“Loved It!!!”

Ranked #34 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
el reno ok
“Loved It!!!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My hubby and i stayed here April 28 2014-May 1rst I loved staying here it was super close to everything , shopping , food, gas, fun spot, old town, I mean everything! The rooms were nice and cleaned daily :) Everyone was wayyyy to friendly :) The young man Orlando was the best!! He let us check in early and since some of our rooms weren't ready they took our names down and numbers and called when it was ready which was very soon after I left :) ( we arrived by plane around noon check in is at 4) Beautiful grounds! Has a gym two big pools one heated which was nice and one cooler that has a cave and waterfall and slide! Hot tub was extremely hot lol and the waterfall on it was hot as well it was like a warm bath! Kid area if you have little ones. I do have some complaints like you might have read the walls are thin I could hear a lot in the halls and next to us had kids but that was to be expected we stayed in a city full of kids theme parks!! Just a thought but maybe they should try to stick kids on different floors or sides of the building and couples on one? That would be nice for us people that dont own any kids yet :) The bar by the pool was not open at night on the first night we stayed idk about the other nights bc it was raining so I was out at other places! That was a big let down I loved the way the bar looked out doors! The sports lounge was open indoors but it was a little to classy for us ( what I mean by that was older folks sitting around drinking wine) we are more like music bar crowd beer and shots type of people lol) so we just went down the street got out drinks and brought them back and sat at the tables by the pool. They have a restaurant that smelled good everytime you were outside it made you hungry haha, the deli/ pizza place was a bit pricey personal pan pizza was like about $6 bucks and they only have med pizzas and they run like $13ish & hamburgers are like 9 I think fries are like 3 or so it's just easy to get out everything is on the same street so save money if you can. It was a great stay friendly people and our room view was great!!

P.s pool is open until 11pm and the pizza deli is open until 1am

Room Tip: get the poolside sooo pretty i was in room 1116 loved the view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Phoebehenry
Helen C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
We are all thrilled to see that you and your husband had a wonderful stay at our resort. I have shared your compliments with Orlando, and he was honored that you mentioned him. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize him for a job well done! Regarding the noise level from other rooms, I have addressed the concern with our Management Team and, I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We appreciate your business and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tamarac, FL
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This was an okay stay. The hotel was very dated. They did have things for the kids to do, but upon our arrival the air conditioner in our room was broken. These were the very old type air conditioners and this particular one looked like it was taped together. I know there was mold in the room because of the moldy smell from the water that dripped from the ac. We were able to change rooms without a problem, but I didn't have the "comfort" feel here. I would not stay here again. Common areas were run down. If you just need a place to crash, then maybe this will do, but if you are looking to spend time around the resort... there are things to do, but I'm sure you can find a better place to stay that exceeds this place.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Helen C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
I would like to apologize on behalf of the Radisson Resort Orlando- Celebration for the concerns you may have caused you. I assure you we will be following up with our Management Team regarding this important matter. It is one of our main goals to strive for the best in cleanliness and service, especially keeping up to date on our newly remodeled rooms.

We sincerely hope you get the chance to stay with us again in the near future so we have the opportunity to restore your faith in the Radisson. If you wish to discuss your experience further, please contact me directly at the Radisson Resort Orlando- Celebration.
Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed here for a week chaperoning a very large group of high school kids. The hotel did a fine job with breakfast and had plenty for the kids to eat. We stayed in one of the wings and it seemed like housekeeping had trouble keeping up. Not sure if our hallway saw a vacuum. We, or at least the chaperones, had daily house keeping. Always got fresh towels and the bed was made up. Although once the paper coffee cups were used, they never got replaced. The pool area was well maintain and clean. It was a large area, and had several different pools. I did feel bad about how the group of kids seemed to take over, not to mention the extra noise. There was several schools here at the same time. Our group was locked in at 10:30pm, but heard other groups were allowed to come and go as they pleased. My only tip would be that if you planned on staying here with a family or as couples, I would check with hotel to see if large high school groups were there if you want to avoid that type of commotion. Overall a good choice and close to Disney attractions.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Wispr
We are all thrilled you and the group had a great stay with us. We strive to provide our entire guest with excellent service. I would also like to apologize on behalf of the Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration for the concerns we may have caused during your stay. We will address your comments with our hotel management team, particularly carpet cleanliness, and housekeeping service foam cups. I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Sadly very disappointed with our stay here given the Radisson name!

The corridor areas to the rooms are very dated, threadbare carpet and scuffed and chipped walls.

The first room we were in was not acceptable at all. We had booked a pool view room and this had a musty smell and was dirty. The air conditioning unit made a horrendous noise and was thick with dust. The control was hanging off with bare wires showing. The carpet was very threadbard and dirty.

