“Not really impressed, overall disappointed”

Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration
Ranked #37 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Northumberland P
Reviewed 4 February 2005

My family of four stayed at this hotel for 6 nights, 7 days. The whole time we were there, there was construction going on and they were ripping out carpets in alot of the rooms. The first room we were given the lights didn't work. When asked for another room, it was better but smelt funny. I guess it had just had new carpet put in it. The windows leaked in the room also. The exhaust fan in the bathroom didn't work well either. The bathroom was very small and the room wasn't that big either. A pain to park and far to walk to your car. The pictures on the website make it look so much better than it is. The whole place could use a makeover. The hallways and elevators and ice machines were very dfirty. Alot of the ice machines didin't work. The kids eat free at the restaurant is a rip off. They charge you 12.00 for the breakfast buffet plus gratuity. Not worth it at all. My husband and I paid 38.00 for breakfast and that was the kids eating for free. The only thing good I can say is when you need something like extra washcloths or towels, they are fast about it. Also the location of the hotel to Disney and Seaworld is close and convienient. We didn't use the shuttles at all so I do not know how they work. We rented a car. The pool with the waterslide is neat but it was too cold to use while we were there. The heated pool is small and shallow, and not much fun. I would not recommend or stay here again.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (4,110)

Reviewed 26 January 2005

We initially booked into another "hotel" that turned out to be a very tired motel. We negotiated a transfer next day to the Radisson Resort Parkway and spent a wonderful week here. Friendly reception staff, spotless bedroom and bathroom all with good quality linen. Great availability of snacks, fresh salads and pizza in the lobby. On the one occasion we had to contact reception for additional coffee supplies, not only was it delivered promptly but reception called us to check that our needs had been fully satisfied - what a great close-out of the issue. Excellent location for local facilities and access to road network. Secure parking. Would definitely stay again

11  Thank Groomsport6
Reviewed 23 January 2005

I've stayed at this hotel twice on different occasions. Both times, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The room was very clean and colorful. The main pool is huge with a nice slide. The location makes it easy to get to Disney and to other places such as Kissimee. I highly recommend it and will return again.

• Stayed: June 2003
6  Thank safety86
Maryland
Reviewed 22 January 2005

we just got back from staying at this hotel for three days, and i have to admit that i was disappointed when first arriving at the hotel. Just like many people have mentioned, the staff is friendly and helpful, but the room decor definitly needs upgrading. I found it rather dull and depressing. The bathroom was really small, and the room had a weird smell to it...kind of like wet carpet.
Before leaving the hotel, we did get to try out their restaurant (The Mandolin)...don't even bother with it...the waittress was sweet, but the service was sooooo slow, it was ridiculous. Not only that but the food was not good at all, and definitly not worth the price we paid.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 January 2005

Spent 4 nights with 3 kids, Service was excellent. I checked in in under a minute. After driving 21/2 hrs from boynton beach and then spending the day at MGM, we were tired. At checkin I requested a rollaway and it was in my room by the time I got there. Called for extra pillows and received them in under 5 mins. Didn't use the pools but they looked nice. Room was clean and hotel was quiet for such a large property. More of a resort then a hotel and only 5 mins from Disney. Pizza Hut, starbucks deli all in the lobby. Sports lounge with big screen TV. I can't see how anyone could complain about this hotel. Would stay again.

7  Thank ltgnd
Reviewed 16 January 2005

We stayed here for 3 nights from 3rd January 05. Bearing in mind the price we paid ,just $92 a night, we received excellent service from the staff. The room was clean, the pool good & onsite facilities generally good. On the negative side the rooms and decor were tired and dated and the beds are very hard.

My 6 year daughter was ill and was sick over one of the beds, we called the main desk and they sent fresh bedding within 10 minutes. This was followed up by a call an hour later asking how our daughter was now feeling.

The toliet flush stopped working, an indication of how in need of refurbishment the place is, but they came and fixed in within 30 mins.

Close by are 3 restaurants, we tried 2 of them. Oceans 11 & the Italian , both were excellent, good food, service and atmosphere.

All in all you wont get better value for money or a better location, but the hotel is in need of refurbishment.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 January 2005

Bought 3 rooms for one night from a cheap online service, probably got what I paid for. Rooms were actually comfortable but in an outdated, quite colorful section of the hotel. Looks like there is a newer section that is closer to the lobby, restaurant, and pools. Free parking, nice pools, friendly and efficient desk staff. Free transportation to the parks in the morning and late afternoon/evening or catch a taxi for $20. Close to the parks either way. Eat at Charlie's restaurant across the street, WOW!

• Stayed: January 2005, travelled on business
2  Thank lakedog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
1 mi away
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
Park Inn by Radisson Resort & Conference Center Orlando
Comfort Suites Maingate East
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Kissimmee/Celebration

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!