potatoes. The food at the conference was inconsistent, some was good and some not so good. The conference facilities were nice though, clean rooms with a nice lobby area where they always had drinks and food or snacks available during our sessions.

All in all a nice resort, I thought it was actually pretty clean for the minimal staff they had there. The only place I saw that was kind of messy was in the stairwell of our building there was some garbage but all other common areas like the pool area were kept very clean.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Travel duck is back after a long hiatus quacking around the home-front! We brought the kids to Disney last weekend, and me, being a budget-minded duck, wanted a decent hotel at a low price. The disney resorts start at $159/night for a low-end Days Inn type property. So, I thought I would try the Radisson when I found it on Priceline for $39/night. Ok, to be honest, I found a three star express deal on Priceline for $39/night, and then figured out it was the Radisson using a little trick (feel free to message me for details). I digress...

We checked in the hotel and I was given a handicapped room in the 6000 building on the 8th floor. However, me being a taller duck, wanted another room, returned to the front desk and was cheerfully given a free upgrade to a room on the 6th floor facing the pool. When putting the kids to bed the night before the visit to the park, I heard the sound of fireworks. Then, I looked out the window to see the Magic Kingdom fireworks going off! What room you ask? Well, you need to be in the 6000 building on a floor 6 or higher, towards the closer end of the property. Duck Tip: Ask for Room 6615, 6715, or 6815 for the fireworks view!

So, the next day, we took the shuttle to the Magic Kingdom, it was really quick about 10 minutes (actually, it takes you to Epcot, and you get on the tram to go to the Magic Kingdom. This is important later, so keep reading...)

After enjoying the Magic Kingdom, we proceeded back to Epcot (via two trams) to wait for the last 11:35 shuttle back to the hotel. Well, the shuttle comes at 11:40 (not bad) but instead of taking us back to the hotel, it goes.. wait for it ... back to the Magic Kingdom to pick up guests from a different hotel! What? We left Magic Kingdom early to go to Epcot for the shuttle and it proceeds right back to Magic Kingdom. Since this stop was not on the schedule, we inquired of the unfriendly driver who proceeded to ignore us while blasting his radio at now 12:15 a.m. Then, he dropped off the other guests at another hotel first!

The next day, we inquired of this unexpected stop(s). The friendly hotel clerk told us that the other hotel has a contract with the shuttle company for a Magic Kingdom stop but not the Radisson. Duck tip: if you take the last shuttle back from Epcot at 11:35, be prepared for two additional stops and a 30-40 minute ride back to the hotel.

As for the property, the rooms were fine, especially at $39/night (+$15 resort fee). But, the property as a whole is very worn, especially the net-less basketball game rusting out in the rain, peeling paint, and scuffed doors. Or, the completely tacky blown up Santas outside by the pool. Come on. The snack shop is reasonably priced, but the decor and feeling of the hotel overall was very dated.

As for the resort fee, I did not mind it because the hotel let you know about it up front and parking at Disney would cost $15 anyways (free shuttle remember?)

And, I thought the employees were really friendly and nice - always saying hello to the guests.

In conclusion, it is not bad for a night or two as long as you do not mind a dated property and a crazy shuttle bus driver who blasts his music at midnight while stopping at other hotels while you are dreaming of your sleep number bed.

Finally (you thought I was done?), no canned responses from the hotel please :) And, folks feel free to message me for additional questions or duck tips!

TD

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank travelduck111

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Kissimmee/Celebration
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
Magic Moment Resort and Kids Club

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!