We asked to move and were given 'the only alternative available" !! by a not particularly helpful member of the reception team. The room we were given was quiter and slightly cleaner definitely but had no natural light as there was a tree growing up against the window!

Couldn't comment on the dining experience as we did not use this

Given our experience, sadly we would not stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Beverley S
Justin J, Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
I am very sorry to hear about the cleanliness issues that you experienced during your stay. I will be sure to follow up with the housekeeping management team. We always strive for the best in cleanliness and service. The issues that you have mentioned are not acceptable in our standard of operation. I will make sure that the necessary managers are made aware of these issues so that they can be avoided in the future. Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your stay.

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I wouldn't recommend this place. I found it to be run down and the common areas were dirty. Food was average quality and overpriced. Staff was friendly, but that didn't make up for the rest. They charge a $20 a day "resort fee" daily. Mandolin Restaurant only served a buffet.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Louie H
We appreciate your feedback and we thank you for allowing us the opportunity in the clarification of the service charge. As a full service resort similar to others throughout the brands and locations, a flat fee is applied to minimize the necessity of having to charge our guest independently of service charges that would otherwise be collected individually. To highlight a few items the flat fee covers; Parking, unlimited Wi-Fi, Usage of Computer/Business Center 24hr/7, Transportation to Epcot, and Various Poolside Amenities, etc... The resort service fee is fully disclosed on all direct to consumer booking channels. I would also like to bring to your attention; our property has been fully remodeled no more than 4 months ago. I know it is one of our main goals to stay up to date to the Radisson and guest standards. Regarding Mandolin’s Restaurant, they do offer buffet style for breakfast, lunch and dinner and menu style for breakfast and dinner only.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a large conference; it was the 2nd overflow hotel, and I didn't arrange it, so I'm unsure of the cost. My hope is that it was a budget rate.
The con's: the air conditioning springs to mind. It's very effective, so no worries there; to be honest, I used the comforter most of the time! The problem with it is it sounds like a wind turbine! It's so loud that it's impossible to watch TV. Looking on the bright side, however, there are many, many children's groups in the hotel, and they're not quiet - I haven't heard a peep in here, due to the A/C.
The sheets & towels had visible stains.
Put my room service request on my doorknob on ymthe first night at about 11:30pm (deadline is 2am) for a 7am delivery; 7am came & went, no food. By 10 after, discovered they'd never picked it up, though they had for the room directly across. Quickly remedied, but frustrating.
The pros: the staff in both the deli/diner and the full restaurant were really accommodating and helpful. I'm gluten intolerant. The restaurant tracked down gluten free bread for my breakfast unasked for, which was lovely. And the chef at the deli/diner was friendly, funny, and went out of his way to make sure I stayed fed throughout my visit.
The rooms provided adequate numbers of drinking glasses and coffee cups, and surprisingly good coffee; I've seen less from much higher end hotels recently, so it was refreshing. Same goes for number of towels.
Also, it's quite close to the Disney parks ($15 - $22 cab fare) and walking distance from Charley's Steakhouse, which was stellar.
All in all, not a terrible experience, and I'd probably stay here again, depending on cost.

• Stayed April 2014
I am thrilled to see you had a positive experience with our staff members; especially how we were able to accommodate you with the gluten free product as requested. I would also like to apologize on behalf of the Radisson Resort Orlando- Celebration for the concerns we may have cause you during your stay. We will be addressing your comments with our hotel management team, particularly the breakfast room service order, sheet cleanliness and regarding the air conditioner noise level. I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Florida
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel April 18, 2014 for one night. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice this hotel was since I got a great rate. We had never stayed there before and we were so excited to find such a nice hotel close to the Magic Kingdom. The beds were very comfortable. The room was clean. The only problem we did have with the room was when we woke up in the morning, ants were covering everything on the table. I had food, my purse and clothes on the table. They got into the food. We had purchased a candy apple at the Magic Kingdom and had to throw it away. I tossed all the food in the garbage. Also, it was hard to find them all in my purse. I was worried about taking the ants home with me. I told the maid in the hallway and she just nodded, but didn't come to see them. I wrote a note about the ants and left it on the table for housekeeping to see. I wrote to the hotel, but have not heard from them. I just wanted them to know about the ants because I know the person that stayed there after me dealt with the same problem. There were so many, they were just everywhere. I did like staying at this hotel, but it would have been nice to have a response from management to make sure they treated the room for ants. One other thing, I got back from Disney at 1:20 a.m and couldn't find a parking spot anywhere. I drove around for ten minutes and had to park very far away from the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Helen C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
I would like to apologize on behave of the Radisson Resort Orlando- Celebration for the concerns you have encountered during your stay. We will be addressing your comments with our hotel management team, particularly the ants. I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
#38 of 153 in Kissimmee
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,483 reviews

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!