“Great Hotel Great Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration
Ranked #35 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
London, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2009

After reading many reviews I was slightly nervous about inviting 20 odd friends and family to stay at our hotel, which we were staying in during our Wedding holiday. (The wedding was not held at the hotel).

We were greeted by a friendly, but new, Englishman on front desk. He mentioned that we were a honeymooning couple. And since he said this, I assumed we might get some flowers, or fruit display in our room..... Nothing! Maybe I shouldn't have assumed we'd get something, but I dont know any honeymooning couple to go away and not get a single thing. Was quite dissapointed!!!!
The receptionist sorted our keys and were shown a map of how to drive to our dessignated car park, and how to find our room.
Now, when I say this hotel is confusing, I mean IT'S CONFUSING! After 2 weeks at the hotel, I still got confused which door led us to our car park. etc.... I wasn't the only one. The rooms are a bit easier to find. First its the building number, then the floor you're on, the the room number. IE; 3507, is in the 3000 building, on the fifth floor, room 7.
Our room was reasonably sized and equipped. 2 double beds, iron and board, fridge, coffee maker. The only thing that caused me issues was the windows. I didn't like them at all! Floor to ceiling length made me felt uneasy, especially with a child in with us, on the fifth floor. (It could've been worse, there are 8 floors!)
The pool area was cool. Although cool to describe the tempreture isnt correct. More like FREEZING! The heated pool never felt heated to me! If you have little ones, the floor by the kids pool is slanted and I see many an accident there!
The water slide there is fab, and the heated spa is wonderful. Had many a great time in there!
The sports bar is perfect and the people are really friendly. Popcorn machine is free, and they have free picky bits on the bar which I devoured!
The Deli, also, is great. Pizza Hut was used often by us, and they also do other hot food, as well as cakes, drinks, crisps etc....
Right, as far as location is concerned, you couldnt get much closer to Disney! We're right by the turn off before the "Disney highway". 10 minutes drive at the most!
The road the hotel is on has local amenities; Gift shop, Supermarket, and restaurants. A lot of friends went to Charley's a lot, and loved it. I really liked the Italian.
The hotel restaurant was bery enjoyable. Pretty quiet aand a little slow on service but they're friendly and the food was great!
Overall, our stay was spot on!

• Stayed March 2009
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
West Palm Beach
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2009

We stayed at the Radisson Resort and requested a room in one of the newer towers, we heard there were older rooms. We stayed in a sleep number room ($140 per night) and our expectations were not met. The room smelled MUSTY as soon as the door opened. Our room looked out to the hot tub on the first floor, but it seemed from the Musty smell that it had not been stayed in for a bit. We could hear every bit of activity and think there was a cheerleading group staying on our hall (with maybe the team leader across from us). So through the evening as we tried to sleep, we heard girls running up and down the hall. We put the do not disturb sign up that apparantly attracted some teenagers. They knocked at our door, then banged on it~ waking our baby in a screaming state. The first night was rough. The air only stays on for about 2min at a time and did help to block noise while it was on.
The kids pool was FREEZING and the heated pool was very cold too.
I've stayed once before and had a pleasant stay, we must have had the wrong building (2 story building).

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Atlanta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2009

My fiancee and I decided to go to Orlando for a few days as a getaway. I decided to book this hotel because of the pictures and also becuase it was a Resort. When we first got there we thought it was nice but when we checked into the room they had an outdated tv with channels that were fuzzy. Yes they have a sleepnumber bed but my side didnt function properly. They also had glass cups instead of paper cups and the cups wee not clean. They looked as if someone just rinsed theme or sprayed them with windex. Also when we decided to lay down the person above us was making noise and we could hear them. We even can hear the people next door to us and people in the hallway. We also put a please do not disturb sign in the front door and the housekeeping ignored it and still came in to clean. The last but most disturbing thing is that the bed was not clean. I have several bed bug bites on my back on stomach. Stay Away from this hotel. The name does not match the ambience at all.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2009

