“Nice Place for a Getaway”

Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration
Ranked #40 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We live in Orlando (east-side), and stayed here for a weekend getaway - just me and my wife. Overall we had a really nice time. The property is well maintained, and the room was very comfortable. Well, the bed was at least. The furnishings had an "IKEA" flavor to them, and the bentwood chairs were stylish, but not great for relaxing in!

They have a good amount of activities on property, so you can spend a relaxing day or two without ever leaving. And of course it's close to many of the Orlando attractions.

Service was good - but I was not overly happy about the 18% "service charge" that is applied to food bills... even when ordering and eating in the restaurant! I understand a room-service charge, but not in a restaurant. But they do have an on-site Pizza Hut Express, so you could go that route and save some $$$ I suppose!

Pool area is nice, but a few more tables with umbrellas would be good to get out of the sun. Tables get "claimed" early sometimes by families that seem to leave their junk there for the whole day. Nightly movies near the lobby - and right outside the lounge - is a nice touch for parents with kids!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve821
Write a ReviewReviews (4,186)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I guess its all about expectations. My view on this establishment is that it is well past its time and in urgent need of an upgrade. Everything is so 20 years old. Elevators not working in our wing when we stayed for a 3 night convention in January. Cleanliness of rooms etc all good, breakfast totally overpriced and off the mark, everything dried out or overcooked - better value across the road at the local fast food joints. I don't need pool games and entertaining for that matter

Sorry but I can say little more than it was OK and most certainly not what I expect from Radisson. Position was far from everything but well situated for Disney culture if that is what you need.

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Richardbent
Tatianna782, Guest Relations at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your concerns with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure 100% guest satisfaction.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The room was nice. Was cleaned everyday. Had to request additional towels, but was not a problem getting them. The customer service was awesome. We arrived an hour before check-in, but was permitted to check in. Ate at two of the restaurants. The inside deli day & night chefs was great at preparing tasty food. Also the buffet restaurant Mandolins had the best breakfast. Dinner was great also. Shout out to the hostess/waitress Veline. She served us for both breakfast and dinner for two days. Yes, she was pulling a double, but her service was magnificent. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice, clean, family resort! Pool is lovely. Staff is very helpful and they don't allow people that aren't staying at the hotel to swim there.

There are games at the pool daily. Pool is huge. Not much shade though.

Great location too! Close to many activities including Sea World, Disney & Universal.

Make sure your kids can swim if going on the water slide and they are little. There is a current at the bottom of the slide and it can be hard for them.

We did not eat there so can't comment on the food or service.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 21 July 2014

After an extremely long journey we arrived quite late for our check in but was greeted by welcoming reception staff who dealt with the process extremely quickly. We were given clear directions to our building and room which were easy to follow. I was a little concerned about the size of the hotel but there was no need to be worried. The room was clean and nicely decorated with two comfortable beds (a little hard for me but not impossible to sleep on) and a good sized bathroom with plenty of towels throughout our stay. Our beds were re-made every day (even though we made our own beds) and a plentiful supply of tea & coffee was provided. There was a good sized fridge in the room which was great. The Air Conditioning was very noisy which sometimes woke us up but it was a necessary requirement with the high temperatures we experienced. All the staff were really friendly and made an effort to speak to us. We were able to go down early for a swim before going out for the day. The lay-out of the hotel is good with some beautiful grounds which are kept reasonable tidy - a miracle considering how many holiday-makers were there. For those families with children, there is a great entertainment team who lay on games etc each day.
Negatives: The hotel permitted smoking and drinking on the grounds including around the pool area which we didn't feel was right for children to see. Additionally, there was a concern that if parents had been drinking all day around the pool that they would not be in a fit state to deal with an emergency situation should it arise and the entertainers were not lifeguards. Also, although ashtrays were provided for the smoking guests, when we went for our early morning swim there would still be cigarette butts and bottle tops on the floor which is not so nice to tread on. The other issue we had was with Mandolins Restaurant. On the evening of our arrival we needed to eat and went into an almost empty restaurant just before 9pm. We ordered two Burgers and some soft drinks and proceeded to wait for our meal. After 40minutes we queried where our order was and was told it was on its way out. After 1 hour we advised one of the waiters that we were not prepared to wait any longer and asked him to cancel the order. We were advised that the restaurant also provides room service for the hotel and there was only one chef on duty. This was not acceptable and we chose not to eat there again throughout the duration of our stay. Lovely location within easy reach of Airport and I.4 motorway and amongst lots of lovely restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank swoollacott
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I was a little bit concerned about coming to this hotel with my husband and my 9 year old daughter, even thought I read most of the reviews were good u never know how is gonna be on ur own experience, but my expectations were excedeed, first We were impressed how the place look like,They have great customer service, we drove from maryland to orlando nearly 14 hours and arrived way early from check in time and there was not a problem to get our room that gave us plenty of time to rest and to go out the same day we got there. The room we got was clean and neat... just to mentioned a little bit of funny smell on the halls but not in the room , we got a good view of the small pond and garden that they have next to the big pool that by the way is big and nice, we have so much fun there, theres just a few things that they need to work on is the floors at the pool are slippery and theres not much ilumination around the pool at night and is kind hard to see where u stepping on, I got into the lady's restroom at the pool area they had a bad smell and my hubby said the same thing about men's restroom, the bar looks nice but drinks are way too overprice, my hubby got me a frozen pina colada and it cost him $12.43!!!!!!! :0 but those are minor details that this wonderful hotel needs to improve on, the staff on the pool area are awesome and so friendly specially the guy in charge of the music and games he is funny and fun!!!.. the same day we got there my daughter played the stacking cups game, that didnt even finish cause we were so hungry that needed to go and eat and he still gave her a price for participating, that was really nice. We would definetly come back in our future family vacations and tell our friends and families all about it, thank u all for ur tips and reviews they were truefull and helpfull. :)

Elick Nina
Hagerstown, MD

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We booked through Groupon for this hotel and we showed up late (around 10pm) and the hotel did not have our reservation. After 3 hours of standing there, they finally let us into a room. The staff didn't do anything to go above and beyond to make up for anything. We kept being told "sorry". After talking to Groupon the next day and standing at the front desk for another hour the hotel still did nothing. I got my reservation filled and that's all. It was confirmed by groupon that they sent the email and the hotel had confirmed receiving it. Customer service guarantee is a joke.

• Stayed: July 2014

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed yur oncerns on customer service with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Park Inn by Radisson Resort & Conference Center Orlando
1 mi away
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Kissimmee/Celebration
Magic Moment Resort and Kids Club
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!