We were on a budjet but wanted a decent place to stay for seven days. My teenage daughter and I picked this hotel by looking at photos on line at the travel agency. After booking the hotel I checked the reviews and got a bit worried. The comments about bugs, smell, filthy carpets, security concerns worried me but we decided to try it and was pleasently surprised because it wasn't that bad. My kids enjoyed the stay. Very family friendly we thought. Games room on sight, lovely pools and hot tubs, Lots of families around. They make an effort to make it fun for the kids with games, hair braiding etc. So, if you are not a snob it's a pretty nice place.

elansing1979
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2009

We stayed at the Raddison for the second time this April; first of all, the weather was great. we checked into the hotel around 6:00 p.m.; the first thing i noticed was a musty smell in the hallways and in the room, but i think we experienced the same thing last time. the room was exactly the same as last time; we stayed in building 2000, 4th floor, room 2411; one of my complaints is that they only changed our sheets once during our stay; we actually left a note on the bed asking them to change the sheets one day, and they did not. we traveled with a 3 year old, who got ketchup on the sheet the first night, and we slept with that for 3 nights (lovely i know). the towels are scratchy, but remember, you are not staying at the Ritz; my second complaint was with room service. the last time we stayed, the room service was excellent; couldnt have asked for better food. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE THIS TIME; it took them 1 1/2 hours to bring up 2 salads and a bowl of what they called Minestrone soup; really it was just tomatoe chunk soup; we complained and the whole $45.00 charge was taken off our bill. they do charge $11 resort fee, and they do charge for rollaway beds ($11); they do not charge for cribs; there is a safe in the room; they did not provide much of anything. there was one bar of soap and one small (very small) bottle of shampoo. the maids did a really poor job of cleaning; basically they replaced towels and made the bed. there is a refridgerator. there is also a walmart and a walgreens right down 192 if you need little stuff; there is also a publix supermarket across the way from the walgreens. YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE KOBE STEAK HOUSE; WE WENT TWO TIMES THIS VISIT AND TWICE BEFORE; GREAT; SO WORTH IT!!!!. overall, you get what you pay for; we weren't expecting much; basically its where we slept and hung out, which it was fine for. the pools are really nice; gym was nice; and there were a bunch of mother ducks that just had babies; we fed them daily which was really nice. my daughter loved it; you can feed the fish too. we had to make an unexpected trip to the ER (daughter had fever of 106!!!) and thank goodness the ER is right across the street from the resort; really close to everything.

Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2009

I wasn't sure what to expect on this one. I read mixed reviews on line. Anyway, I brought my 9 year old daughter to this hotel for five days. The lobby is beautiful, the gardens are very nice and the pool area is great for kids! On Friday and Saturday night they showed movies by the pool. The heated pool is great and my daughter met quite a few friends. Kids eat free at one of the restaurants on-site, but I wasn't impressed. The on-site Pizza Hut was better, and always busy. It is located inside a little store/ice cream shop/restaurant that offers just enough to get by (snacks, soda, Starbuck's coffee, etc.). Another plus was the guest laundry facility. A theme park shuttle is included in your room charge. Great if you are going to Epcot, because it makes several runs there and back during the day. However, if you are planning to visit Sea World or Universal, be ready to stay from 8:00 - 6:00, because that is what the bus schedule requires. All in, it worked for us though! As another reviewer said - don't expect the Ritz and you'll be fine! This place is laid back, nice and a good spot for families.

sarasota, fl
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2009

i booked through priceline and got a great room for what i paid...some other guests on tripadvisor say that the rooms and halls are musty - not my experience.

the room is fairly large. 2 queen size beds and a couch, a microwave and fridge...this isnt the ritz or even embassy suites, but youre not staying there for under $50/night.

i was impressed with the cleanliness overall, and the pool looked really cool, but the one day we were going to use the pool we had a monsoon. oh well! the slide looked neat, we will try it next time.

Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank dennisj631
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
#41 of 153 in Kissimmee
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,394 reviews

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!